News: DMN: Moore: Cowboys will sign a player or two by Thursday

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
While we get repeatedly snubbed by turd free agents, the Pats keep getting better.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
There's still time to upgrade the secondary at least.

Bring in Hall and Nelson, cut Carr and Barry.

Mo, Hall, and Scandrick at CB
Jones and Nelson at safety

Looks like an improvement to me, and we'll probably save money.

I'm just worried that Jerry and Stephen are too busy trying to convince Frisco to rename themselves Jonestown.
I'm just worried that Jerry and Stephen are too busy trying to convince Frisco to rename themselves Jonestown,..........thats a good one lol

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While we get repeatedly snubbed by turd free agents, the Pats keep getting better.

Did they though? Losing Chandler Jones was a big hit. Then they dipped into their draft stock to bring in Martellus. Kearse is probably their biggest clean signing.

rpntex

Reaction score
I didn't see any quotes from anyone from the organization which would indicate they are panicking.

I must have read it wrong. I thought it was this forum that was panicking.

Oh well, gotta go back and unlike the post now...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Did they though? Losing Chandler Jones was a big hit. Then they dipped into their draft stock to bring in Martellus. Kearse is probably their biggest clean signing.

by "better" i'm pretty sure he means they're signing names he recognizes.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
expectations are a ______?

"manner in which we all set ourselves up for either eventual failure causing the need to surround ourselves with emotional insurance of doom or consummate success by looking through rose colored glasses, but either road will take pain, effort and a lot of whining along the way."

is that what you were going for?

kazzd58

Reaction score
u cant hit every year especially when we are being cheap in fact, cats are taking the money mostly and it is what it is ...... maybe it'll work for us this year last year it didnt.. and im not complaining cause I would rather have the money to resign our oline than over these free agents... I like what we are doing make smart decisions with the money.. im cool with it

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
u cant hit every year especially when we are being cheap in fact, cats are taking the money mostly and it is what it is ...... maybe it'll work for us this year last year it didnt.. and im not complaining cause I would rather have the money to resign our oline than over these free agents... I like what we are doing make smart decisions with the money.. im cool with it

yep. we signed THE KRAKEN last year and that didn't work out well. put aside the personal vendettas people have and the money just wasn't worth the performance. not often is. in my mind lamar smith is one we missed out on. he could have helped us a lot but RBs these days are pretty easy to get so we'll see what else they're thinking.

just because they didn't do what i would do doesn't make them stupid.

kazzd58

Reaction score
yep. we signed THE KRAKEN last year and that didn't work out well. put aside the personal vendettas people have and the money just wasn't worth the performance. not often is. in my mind lamar smith is one we missed out on. he could have helped us a lot but RBs these days are pretty easy to get so we'll see what else they're thinking.

just because they didn't do what i would do doesn't make them stupid.

id rather have Zeke because in playoffs in NFL is where Zeke will shine over Lamar imo .. I haven't seen Lamar carry a team consistently in Miami college or pros but I saw Elliott lead his team to ship in college cause no way they would have beaten Alabama without him and no one can convince me other wise......... When there record setting QB went down Urban mostly fed Zeke and all he did was run them into a national championship and he wants the ball don't shy away from it at all......

man he'll be best" defensive" player we pick for our offense ( meaning protecting our defense keeping them off the field and fresh ready to hunt a qb imo)

Especially after last year when our defense was really really solid... u can only do so much when ya offense not helping you at all .. for the east and the style we want to play Zeke or Henry to me is best fit we want to eat the clock and I don't see Miller as that type that can ware down a defense

But Miller can take it to the house but u cant depend on that cause that's no happening every game but those 2 3 4 5 7 10 then boom 60 yd runs is the style I think we want (just my opinion) because its a will thing u know whats coming and u still cant stop it.. I don't see miller as that dude but hey I can be proven wrong and don't mind admitting when I am

when u are able to run the ball you control the game because the other team cant mess up on there offensive drive cause if they do that 4 min drill they may not see the field again with Zeke running behing our oline cause you cant stop him at least that would be my approach...

sorry bro im all on the Zeke train now if you can guarantee will get Henry then im cool with whoever at 4 most likely Bosa

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
There's still time to upgrade the secondary at least.

Bring in Hall and Nelson, cut Carr and Barry.

Mo, Hall, and Scandrick at CB
Jones and Nelson at safety

Looks like an improvement to me, and we'll probably save money.

I'm just worried that Jerry and Stephen are too busy trying to convince Frisco to rename themselves Jonestown.

I like adding Hall and Nelson. I'm not opposed to keeping both Carr and Church at this point. Not saying that either should start for us-- but they provide solid depth and it's not like we're using those FA dollars elsewhere-- might as well keep them on the roster and soak up and eliminate the bad contracts. That or keep em until June and see what happens in the draft. If we are able to get younger and better-- we can cut Carr/Church at that point.

I am still seeing too many holes on this roster heading into the draft: RB, DE, LB, WR, QB (not necessarily in that order of priority). That 12-4 finish has this FO fat and happy right now. They think their process is working-- and there is no urgency to address serious needs on the roster because they believe they are more talented than they actually are.

Arrogance is killing this team right now...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Chris Hogan will end up being another decent slot for them.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I like adding Hall and Nelson. I'm not opposed to keeping both Carr and Church at this point. Not saying that either should start for us-- but they provide solid depth and it's not like we're using those FA dollars elsewhere-- might as well keep them on the roster and soak up and eliminate the bad contracts. That or keep em until June and see what happens in the draft. If we are able to get younger and better-- we can cut Carr/Church at that point.

I am still seeing too many holes on this roster heading into the draft: RB, DE, LB, WR, QB (not necessarily in that order of priority). That 12-4 finish has this FO fat and happy right now. They think their process is working-- and there is no urgency to address serious needs on the roster because they believe they are more talented than they actually are.

Arrogance is killing this team right now...

Not even sure I call it arrogance.

I just think their unwavering and pathological optimism is killing them. They are not preparing for adversity.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
id rather have Zeke because in playoffs in NFL is where Zeke will shine over Lamar imo .. I haven't seen Lamar carry a team consistently in Miami college or pros but I saw Elliott lead his team to ship in college cause no way they would have beaten Alabama without him and no one can convince me other wise......... When there record setting QB went down Urban mostly fed Zeke and all he did was run them into a national championship and he wants the ball don't shy away from it at all......

man he'll be best" defensive" player we pick for our offense ( meaning protecting our defense keeping them off the field and fresh ready to hunt a qb imo)

Especially after last year when our defense was really really solid... u can only do so much when ya offense not helping you at all .. for the east and the style we want to play Zeke or Henry to me is best fit we want to eat the clock and I don't see Miller as that type that can ware down a defense

But Miller can take it to the house but u cant depend on that cause that's no happening every game but those 2 3 4 5 7 10 then boom 60 yd runs is the style I think we want (just my opinion) because its a will thing u know whats coming and u still cant stop it.. I don't see miller as that dude but hey I can be proven wrong and don't mind admitting when I am

when u are able to run the ball you control the game because the other team cant mess up on there offensive drive cause if they do that 4 min drill they may not see the field again with Zeke running behing our oline cause you cant stop him at least that would be my approach...

sorry bro im all on the Zeke train now if you can guarantee will get Henry then im cool with whoever at 4 most likely Bosa

heh, no one can guarantee a thing really. i just think he could have had some potential but i don't follow any of this enough to take a religious type stand. :)