Do not give up on Gregory

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I started smoking it in 5th grade, and smoked every day from about 9th grade, right up until I got my CDL. To make $33,000/year (at the time) I quit without hesitation.

When someone tells me weed is addictive, that tells me more about the person than the drug.
You smoked pot every day for a decade but weren't addicted.......lol

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Everything I hear is that he is a good dude unlike David Irving who is a turd.

Side Note: I think most people would be shocked to hear him in a interview. He is very well spoken without the thug/neanderthal type of demeanor that is common with many troubled athletes.
The juice is not worth the squeeze any more

CYa Smokey

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
hitting the jackpot on a $1 scratch off feels great but this organization is way too addicted to pursuing that "rush". Just draft good, healthy, reliable players in the first place. It works for the winning organizations.
They are too good at drafting to worry about getting lucky on rehab projects

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No, I wasn't. As evidenced by the fact that I easily quit for a lower paying job, I could give it up anytime.
Evidenced that you spent 1000s of dollars and smoked EVERY DAY says addicted to me

I quit cigarettes too, cold turkey after 15 years but it doesn't mean I wasn't addicted

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Evidenced that you spent 1000s of dollars and smoked EVERY DAY says addicted to me

I quit cigarettes too, cold turkey after 15 years but it doesn't mean I wasn't addicted
I didn't spend thousands of dollars. For one, it wasn't nearly as expensive in the 70s and 80s, and also, I rarely bought it, because it wasn't that important to me, but family and friends always had some and offered it, and I don't like being around high people when I'm sober any more than I like being around drunk people when I'm sober.

Cigarettes were much, MUCH harder to quit. I needed hypnosis for that.....twice.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So he went through this protocol last year and has to go through that again? Why? Because he failed to stay clean?

So, he's been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and clinical anxiety, according to his lawyer. If he were in a more forward thinking state where medical marijuana could and would be prescribed, could he have a case against the NFL for depriving him of a prescribed treatment by a medical professional and this has been prescribed my many because the other medications have too many unwanted side effects. The most prescribed for Bipolar, Lithium, brings kidney damage along with it and I had two employees that had to stop taking it and never got right again, their lives and those of their family and friends around them were hell.

The ongoing fight Gregory has had with this is not just him being a stoner. He's struggling and I believe these are real and not just wanting to get high. I've had some experience with those suffering from mental illness and unless you've been there with them, it is hard not to minimize the effect of that. It is a living hell that some choose to end entirely on their own from the sheer exhaustion of fighting it. These continued relapses and suspensions lead me to believe this is a lot more than just getting high.

The shame is because of the antiquated laws and rules of the NFL, the man cannot do what evidently keeps the demon at bay. And therefore cannot be depended upon to be there when they need him. Much as I feel for what he must be going through, they need to move on because every time I feel he's turned the corner, he turns back again.

GMO415

Reaction score
I don't have time to think about about Gregory especially in the off-season. I have a family support .I'm burning zero calories thinking about him.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Everything I hear is that he is a good dude unlike David Irving who is a turd.

Side Note: I think most people would be shocked to hear him in a interview. He is very well spoken without the thug/neanderthal type of demeanor that is common with many troubled athletes.
I have heard that too. The only thing that I am saying is that Gregory himself is going to have want the treatment for whatever condition that he has. If he resists than it would be difficult for him over come whatever the problem is. I just want him to get better as a person, then we can worry about football.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have heard that too. The only thing that I am saying is that Gregory himself is going to have want the treatment for whatever condition that he has. If he resists than it would be difficult for him over come whatever the problem is. I just want him to get better as a person, then we can worry about football.

My understanding is that he responds well to "in-house" treatment but struggles when back in normal life.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...8LLnClylK3Xvn0I8MyotXaIzXwdHFpMfsBnFlfGXO3Sjo

He has a chance to be reinstated if he follows the same regimen he was required to follow last year.

I'm not giving up on him.

I am not making excuses for the guy but he does play for the Cowboys. That means the league will extend the suspension as long as possible. Vice Commissioner Mara does a great job protecting his players (OBJ!!!) and making sure the Dallas Cowboys players receive the maximum suspension possible. If Gregory played for the Giants he would be reinstated by training camp. That he plays for the Cowboys means 2019 is probably out.

Gregory really hurt the team.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
How many years can he do this. Time to cull him out of the herd. We'll never be able to depend on him.

Maybe we can't trust him, but I still don't throw away a lottery ticket.

The biggest problem with his last suspension is that he didn't keep in football shape and develop his body while suspended. If he can ever come back, he'll be a big plus if he comes back physically ready to play.

I wish that if the NFL is going to make a player's drug use the league's business, they'd make it the fans' business as well. What actually did Gregory do? I haven't heard at all.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Maybe we can't trust him, but I still don't throw away a lottery ticket.

The biggest problem with his last suspension is that he didn't keep in football shape and develop his body while suspended. If he can ever come back, he'll be a big plus if he comes back physically ready to play.

I wish that if the NFL is going to make a player's drug use the league's business, they'd make it the fans' business as well. What actually did Gregory do? I haven't heard at all.
It is hard to stay in shape when you are drinking and doing drugs every day

You may not throw away a lottery ticket but you can surely stop buying them instead of going to work

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It is hard to stay in shape when you are drinking and doing drugs every day

You may not throw away a lottery ticket but you can surely stop buying them instead of going to work

I wonder if the problems with Gregory and Irving will shift their thinking. It could. But it's not like these are the first problem children they've had problems with. I think Jerry kind of gets off on it. Loyalty to Jerry's Kids.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Contrary to popular opinion, keeping Randy is not a big hassle for the Cowboys. While he is suspended, he costs the team nothing. There are plenty of examples of 2nd round picks with a lower return on investment than Gregory. (Think Gavin Escobar) The Cowboys own his rights for at least two more seasons. In the one season he played without injury, he had enough sacks & pressures to justify keeping rights to him as a player. If he was disruptive in the locker room, then it would be an issue. But by all accounts, he is well liked and regarded by his teammates.

Instead of getting offended, I just think of him as an often injured player who plays well when healthy. Given the low cost involved, it makes sense for the Cowboys to keep him for now. Take your frustration and emotions out of the picture, and this decision makes sense for the Cowboys.