Do Cowboys have Best WR unit in NFL?

aikemirv

Reaction score
I'm not even sure that's been done in history by 3 receivers...I don't think it would've happened honestly. I don't think you can even consistently do what the Cowboys did last year trailing in all those games like that.
Agree, but even in the first game against the Rams when the score was 20-17 the 3 had 200 yards - that's a 3200 yard pace

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think those two are right on the brink of retirement.....a shell of their former selves.
Oh they are. I think this is AJ Green's last check he will get and Fitz may retire this offseason lol

Now I will say....Cardinals do have Isabella and Christian Kirk who i'd honestly prefer over them but I don't know maybe they aren't fulfilling their potential like they wanted. Not sure why they'd even bring in AJ Green.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, you have to have some semblance of protection to be able to create more time - he was facing a jailbreak!
Yeah based on their free agency we can tell how they felt about that crap that went down. He truly didn't get any time to throw.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
No its not. You are telling me AJ Green and Fitzgerald in 2021 are even close to Gallup and Cee Dee Lamb right now?

Im telling you that Cooper isn’t even close to Hopkins, and that gap more than makes up for it

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Couple different ways to look at it, Minnesota has a 1300 and a 1400 yard receiver. Dallas doesn’t even have a 1200 yard receiver

But I’d put Arizona 1. Hopkins is the best in the world, AJ Green and Larry Fitzgerald are a better 2&3 than any other team has

yes, but Dallas was close to 3 1000 yards receivers last year with Dalton as the primary QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Im telling you that Cooper isn’t even close to Hopkins, and that gap more than makes up for it
Cooper doesn't have to be close to Hopkins. At the end of the day they are #1 receivers. Hopkins is better. NO doubt. But in order for this to work Cooper would need to be a #2 receiver....and even then i'd probably say the Cowboys were better. I'm not even sure if if Christian Kirk and/or Andy Isabella talent-wise don't offer more than them at this point.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Oh they are. I think this is AJ Green's last check he will get and Fitz may retire this offseason lol

Now I will say....Cardinals do have Isabella and Christian Kirk who i'd honestly prefer over them but I don't know maybe they aren't fulfilling their potential like they wanted. Not sure why they'd even bring in AJ Green.
They also added a good rookie WR this year in the 2nd rd
Rondale Moore

I'm surprised Fitz hasn't retired.
Is he in striking range of the all-time receiving yards record or something?
Maybe catches (not yards)?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They also added a good rookie WR this year in the 2nd rd
Rondale Moore

I'm surprised Fitz hasn't retired.
Is he in striking range of the all-time receiving yards record or something?
I thought they added someone I remember seeing them go receiver in the draft...i'll be honest...I was today's year old when I found out they had AJ Green. I had no idea.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Cooper doesn't have to be close to Hopkins. At the end of the day they are #1 receivers. Hopkins is better. NO doubt. But in order for this to work Cooper would need to be a #2 receiver....and even then i'd probably say the Cowboys were better. I'm not even sure if if Christian Kirk and/or Andy Isabella talent-wise don't offer more than them at this point.

none of them are #1 receivers. Lamb may be one day, but Cooper’s next great season will be his first. He’s a high tier 3 WR

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
yes, but Dallas was close to 3 1000 yards receivers last year with Dalton as the primary QB.
that is true, but that’s also been the ceiling thus far for all 3. Lamb obviously was a rookie; but until he’s done something more, he hasn’t.

they each had close to 1000, and Hopkins had 1400 by himself

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Minnie only has 2 receivers though.

True, but when either guy could be a 1 pretty much anywhere in the league that's a super strong duo. Maybe I'm projecting on Jefferson a little since he's only had 1 year but I think he's legit.

blueblood70

Reaction score
you have to add TEs into the mix as they are used like WRs nowadays and important in the passing game and opens up the WRs so id say we are around 5-6 but teams lie KC shoots to #1 due to Kelce added to 3 very good wrs and whos throwing to them..
If Pitts turns into something at this point they have all those WRs Hurts and Pitts they might shoot up to 2

the rest are subjective anyway..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
True, but when either guy could be a 1 pretty much anywhere in the league that's a super strong duo. Maybe I'm projecting on Jefferson a little since he's only had 1 year but I think he's legit.
And I guess that's my thing. He's only had one good year under his belt so its hard for me to put much into those guys because if he comes out this year and has 800 receiving yards than its like what? And with Jefferson its probably still hard for me to come to grips that he's as good as he was last year...stats wise anyway.

In regards to the Cowboys......is 2 #1 receivers better than #1 and 2 #2's?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
And I guess that's my thing. He's only had one good year under his belt so its hard for me to put much into those guys because if he comes out this year and has 800 receiving yards than its like what? And with Jefferson its probably still hard for me to come to grips that he's as good as he was last year...stats wise anyway.

In regards to the Cowboys......is 2 #1 receivers better than #1 and 2 #2's?

In my opinion, I think we all overhype Gallup so yeah, I'd rank Minny higher at this point.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
Kansas City Chiefs – Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Mecole Hardman.
Denver Broncos – Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, KJ Hamler.
Dallas Cowboys – Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, CeeDee Lamb.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Tyler Johnson.
Arizona Cardinals – DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk.
Sammy Watkins is a raven.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Our guys would be higher if we had Aaron Rodgers at quarterback? That makes no sense...why would you gauge a wide receivers talent based on the QB lol? Browns don't need Aaron Rodgers to show OBJ, Higgins and Landry are studs lol.

It makes PERFECT sense, but maybe not to you. I'll accommodate your lack of understanding. ;)

A wide receiver needs the offense to succeed and the quarterback to get him the ball to be effective.

One of the arguments in support of Aaron Rodgers against the Packers organization is that he has never had a true No. 1 receiver, and yet, he is making lower drafted receivers look like stars.

And Jaylen Hurts had the same set of receivers as Tua had, but those receivers were basically invisible. Tua steps on the scene and, suddenly, Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith, Waddle are becoming household names. They LOVED Tua in practice, but Saban was wedded to hierarchy until he absolutely had to pull Hurts. In steps Tua, and he throws a dart to Devonta Smith, and Bama wins the National Championship.

Don't tell me a quarterback's play doesn't impact whether the receiver shines or gets to show his talent. Too many examples to the contrary as I've heard players grip about not getting the ball thrown to or star studs out of high school going to a school simply because of who the quarterback is and whether they have a pass-friendly offense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In my opinion, I think we all overhype Gallup so yeah, I'd rank Minny higher at this point.

Fair enough. For me personally, i'm not overhyping Gallup I do think he's a solid #2 in this league......I just think 3 good receivers are better than 2 lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It makes PERFECT sense, but maybe not to you. I'll accommodate your lack of understanding. ;)

A wide receiver needs the offense to succeed and the quarterback to get him the ball to be effective.

One of the arguments in support of Aaron Rodgers against the Packers organization is that he has never had a true No. 1 receiver, and yet, he is making lower drafted receivers look like stars.

And Jaylen Hurts had the same set of receivers as Tua had, but those receivers were basically invisible. Tua steps on the scene and, suddenly, Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith, Waddle are becoming household names. They LOVED Tua in practice, but Saban was wedded to hierarchy until he absolutely had to pull Hurts. In steps Tua, and he throws a dart to Devonta Smith, and Bama wins the National Championship.

He's never had a true #1? Davante Adams is arguably the best receiver in the league right now lol...

Don't tell me a quarterback's play doesn't impact whether the receiver shines or gets to show his talent. Too many examples to the contrary as I've heard players grip about not getting the ball thrown to or star studs out of high school going to a school simply because of who the quarterback is and whether they have a pass-friendly offense.

Don't do that. I never ONCE said QB play doesn't impact whether receiver shines or not. I'm saying why in the hell are you using the Cowboys and Browns as examples of receivers not shining?

And to dispell this argument.....explain why Mike Evans and Chris Godwin's stats were better with Jameis Winston then they were with Tom Brady?