News: DMN: Draft analyst: Why the Cowboys are hoping to trade down in the first round

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But what is not fun, is seeing "Your Team" consistently lose that cage match. -- I have grown to a point as a Cowboys fan that I am surprised by any "Win" what so ever.....
How did you live thru 2014?

Spectre

Reaction score
I can answer the thread title without needing an entire article.

1) Because they already have an elite QB
2) Because there is little to no talent available that's worthy of such a high pick
3) Because trading out of such a high spot usually grants a boatload of picks from some over anxious team.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
While I think trading down might possibly turn out to be a beneficial plan for the Cowboys to undertake, it's usually iffy getting another team to comply with fulfilling that goal.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well how do you know if any of the top 3 are going to be franchise type QB's ?? or the one dallas picks if they do.

Thes no guarantees with any player in any draft. Anyone can miss. Elliott can easily be the next Trent Richardson or Kijana Carter too.

And if dallas did pick elliot at 4 and then won the SB with elliot having a great year would the pick then be worth it?

If you think that this team is a running back away from a Super Bowl win, I think we would need to have a lot more conversations.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
How did you live thru 2014?

Happy, but skeptical, after the great start. Then much to my surprise, we actually looked strong when it mattered. I think we were better then GB that day, and we matchup well with Seattle....

We missed our shot. Romo has what? 2, 3 chances left? Dez caught that ball....

What got exposed last year. And that surprised me, because I thought we had turned some corner....

Coaching, depth at many positions, got exposed........ For us to win, everything has to be perfect. And we should've signed Murray. Going into the season with Randle/DMC was ................a puzzling decision.

"How did I live thru 2014?" maybe the better question is "How do you feel as a Cowboys fan, watching the last 20 years?"