DMN: National predictions: It's close, but analysts say Eagles have better chance to win NFC East

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think it's unreasonable to call them the favorites. It's close though. It's going to come down to staying healthy and getting the bounces that often times determine the direction of a season.

I see it as a 3 team race. I don't discount the Giants.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
:lmao2:
I don't think it's unreasonable to call them the favorites. It's close though. It's going to come down to staying healthy and getting the bounces that often times determine the direction of a season.

But the Commanders had such a great draft.:lmao2:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are we talking about the same Nick Foles?

The one with a career 94.2 QB rating?

The one who had the 3rd highest single season QB rating in NFL history in his only season starting the majority of the games?

The guy who threw 27 TDs vs 2 interceptions in 2013?

I understand the guy isn't Tony Romo, however to compare him to Mark Sanchez is a bit much...

He was no better than Sanchez last year. Check the numbers. When Foles went down, the Eagles suffered no drop off whatsoever in QB play. So that excuse doesn't fly with me. They folded down the stretch because the genius head coach wears his own team down with his callingplaysreallyquickonoffensething and also because they are very much a finesse team who aren't built for success in the postseason. If you smack that team in the mouth they fold.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score

We'll have all the information we need to make a informed guess after Week 2. I'm really interested to see their defense vs Atlanta.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score

The one who had the 3rd highest single season QB rating in NFL history in his only season starting the majority of the games?

I understand the guy isn't Tony Romo, however to compare him to Mark Sanchez is a bit much...

If you use your eyeballs to watch how he plays you can tell that he's not going to more than an average player.

He could have a great year with the Rams but if his body of work is any indication, its not going to be very impressive.

The Eagles did not miss a beat when he went down.

perrykemp

Reaction score
He could have a great year with the Rams but if his body of work is any indication, its not going to be very impressive.

His body of work = 94.2 career QB rating.

I don't think he is a top 10 QB, however, I hear all the time here on CZ that QB career QB rating is a HUGE deal... maybe even more important than playoff wins and Superbowl victories....

;)

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
His body of work = 94.2 career QB rating.

I don't think he is a top 10 QB, however, I hear all the time here on CZ that QB career QB rating is a HUGE deal... maybe even more important than playoff wins and Superbowl victories....

;)

Context is important. I'm from New Jersey so I have the unfortunate pleasure of watching every Eagles game. He's not very good and sports gurus from here will tell you as much.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Sorry didn't bother reading it. Will wait to see what happens on the field.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score

Sanchez outplayed him last year. Last year was not 2013.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
He was no better than Sanchez last year. Check the numbers. When Foles went down, the Eagles suffered no drop off whatsoever in QB play. So that excuse doesn't fly with me. They folded down the stretch because the genius head coach wears his own team down with his callingplaysreallyquickonoffensething and also because they are very much a finesse team who aren't built for success in the postseason. If you smack that team in the mouth they fold.

No, the team folded because they were playing smoke and mirrors with their secondary all year. They did a great job of hiding their crap secondary for 12 games, but eventually the bottom fell out. Hence, the 75% turnover In their defensive backfield this year. Their corners were horrid last year.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
My favorite pinata is Gregg (Can't spell his own first name) Rosenthal.

He picked Philly to win last year based on continuity.
He picked Dallas to finish 4th in the East and bottom five in the league.
He thought the Washington loss was a harbinger of things to come.
He picked the Cowboys to miss the playoffs after their 6-1 start.

This year he picked the Eagles to win because they didn't have continuity.

Can't make this stuff up.

Sydla

Reaction score
We'll have all the information we need to make a informed guess after Week 2. I'm really interested to see their defense vs Atlanta.

Atlanta is overrated. They have no OL. I think the Eagles might smoke Atlanta further firing up the ridiculous hype machine the Eagles have at this point.

Sydla

Reaction score
Context is important. I'm from New Jersey so I have the unfortunate pleasure of watching every Eagles game. He's not very good and sports gurus from here will tell you as much.

Agreed. That 2013 season was a total fluke and the perfect storm of a new system and new coach. He also was extremely lucky in 2013 - a few interceptions that were dropped, not one injury to a key offensive player, etc.

His second year, when the league got around to seeing him and this offense, his weaknesses showed - no mobility, bad footwork, average arm, etc.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Atlanta is overrated. They have no OL.

No kidding. They even dumped their starting center (Joe Hawley) today for Gino Gradkowski and he's horrible. Ask Baltimore.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Good! The bandwagon is full and we need to get going. Smell ya later, unbiased mediots.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Eagles are "smoke and mirrors". It worked for a while last year but the NFL teams know it's coming this year.

One thing you have to acknowledge is eagles is a fast paced offense, and they can score in a hurry , so once the opposing defenses slow it down by making them work for it, then they will have enough chances to take shots at QB and Murray for all his good work does have a injury prone label.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
NFL analysts? lol. The article notes Gregg Rosenthal, Michael Silver, Steve Wyche, Marc Sessler, Neil Paine, Sam Farmer, Neil Greenberg, Doug Farrar and Chris Burke as NFL analysts--writers who didn't play the sport or perhaps even sports period.

Bucky Brooks was the only proclaimed NFL analyst worth mentioning, having played the sport at the college and professional level. Of course, he bounced around the league in five years with five different teams mostly as a kick returner. Brooks' opinion? According to the article, Brooks is hedging his bets that the league will not be able to stop Kelly's offense. As far as defense is concerned, Brooks says:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...efensive-divisions-afc-east-nfc-west-dominate
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rs-dolphins-top-most-improved-defensive-lines

Even though Brooks acknowledges the NFC East owns prolific offenses in addition to Philadelphia's, the Eagles will prevail with projected secondary upgrades--while Dallas' projected most improved defensive line in the league (his thoughts on the matter, not mind) will not be an overwhelming factor.

Fair enough. We'll see.

I guess Bucky hasn't paid attention and realized that Rowe is unable to cover NFL WR's so far in pre season.

I wish that team would move to another city

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I said all off-season the Eagles were ahead of us. It's no surprise they are favored for the division. Things change with a couple injuries here, and there. They were favored last year as well until Foles was injured, and their 6-2 record turned into 3-5 down the stretch with Sanchez. Just be patient.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Unfortunately for the Eagles, Bradford + read option = very bad.

I consider the Eagles a very solid and resilient team. So there are some legs to them being very good this year imo. (something I have already said in recent weeks) But they will have to deal with some serious adversity when Bradford goes bye bye.