News: DMN: Draft analyst: Why the Cowboys are hoping to trade down in the first round

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Ramsey 3 ints in 3 years ZERO this past season. Bad comparison.

No. It's the exact same comparison.

We are projecting what we think these players will do as professionals not what they did in college.

If it was just a game of college production the draft would be easy and guys like Trent Richardson and Tim Tebow would be all pros.

Again I have a dream where player projection is based on more than a single statistic.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
No. It's the exact same comparison.

We are projecting what we think these players will do as professionals not what they did in college.

If it was just a game of college production the draft would be easy and guys like Trent Richardson and Tim Tebow would be all pros.

Again I have a dream where player projection is based on more than a single statistic.

lol. ZERO ints his last year. Vs JJ Watts 7 sacks his last year. YA, same comparison. I wonder what your dream would be when Deion came out as a generational talent and if he too had 3 ints in 3 years of college ball.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
lol. ZERO ints his last year. Vs JJ Watts 7 sacks his last year. YA, same comparison. I wonder what your dream would be when Deion came out as a generational talent and if he too had 3 ints in 3 years of college ball.

The entirety of your argument is based on college ints.

This is the exact thing I hope you eventually grow out of; namely, baseing your entire argument on a single number.

Sydla

Reaction score
The entirety of your argument is based on college ints.

This is the exact thing I hope you eventually grow out of; namely, baseing your entire argument on a single number.

But college stats are what projections are based on.

That's not to say they are the end all be all. And I like Ramsey. But the fact he's considered the top notch pass defender in this league and only had 3 interceptions in 3 years definitely is a bit puzzling.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
why keep drafting corners in the first round in the last few years they have drafted at least two in the first round and they both wentbust. and also a linebacker with a bum knee don't like the sound of that at all.

We've had about as much luck with drafting corners in the first as the Browns drafting quarterbacks in the first. Snake bit.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score

I think Deion had 14 INTs coming out of Florida State.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Here we go again with the 'there is more to cb's than ints'. We know that. My point is to be a so called once in a generation player, you have to be more than a guy who doesn't get ints.

How many interceptions do you expect from a corner? If you look around the league the best corners get like 3 to 5 a year. Teams would rather not test a good corner and find weaker parts of the secondary to attack. If the guy is dominating his side of the field that's a generation player. You can dominate a game without racking up a million sacks or interceptions.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We've had about as much luck with drafting corners in the first as the Browns drafting quarterbacks in the first. Snake bit.

How do? We have only drafted one corner in recent memory and that's Claiborne. Browns draft a qb every two years lol.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I think Deion had 14 INTs coming out of Florida State.

Ya, I was just saying what if Deion had 3 ints in 3 years as Jalen Ramsey. Ramsey is being mentioned as a so called generational talent. A generational talent that doesn't make ints. We all know Deion was labled as one (far as I can remember) when he came out.

Sydla

Reaction score
How many interceptions do you expect from a corner? If you look around the league the best corners get like 3 to 5 a year. Teams would rather not test a good corner and find weaker parts of the secondary to attack. If the guy is dominating his side of the field that's a generation player. You can dominate a game without racking up a million sacks or interceptions.

Very true but then again, if you are a generational player at CB, you'd think he'd have more than 3 interceptions in his college career.

Revis had 8 interceptions at Pitt
Peters had 11 interceptions at WSU
Haden had 8 at UF
Peterson had 7 at LSU

Ramsey's interception total looks like the lowest count for any CB taken in the Top 10 in like 10 years.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Ya, I was just saying what if Deion had 3 ints in 3 years as Jalen Ramsey. Ramsey is being mentioned as a so called generational talent. A generational talent that doesn't make ints. We all know Deion was labled as one (far as I can remember) when he came out.

I agree...

garyv

Reaction score
What is he thinking calling Ramsey a generational prospect?

I heard here on the zone you can get a guy like him in the middle rounds.

Personally I would rather take a DE with 1st Pick and draft Karl Joseph in 2nd Round

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Again, he is being compared to a generational talent. The best of the best. Spin it all you want, but 3 ints in 3 years is pathetic. So Deion dominated with zero ints? JJ Watt dominates with zero sacks? Otay.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Personally I would rather take a DE with 1st Pick and draft Karl Joseph in 2nd Round

There you go. Deal down a bit, take Shaq Lawson first, Joseph in the second, and take your pick of any numbers of holes with the extra pick.

fivetwos

Reaction score
As far as QB, I just hope they either do it right (pick 4) or don't do it at all.

Jerry thinking that QB gurus Garrett and Wilson can turn a Cook or a Hackenberg into a franchise QB is a sickening thought, and sadly, probably a very real one.

Sydla

Reaction score
Trading down is usually the right answer.

Takes two to tango.

You seem to like everything the Cowboys do. So what would the Cowboys have to do at #4 for you to not agree with them? What players that they are linked to, would you disagree with them taking?