News: DMN: George: Cowboys want Murray back but source says no progress yet on new deal

Craig

Reaction score
You forgot another reason you give a RB 400 carries................you got nobody else.

Dunbar is too small to run between the tackles and Randal is horrible in pass protection..............that is why Murray never comes out of the game.

Look, I am not thrilled with the idea of resigning Murray to a fat contract either, especially with his fumble problems (probably costed us a trip to the NFCCG).....................but also know that we go nobody else right now that can do what Murray does.

Everybody says just draft a RB, but I find it laughable that a rookie RB is going to put up 1800 yards an lead the NFL in rushing his rookie season, especially a RB that is going to be drafted in the bottom of the first round or later.

The best back in the league was drafted in the second 2 years ago. I dont think anyone, including murray will recreate that production. They just need a productive back next year. The cheaper the better.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I fully expect Murray to miss at least 5 games next year regardless of what team he in on. And if he signs with the Cowboys he very well may miss 7-8 to "pay us back" for this season of not missing a game during his contract year. It would be great if we could pay him on a per game basis - otherwise, let him be another team's salary albatross.

Why would you expect that? Why would Murray be vindictive?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I think Murray re-signs. I didn't think so a week ago but I think they value him too much to let him walk. Not sure about the years but I think he gets a deal averaging 7 mil/season.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
With a name like ilykdrama?

Hopefully if they do resign Murray, they find him some help to spell him now and then. I don't see that as Randle but the sample size is small to.

Or just an old internet handle I never changed. I said it was pretty nit picky, but just finding a reason why we shouldn't dump 7 million a year on a guy. Glad to see YOU could try to stir up some ****, though, with your comments.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Or just an old internet handle I never changed. I said it was pretty nit picky, but just finding a reason why we shouldn't dump 7 million a year on a guy. Glad to see YOU could try to stir up some ****, though, with your comments.

Actually I was just kidding about your name.