Do not give up on Gregory

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Every team that passes on him gave up on him before the draft even happened. It’s too bad what’s happening to him, but you’re not running a halfway house. You’re paying him millions of dollars to stay clean, and he said no.

There’s a lesson to learn when you and the Bengals and the Lions and the Buccaneers draft these kinds of players, yet the Steelers and the Patriots and the Packers keep saying heck no.

Who was the next pass rusher taken in the draft?

60 Dallas Cowboys LB Randy Gregory Nebraska
63 Seattle Seahawks DE Frank Clark Michigan

Green Bay would have taken Clark. Do you take Gregory next time this decision comes up? And the time after that? Cut him. If he gets his life together, someone will give him a second chance. But every time he messes up, every time a big article pops up on ESPN about Randy Gregory’s latest blunder, it’s gonna have DALLAS COWBOYS DID IT AGAIN in the headline, and that’s a big problem.

Look at recent examples of the consequences: Dez Bryant held out until he got every last penny from you, while Alshon took below market value for the opportunity to play in Philadelphia. Just in the last week, the Eagles signed their star pass rusher to a team friendly deal, while your star pass rusher has proclaimed he needs way more money than you’re offering to ever suit up for Dallas again. How did it come to this?

The star not longer means what it used to, and it’s directly due to decisions like this. Every little blip on the radar adds up to create the bigger picture. Tell me something, do you think the Demarcus Lawrence has felt truly honored to play for America’s team? Do you think he’s handling this any different than if he were drafted by the Cardinals, by the Texans, by the Commanders? When Brandon Graham had his news conference, he said he knew he’d make more money somewhere else, but he didn’t want to be somewhere else. Don’t you remember when that was you people said that about?

And now we’re talking about giving a player a fourth, a fifth, a sixth chance. After he promised he’d never do it again. Why? Who benefits from this, other than Randy Gregory’s pocketbook? Who exactly are you helping by keeping him on the team? It’s not as if you’re ruining his life by cutting him. He’d sit at home with his millions you paid him and smoke weed all day.

If you could rewind time and make that pick again, would you? If not, isn’t that the very definition of a bust?

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Every team that passes on him gave up on him before the draft even happened. It’s too bad what’s happening to him, but you’re not running a halfway house. You’re paying him millions of dollars to stay clean, and he said no.

There’s a lesson to learn when you and the Bengals and the Lions and the Buccaneers draft these kinds of players, yet the Steelers and the Patriots and the Packers keep saying heck no.

Who was the next pass rusher taken in the draft?

60 Dallas Cowboys LB Randy Gregory Nebraska
63 Seattle Seahawks DE Frank Clark Michigan

Green Bay would have taken Clark. Do you take Gregory next time this decision comes up? And the time after that? Cut him. If he gets his life together, someone will give him a second chance. But every time he messes up, every time a big article pops up on ESPN about Randy Gregory’s latest blunder, it’s gonna have DALLAS COWBOYS DID IT AGAIN in the headline, and that’s a big problem.

Look at recent examples of the consequences: Dez Bryant held out until he got every last penny from you, while Alshon took below market value for the opportunity to play in Philadelphia. Just in the last week, the Eagles signed their star pass rusher to a team friendly deal, while your star pass rusher has proclaimed he needs way more money than you’re offering to ever suit up for Dallas again. How did it come to this?

The star not longer means what it used to, and it’s directly due to decisions like this. Every little blip on the radar adds up to create the bigger picture. Tell me something, do you think the Demarcus Lawrence has felt truly honored to play for America’s team? Do you think he’s handling this any different than if he were drafted by the Cardinals, by the Texans, by the Commanders? When Brandon Graham had his news conference, he said he knew he’d make more money somewhere else, but he didn’t want to be somewhere else. Don’t you remember when that was you people said that about?

And now we’re talking about giving a player a fourth, a fifth, a sixth chance. After he promised he’d never do it again. Why? Who benefits from this, other than Randy Gregory’s pocketbook? Who exactly are you helping by keeping him on the team? It’s not as if you’re ruining his life by cutting him. He’d sit at home with his millions you paid him and smoke weed all day.

If you could rewind time and make that pick again, would you? If not, isn’t that the very definition of a bust?
* SHEESE& FORSOOTH,,, for I've obviously been out-tweeded in posting attire:eek:

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

** pretty good post,man!:thumbup:

CCBoy

Reaction score
All thoughts aside...there is no more final line. Man Up here and now...or hit the rode with no accompanying thoughts of disappointment by any fans.

If they let you stay around, great, we'll all cheer for you...if not, good by Son. It's as simple as that. Man Up! The Lady or the Tiger...NOW!

LittleD

Reaction score
Weed is not substance abuse by any means. The only reason this is even a story is because the NFL's policy on weed. Gregory uses weed to cope like so many others. But if he was cramming prescription pills down his throat like big pharma wants, no one would bat an eye.

Regardless of what you think, weed is a Federal Felony crime just as it is in Texas. You do the crime, just do your time.

Hadenough

Reaction score

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Pot addiction is strong and I know from personal experience. There is the possibility that RG simply smoked a very little bit thinking it would not stay in his system. I dont think he can truly quit and it would not be worth spending money on him. I know some of what he is going through.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe in second chances. But not 3rd, 4th and 5th chances.

One of the most neglected “abilities” that too many non-objective fans do not recognize is dependability. If you can’t depend on a guy being there when you need him, it’s a disability. Jerry’s “soft heart” for guys in trouble is great if you’re running a charity. But it’s crippling if you’re running a professional sports team, supposedly trying to win a championship.

Jipper

Reaction score
Screw Gregory, he is a selfish idiot....the sooner he is cut the better

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...8LLnClylK3Xvn0I8MyotXaIzXwdHFpMfsBnFlfGXO3Sjo

He has a chance to be reinstated if he follows the same regimen he was required to follow last year.

I'm not giving up on him.
Hey..

I smoke myself

It helps offset the 12 medications I take a day to live.

The side effects are murder.

But if I had to stop smoking I could.

I would just drink.

But I don't drink because it combines wildly with my meds and would add liver problems to my kidney problems.

So pot helps. I occasionally go to Colorado to the dispensaries there and stock up for 6 months at a time.

But that's just me.

So I have no sympathy for Randy.

The dude knows better but does not want to change.

I have moved on with him.

So should the Cowboys.

He is making them look like idiots.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Did he fail a test or miss one. I know it’s the same time. I just wondered...

When they are in the program then they can test you several times a week. That has to get old. He put himself in the position. But if your being tested that many times a week then it would figure that eventually something would happen and miss a test.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Hey..

I smoke myself

It helps offset the 12 medications I take a day to live.

The side effects are murder.

But if I had to stop smoking I could.

I would just drink.

But I don't drink because it combines wildly with my meds and would add liver problems to my kidney problems.

So pot helps. I occasionally go to Colorado to the dispensaries there and stock up for 6 months at a time.

But that's just me.

So I have no sympathy for Randy.

The dude knows better but does not want to change.

I have moved on with him.

So should the Cowboys.

He is making them look like idiots.
That’s why I wondered if he failed or missed a test. Once a person quits for a bit then it’s easier not to go back to it.

conner01

Reaction score
He’s not reliable. Great if he comes back, but don’t bet on it.

Would be great if Taco actually did something.
Helping the kid cost nothing
He’s under contract for free
Hoping the guy changes his life is fine
But as you said, depending on him is not
If he gets back fine but you have to build your roster like he’s never coming back