News: DMN: National columnist: The Cowboys 'aren't that good,' have a 'soft' 9-1 record

Craig

Reaction score
It isn't our fault that GB and Cincinnati suck. When we played them they were supposed to be our true tests. There aren't too many good teams in the NFC.
You mean the NFL. This team isnt 9-1 good most years...but in this years NFL they certainly are. The games count all the same.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
The team is 9-1 but we're winning with our offense. We have a two headed monster at QB and RB that's been the difference.
None of this is accurate other than the record. The defense is top 5 in pts and against the run. The OL might have a little say in things. And your boy Dez keeps making a fool out of you. These guys are a team.

DuDa

Reaction score
lol @ this click bait. Lol even more that it worked.

p.s. I didn't click the link as the headline was enough

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
It's a solid record. The schedule is pretty easy but they were 4-12 so it should be.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Dallas will never get the credit they deserve. Whenever they're successful, there's someone out there coming up with some ridiculous stat or reason as to why Dallas is playing well.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
None of this is accurate other than the record. The defense is top 5 in pts and against the run. The OL might have a little say in things. And your boy Dez keeps making a fool out of you. These guys are a team.

Everything I posted was accurate you're the one who isn't accurate and our posting history will prove that. Our lack of a consistent pass rush will end up getting us beat in the playoffs unless it improves. As for Dez where did I say he was done? The only thing looking foolish is you and your agenda.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Everything I posted was accurate you're the one who isn't accurate and our posting history will prove that. Our lack of a consistent pass rush will end up getting us beat in the playoffs unless it improves. As for Dez where did I say he was done? The only thing looking foolish is you and your agenda.
Specifically, which part was inaccurate?

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score

We are giving up 70% completion percentages against opposing quarterbacks. So far it hasn't mattered and I'm not saying we can't simply dominate time of possession and play bend but don't break and continue to win but if we are vulnerable - it won't be against the run it'll be against the pass and no team has ever won a SB with a bottom ten Def pass rating.

Something to keep in mind.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Specifically, which part was inaccurate?

Where do I begin? You're trying to dampen the impact our offense has had on us winning games. lol You claimed the OL might have had a little say, when in fact it's had a huge say on why our offense has been so efficient. It all starts up front and you obviously haven't been watching the film studies this season showing what the OL has done for Zeke and the protection Dak has gotten. We're dominating opponents upfront. Our worst offensive performance this season resulted in our only loss. Dak and Zeke had their worst games of the season in the opener. You mentioned the defense being top 5 in points allowed but that's because opponents have had to throw the ball against us due to our offense being top 5 in scoring. We've been top 5 against the run this season but 21st against the pass and that's what's going to get us beat in the playoffs if we don't find a consistent pass rush by then.

We're not getting enough pressure on the QB and every time we've been knocked out of the playoffs under Romo it was mostly due to our defense, primarily our lack of a pass rush. We would be in trouble against a team like Atlanta with the year Matt Ryan and Julio Jones are having. We can't afford to have an off day offensively because for a defense to win games you need a consistent pass rush and you need to force more turnovers than we have. Anyone who's watched our games knows we're winning primarily because we have a top 5 offense that's putting up points. We have the leagues leading rusher who's wearing down opponents and we have one of the top passers in the league at QB who's been money in the clutch.

One thing that's helped our defense some bedsides our offense controlling the ball has been the solid play of Mo Claiborne but he's out with an injury and could be lost for the season. Another big addition that's helped is the surprising play of Anthony Brown who's been pretty impressive in coverage but we have to improve our pass rush or it will catch up with us. As for your comment that Dez has made me look like a fool, I challenge you to provide a quote where I said he was done and no longer capable of having good games. He hasn't proved me wrong on anything and twisting my comments isn't going to get you anywhere. You don't have a clue about anything, you're so lost you can't even tell who's a fan of the Cowboys and who isn't. When you start questioning my fandom you're lost in another solar system.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
You're trying to dampen the impact our offense has had on us winning games. lol You claimed the OL might have had a little say, when in fact it's had a huge say on why our offense has been so efficient. It all starts up front and you obviously haven't been watching the film studies this season showing what the OL has done for Zeke and the protection Dak has gotten

Dude Halloween is over. Put your strawman back in the attic. It was you diminishing the OL. You're not even able to discern obvious sarcasm. But thanks for making my argument for me.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dude Halloween is over. Put your strawman back in the attic. It was you diminishing the OL. You're not even able to discern obvious sarcasm. But thanks for making my argument for me.

Show me where I diminished the OL? Saying we have a two headed monster at QB and RB isn't diminishing the OL because the OL is a big part of the reason our QB and RB have had success. Hard to discern anything with you with the agenda you have and all the BS you post. Don't be delusional your argument got torn down and destroyed.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Show me where I diminished the OL? Saying we have a two headed monster at QB and RB isn't diminishing the OL because the OL is a big part of the reason our QB and RB have had success. Hard to discern anything with you with the agenda you have and all the BS you post. Don't be delusional your argument got torn down and destroyed.
What is my agenda? All I said was that the team's success has more fathers than two players. Since you've subsequently strongly agreed with that premise, I fail to see how that goes against anything I said. You just misunderstood sarcasm and attacked me with nonsense I never said. You know, like you do with everyone.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What is my agenda? All I said was that the team's success has more fathers than two players. Since you've subsequently strongly agreed with that premise, I fail to see how that goes against anything I said. You just misunderstood sarcasm and attacked me with nonsense I never said. You know, like you do with everyone.

You said a lot more than what you're saying now and it got shot down. Your agenda is to twist everything I say and this is a perfect example. I never said it was just two players but the two players I mentioned have been critical cogs to the success of this team. We had the same OL last season but we didn't have the QB or the RB to take advantage of it because what you have playing behind the OL matters. Saying I agreed with anything you said previously is just more of your agenda. You just come around to stir things up which is just another extension of your agenda.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I know through 9 games Dallas played the easiest 9 game schedule they had seen since 2002. It's between two and three deviations from the norm in how easy it was.

1st 10 games: 37 other NFL wins faced
Last 6 games: 35 other NFL wins to face

The strength of schedule midpoint was the middle of the Baltimore game; this is the part of the season that starts to balance the schedule and nullifies the argument.
GB, PHI and BAL all had winning records at the time the Cowboys played them...Pittsburgh was 4-4...that none of them do now is irrelevant...since Dallas has much to do with why they are not above .500 at the moment. The SOS argument is not totally accurate because it evolves with each new week. How many analysts would have thought that Dallas would beat GB and PIT in road wins or even the Ravens at home, given the defense.

The problem with these SOS schedule arguments is that they dismiss how teams fundamentally match up with each other. Dallas has beaten FootballOutsiders top two defenses in the Eagles and the Ravens, the latter which gave up 5 consecutive scoring drives...Dallas never punted again after 12:23 of the second quarter vs. Baltimore. The team that beats the Cowboys will need to shut down the run game AND consistently harass Prescott for the ENTIRE game...one or two quarters will simply not be enough. Now the Ravens secondary ain't all that...but Prescott's 127.1 passer rating is still an impressive feat for a rookie never having faced such a defense before...after a less than stellar first 18 minutes, he went off for the final 42. Eagles, Vikings, Ravens, Seahawks...Dallas is 2 for 2 so far against what are supposedly the top defensive units. However, if you ever watched that nineties team do it's thing then you realize that they didn't always dominate early...but by the time the third and fourth quarter came around it was more often than not a different story...with an ending that wasn't a portent of the beginning.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Chris Chase is a Skins homer. Claimed that the 1991 Skins team was the best in NFL history. And he was known on Yahoo for click baiting and writing awful, uninspired articles that were universally panned.

YR

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I'll throw in a prayer for a Cowboys pass rush. If that doesn't materialize we could be in trouble on Thanksgiving.
Yep..

You have to figure they plan on attacking with the pass.

I'm guessing Marinnelli is going to use the 3-8 alignment and figure the rushing will not best us.

We'll see.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
If we had blown out some of those " average teams/.500 teams" they wouldn't be saying this junk.
Gotta beat teams like 42-17, 31-10. That makes a believer outta peeps. After the Commanders dismantled the packers 42-24, people jumped on their bandwagon.

Beat the opponent, and beat them down. I guarantee you, if we beat the redskns 37-3, there would be no doubt about our supremacy. But if we beat them 21-20, goto overtime, or lose....well

Of course it's hard to " blow out" teams but just do your best.