News: DMN: George: Cowboys want Murray back but source says no progress yet on new deal

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Giving a second contract to a back who will be in his 30's at the end of it is paying age.

It's a horrible idea for a back who is far from special. He's a product of the OL. Get another and use those resources elsewhere.

If by "in his 30's" you mean 30

John813

Reaction score
Hopefully Murray has a Life-Alert around his neck, due to the way some are talking about how old/worn down he could be next year

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I have yet to hear what Murray wants, we know he did not want 4 mill a year but I have not heard what his demands are.

Actually he has sort of. He mentioned McCoys deals and some others. So im guessing hes looking for a deal that gives him around 7mil a yr.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
That makes no sense. The more you ran him the more his price tag went up I would think. His price tag would've been a lot cheaper at 1200-1300 yards than it was at 1800.

And they can afford Demarco. That's media drivel. If they want him back they can essentially bring him back just be restructuring some guys. It all depends if they want to. And I believe they want to at a good price. I think its bigger than what's on the field. They value what he does off the field and their locker room as well. There's a sort of "unfinished business" mantra with this team and I think they want to keep the core in tack to do that.

No one knows what Demarco's value is at this point. Including the Cowboys because no one knows what the running back market is. It hasn't been this weak......since free agency came into play.

That drivel has come from the joneses not the media. They can afford him at the price they want. Not at the price he wants. They've made that clear over and over and over again. Some of you just dont want to listen to what they say. All you have to do is look at the deals RBs got last yr to find out the market.

sacase

Reaction score
Disappointing that they want to pay age at RB. That's destined to be another bad contract.

By your definition very few RB's would ever get a second contract as most will be 26 when their first one is finished.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Both sides know where they stand and are saying the right things.

IMO They are both ready to test the market to get what they want.

I am fine with whatever happens.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Personally, I think you either go with what you have which is a mix of Williams, Randle, and Dunbar or you draft a guy somewhere around the 3rd round to add to the mix. I just don't think you pay that position in today's NFL.

endersdragon

Reaction score
They are going to let him test the free agency waters and then work to match whatever deals he gets. Isn't there even a way that they can assure that they get a chance to match whatever he gets offered?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Disappointing that they want to pay age at RB. That's destined to be another bad contract.

First...none of this is anything but Heresy. Next Murray is only 26. At 4M per. Sign me up.

Anything over that and i'll drive Murray to the airport myself. And ask for his autograph at the tarmac.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
If by "in his 30's" you mean 30

So let's see. Murray is going to be 27, was dinged early in his career but has gotten more durable. Peterson is going to be 30, was durable early in his career, but has gotten more injury-prone.

Yup, going after Peterson sounds like a perfectly reasonable decision to me. :cool:

cowboys2233

Reaction score
First...none of this is anything but Heresy. Next Murray is only 26. At 4M per. Sign me up.

Anything over that and i'll drive Murray to the airport myself. And ask for his autograph at the tarmac.

You're not dealing in reality. It will be much closer to 4 years/$27 million, $19 million guaranteed.

rynochop

Reaction score
Hopefully Murray has a Life-Alert around his neck, due to the way some are talking about how old/worn down he could be next year

Lol. Dudes not even 27 yet. i have the same concerns as probly everyone else does. contract year, worry about sore knee/quad/ankle,etc keeping him out of games in the future, but his age isnt one of them

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The Cowboys executive vice president made it clear the club wants to re-sign the league’s leading rusher.

The running back from Las Vegas bet on himself before the season started and now is in position to cash in.

A source close to Murray said Wednesday the Cowboys want to re-sign the Pro Bowl running back, though no progress has been made on a new deal.

Murray’s representatives visited with Jones and other Cowboys officials for about 20 minutes in the stands during a practice at the Senior Bowl on Wednesday.

Continue reading...

If we really want him..

we should let guys like Witten and Romo..

guys that are nearing the end of their careers redo their deals and make room for Murray.

And Dez.

If Murray has turned the corner and is better able to deal with the season rigors..

he's going to remain effective.

I do not want to see him carry the team like he just did.

He needs help and more substitution to be effective.

He clearly slowed from the load as the season wore on.

So there is room to figure this out.

Frankly..

I find the money paid to Mo Clayborne and Carr to be excessive and I'd rather let both of them go and keep Murray.

We can find and perhaps have replacements already on the team for them.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Actually he has sort of. He mentioned McCoys deals and some others. So im guessing hes looking for a deal that gives him around 7mil a yr.

What he has said? These were his comment yesterday

“To be honest, I haven’t thought much about it,” Murray said of landing a new deal. “I haven’t sat down and talked with my agent and thought about a number or anything. It’s only been a week or so. Everything is still fresh for me how the season ended. I haven’t been able to move on from it yet. When the time comes, I’ll sit down with my family and with my agent to see what we can get accomplished. Like I said, I hope it works out for me to stay.”

There are a lot of rumors that get posted as a facts, this comment above is directly from Murray