News: DMN: Stephen Jones: Cowboys will be ‘efficient’ in free agency

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Asinine ...

We're gonna go cheap when we were a bad call away from the title game and our QB is 33 years old...?

Efficient won't win this year ... Efficient won't beat out the track team kelly is about to put together ...

We need a CB like a real one ... A leader on Defense too a DT ... A MLB .. A new wrinkle on offense which too became predictable .

This is the year to restructure everyone and GO FOR IT.

Or sit there and watch the Eagles take it from us ... Giants too.

To expand on this a bit. What would that game have been like if Rogers were not injured. If he could have moved around and actually broken the pocket and run down field? I think to beat teams with good QBs who can break contain, you need a superior pass rusher. That's just my opinion.

cuzstud

Reaction score
What were you expecting from Mincy? To be a major disappointment it must have been a very unrealisticlly high number.

i expect mincy to get at least 12-14 sacks if he is starting for our defense, i dont care how much of a bargain he is, he is getting paid to sack the qb not play checkers with him, is that what u were expecting only 6 sacks if u were and management was, thats why he only gave us 6 sacks , 6 sacks is good for only backups noy STARTERS!, AND IM NOT TAKING ENGLISH CLASSES IM TALKING FOOTBALLL IF U CANT READ WITH OUT COMMAS , PERIODS ECT U NEED TO TAKE A READING COURSE

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i expect mincy to get at least 12-14 sacks if he is starting for our defense, i dont care how much of a bargain he is, he is getting paid to sack the qb not play checkers with him, is that what u were expecting only 6 sacks if u were and management was, thats why he only gave us 6 sacks , 6 sacks is good for only backups noy STARTERS!, AND IM NOT TAKING ENGLISH CLASSES IM TALKING FOOTBALLL IF U CANT READ WITH OUT COMMAS , PERIODS ECT U NEED TO TAKE A READING COURSE

A lot of posters won't take the time to read a comment that you didn't take the time to bother to communicate in a manner that can be readily understood. I know for my part, I just breezed over your block of text for that reason. FYI.

The ALL CAPS, though, did get my attention. As to your point, I'd say it's unreasonable to expect 12-14 sacks from a player just because he starts in Dallas. And that there's more to the position than sacking the QB. That's not to say that Mincey's position can't or shouldn't be upgraded, but he was great value for a team with a big need and not a lot of realistic options last season. Every single NFL team has players like that, because you can't fill a roster with top-10 picks.

Fredd

Reaction score
why waste 143 million dollars on your complete 53 man roster when wont u can get a dominant player like suh or hardy to get your defense and team over the top and get in the super bowl! to me mincy was a major dissapiontment thats why the jaguars let him go, he only got 6 sacks last year! justin houston got 5 in 1 game! that means mincey got at least 1 sack in 6 games and went with out a sack in the 10 other games! that is awful, and he got them in garbage time when we had big leads,, if thats steven jones ceiling of a defensive end getting 6 sacks a season being successful then he needs to give up his day job! if they dont get suh or hardy this year the team is done period! why keep making it to the divisional rounds in the playoffs and never advancing to the nfc championship or the super bowl by not trying to upgrade your team significantally if they get suh or hardy they is clearly the odds on favorite to go to the superbowl in the nfc period and the clear favorite to win it all, the jonses are known as the big dogs of the nfl in spending, just because it didnt pan out spending big on brandon car, jay ratliff, barber,ware, it did work with HALEY, AND SANDERS! u win some and u loose some but this team is ready to win it all now!

I think Mincey was a good bargain... most GM's would pay his salary for 6 sacks...but, the problem is that I think he led the team...I would love to see a legit pass rusher type on this defense and if by some miracle they stay healthy (see: Lee, Sean), this defense could win a game or two instead of the offense doing all of the heavy lifting

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Settle down Beavis. OK for starters expecting Mincey to get 12-14 sacks was crazy. He isn't that type of player. He wasn't getting paid to get that many sacks either. Yes I was only expecting about 6 sacks. Here is a news flash - so was everyone else. Not sure where you came up with all the wild stuff you were posting about Mincey. He has been in the NFL for 8 years and only has 26 career sacks including those 6 from last year.You expected half that many in one season? Really? His deal with the Cowboys is worth $4.5 million with $2 million guaranteed - not big time starters money by any means.

Now onto the all cap typing you did and the crap you directed at me. I did not say one word about any of that. Check all my posts if you want. I get you are new around here. But get your facts straight before going off like that again.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Everybody knows dallas couldn't be big fa spenders this year. They have enough to sign a lber and a dlineman and thats it besides some returning fa's and draft guys.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Everybody knows dallas couldn't be big fa spenders this year. They have enough to sign a lber and a dlineman and thats it besides some returning fa's and draft guys.

And we have been hearing that the last going on 4 years. not spending money on the best players, will not work in the long run. the J. Mincy's of the world, won't win you any championship. a guy like Suh or Hardy, could help you win one.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
To expand on this a bit. What would that game have been like if Rogers were not injured. If he could have moved around and actually broken the pocket and run down field? I think to beat teams with good QBs who can break contain, you need a superior pass rusher. That's just my opinion.

cool story bro
the team that beat them finished 22nd in sacks.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
And we have been hearing that the last going on 4 years. not spending money on the best players, will not work in the long run. the J. Mincy's of the world, won't win you any championship. a guy like Suh or Hardy, could help you win one.

mincey has started a super bowl, suh and hardy have never been past the first round....
irony at it's finest.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You have high expectations for someone else (Mincey) but you can't even be bothered to use proper English when posting.

The all caps just makes your post look even more ridiculous.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'd like to see a move for Hardy but I'd also be able to live with Sheard as well. Then draft some DE help.

Mincey, Lawrence, Spencer, Sheard, rookie drafted, Gardner............ I think you can find a suitable pass rush with that mix.

cuzstud

Reaction score
You have high expectations for someone else (Mincey) but you can't even be bothered to use proper English when posting.

The all caps just makes your post look even more ridiculous.[/quI SEE U DONT HAVE HIGH EXPECTATIONS PUTTING THE RACIST MEL GIBSON ON YOUR FACE IMAGE, GET A LIFE WE ARE DISCUSSING FOOTBALL NOT GRAMMAR

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is a message board that functions using English.

Everybody else talks about football and uses reasonably good grammar. Not using good grammar and over or under using capitalization is just annoying.

Also, when you use the quote function, you need to put your reply outside of the quote.