DMN: National predictions: It's close, but analysts say Eagles have better chance to win NFC East

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Eh, Maclin is a good WR but their offense lives off crossing routes to move the chains consistently. Between Murray and their scheme I think they'll move the ball. Their system rests on a good OL, power running, an accurate QB and YAC. The only place they severely regressed was on the OL. Mathis can open holes.

I say the media is glossing over that units issues and then you just do that exact thing. Thats amazing really. You would have been quicker typing "yeah but still".

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
He already had a stud in McCoy that he tried to shoehorn into that role. He realized that as good as McCoy is, he was not the type of back he needed. I saw a lot of Eagle games, and I was surprised at how many times he was dropped for no gain or a loss. Chip needs guys who can grind out 4-5 yards consistently, not a guy who runs for 1, 2, -2, 1, 28. McCoy did not give the type of chain movement needed for that offense.

The entire purpose of the Kelly running game is to serve two needs. One is to keep a head of the chains, by creating a lot of second in six or less opportunities. The second is to annoy the defense enough that they have to step up against the run and allow the crossing routes to open up behind them.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I say the media is glossing over that units issues and then you just do that exact thing. Thats amazing really. You would have been quicker typing "yeah but still".

Oh, I'm sorry. Let me simplify it. I disagree entirely that they are glossing over anything. I don't think that the lack of a dominant number one receiver is in anyway a problem in Philadelphia. I did explain why I don't feel like it's being glossed over in that it doesn't rely on a number one in Philadelphia.

Reaction score
Check your bias, Philly Homer.

That's Sooner homer to you! :cool:
Bradford is a huge step up in QB for them, he can hit his targets and he's very comfortable with the no huddle. Our pass rush will have to be fast and our coverage will have to be tight.

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This part of the article stunned me...

"Washington Post
Neil Greenberg of the Washington Post ran 1,000 simulations of the regular season. His results showed that the Eagles are projected to win 8.70 games with the Cowboys behind by the slimmest margin possible at 8.69 wins. He also gave the Eagles a 52 percent to win the division over the Cowboys."

How did he simulate these games?

electric-football1.jpg

Dallas with between 8 and 9 wins... really?

I'm not homering out and suggesting a 14-2 season and SB victory...

But to suggest less than 10 wins doesn't seem realistic to me.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Eagles are "smoke and mirrors". It worked for a while last year but the NFL teams know it's coming this year.

Are they even??

Seriously. No analyst or logic can reasonably say they have best chance to win east.

1. You have 4 QB's = you have none.
2. You have a RB that did very well with a very good QB. (See #1)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If the media world doesn't unanimously state that the cowboys are the most dominant team of the decade, this board likes to believe that there is some sort of a bias against us.

I'm not certain that that is actually true of the majority here but personally, I'll choose to await further evidence that this team will indeed be dominant. There are simply too many variables entering into the big picture to gloat.

Last edited:

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Oh, I'm sorry. Let me simplify it. I disagree entirely that they are glossing over anything. I don't think that the lack of a dominant number one receiver is in anyway a problem in Philadelphia. I did explain why I don't feel like it's being glossed over in that it doesn't rely on a number one in Philadelphia.

Yeah, scheme, power running the same auld bollox pundits spit out while giving chip a pass. Teams are putting huge contracts out to receivers and Chip discards them like toilet wipes and people act like this is just cool and he can plan around it. I'm not buying it and you can go back to suckling at the media teat. I not buying it and you can't make me!

Derinyar

Reaction score
I think the interior of the Eagles line is a serious question. Kelce is a good center. The two guards, at least to me, seem to be JAGs. Lack of talent on the interior line is what caused the running game to falter last year. This year they don't have a back who's likely to get much of anything if he's hit in the back field. No I don't think Murray gets much yardage if he gets met in the back field. I think it also probably means Bradford could well not be having a clean pocket a lot. The primary way you beat the Eagles is tackle well. They run mostly short plays, except first year with Jackson, which I think actually made the offense much more dangerous. Maybe Aghlor will add that type of dimension back into their offense, but I'm always hesitant on expecting a rookie to do a lot.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
should of know when murry went to the eagles and they traded for Bradford they would be picked by the pundits to win the east and have a deep run in the playoffs murry got all the credit for the success of lasts years cowboys team no one else did was all him

Gameover

Reaction score
Anybody have the defenses 3rd down numbers?

When these writers write about ball control and the defense not being on the field as much last season, do they account for Cowboys D stopping teams on 3rd down and the 31 turnovers?

That helps to keep you off the field! How many games did this defense close with a big stop(turnover) late in 4th qtrs? Rams, Eagles, Bears, Lions, Seahawks, both Giants wins, Texans.

Cowboys defense wasn't a unit that was carried to 12 victories, they carried their weight.

And do these writers believe Scott is gonna stop running the ball because he doesn't have Murray? Murray's production dipped in the second half of last season, and he didn't stop running it, even when I wrongly wanted him too.

And Rosenthal will go to his grave with the Cowboys can't handle success narrative even though he pointed out a more valid reason of why this team won't be as good as last years. By his reasoning, it would be like someone saying the 93-94 and 98-99 Bulls showed you how hard it is to win 4 straight championships. No, one team was out a major piece and the other lost all of its pieces.

Last edited:

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
who cares...

If they are healthy they will be a stern hurdle..
But in order to win the tournament you have conquer many....

words hurt me like margarine that never enters my body.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
who justifies winning or losing before going onto the field...?

football is needed to bring insanity back to those who think they're predictions are sane.

come on sunday.... go Boys...

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
They lost their starting QB. For the most part, when a team loses their starting QB in the NFL it's game-over for a team.

10-6 in that situation is pretty impressive IMHO.

You can't be serious. Nick Foles is entirely pedestrian as a quarterback. The gap between him and Sanchez is almost negligible.

You're also forgetting that they were sitting at 9-3 before collapsing and getting shut out of the playoffs.

In what way was their season impressive?

perrykemp

Reaction score
You can't be serious. Nick Foles is entirely pedestrian as a quarterback. The gap between him and Sanchez is almost negligible.

Are we talking about the same Nick Foles?

The one with a career 94.2 QB rating?

The one who had the 3rd highest single season QB rating in NFL history in his only season starting the majority of the games?

The guy who threw 27 TDs vs 2 interceptions in 2013?

I understand the guy isn't Tony Romo, however to compare him to Mark Sanchez is a bit much...