Do not give up on Gregory

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Hey..

I smoke myself

It helps offset the 12 medications I take a day to live.

The side effects are murder.

But if I had to stop smoking I could.

I would just drink.

But I don't drink because it combines wildly with my meds and would add liver problems to my kidney problems.

So pot helps. I occasionally go to Colorado to the dispensaries there and stock up for 6 months at a time.

But that's just me.

So I have no sympathy for Randy.

The dude knows better but does not want to change.

I have moved on with him.

So should the Cowboys.

He is making them look like idiots.
Keep on Keeping on.... stay strong

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
That’s why I wondered if he failed or missed a test. Once a person quits for a bit then it’s easier not to go back to it.
Something is up with him.

Due to Privacy issues..the team can't come forward and talk about the why and wherefore and thus.

Our society today is really screwed up

Marijuana is legal in Colorado and Cali but illegal elsewhere.

The NFL is just a ridiculous organization.

Even Jerrah has come out and said he thinks pot is realistic in the cases of pain relief and medically supervised treatment and he is in favor of changes.

I bet somewhere on that bus and yacht there is a secret stash.

Seen him walk lately?

He is having medical issues himself.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Helping the kid cost nothing
He’s under contract for free
Hoping the guy changes his life is fine
But as you said, depending on him is not
If he gets back fine but you have to build your roster like he’s never coming back
I am personally well past rooting for the kid

He and they lied to us all back in Nov 17 when he was first eligible to come back .... they told us he wanted to wait til after the season and didn't want to be a distraction..... but in fact he was out of control,...... he was living in a halfway house, didn't have a job and using in the streets like a junkie.... he was at rock bottom

I can sympathize and help someone but I don't like being taken for a fool..... he was no where near reinstatement as we were being told..... he was the opposite.... he had to be snatched off the streets by men in black suits like an arrest..... but he was sent to extensive rehab for 6 months....

Why the NFL then let him come back is beyond me.... he supposedly failed or missed another test last Sept......he has made a mockery of the rules... the carrot doesn't work and the stick doesn't work .... so guess what RGregory doesn't get to work either

glimmerman

Reaction score

Due to Privacy issues..the team can't come forward and talk about the why and wherefore and thus.

Even Jerrah has come out and said he thinks pot is realistic in the cases of pain relief and medically supervised treatment.
I know. I had a feeling he would fail another test. I read something a while back talking about how many times a week or month they can test you while in the program and it was ridiculous.

I think eventually they will legalize it in the USA. I see Florida is now making a push to make it legal for everyone. But even if they did the NFL can still deem it illegal.

LittleD

Reaction score

Even Jerrah has come out and said he thinks pot is realistic in the cases of pain relief and medically supervised treatment.

There's a big difference in hemp oil and pot. You don't have to smoke to get pain relief. As long as pot is a Federal felony, it will not be
allowed in the NFL, period.

conner01

Reaction score
I am personally well past rooting for the kid

He and they lied to us all back in Nov 17 when he was first eligible to come back .... they told us he wanted to wait til after the season and didn't want to be a distraction..... but in fact he was out of control,...... he was living in a halfway house, didn't have a job and using in the streets like a junkie.... he was at rock bottom

I can sympathize and help someone but I don't like being taken for a fool..... he was no where near reinstatement as we were being told..... he was the opposite.... he had to be snatched off the streets by men in black suits like an arrest..... but he was sent to extensive rehab for 6 months....

Why the NFL then let him come back is beyond me.... he supposedly failed or missed another test last Sept......he has made a mockery of the rules... the carrot doesn't work and the stick doesn't work .... so guess what RGregory doesn't get to work either
I don’t know the entire story, not sure anyone does
I would never depend on him but I also would cut him since he costs us nothing
The team knows the whole story so they have info to base their decision on

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
There's a big difference in hemp oil and pot. You don't have to smoke to get pain relief. As long as pot is a Federal felony, it will not be
allowed in the NFL, period.
This is changing.

It's a Federal offense becuzip they have no figured out how to regulate it yet.

Like with alcohol and prohibition..

there were always privateers and speak easies.

Once taxed..that all disappeared.

Pot is taking the same road.

The laws will change when the money flow changes.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Gregory in my view was given more than enough time to get things in order, at what point is enough, enough? How many DE will this team have to search for to take his spot while he is once again going through rehab?

glimmerman

Reaction score
This is changing.

It will generate billions in tax dollars and they can all give themselves a raise. Lol.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

But he does cost us. The notion he cost us nothing is just not true. Dallas has to continue to look for players to come in a replace him. I seriously doubt the Cowboys would have drafted Taco if not for the fact Gregory was suspended and this team needed to find a DE

LittleD

Reaction score
This is changing.

Congress is trying to pass a bill but, unlikely to get it all the way to the Pres.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
We need more parents teaching their kids to become adults.

Gregory has a psychological issue, wherever it comes from.

After 4 years and multiple failures of various (apparently) kinds, it's apparent if he could be helped, it would have happened by now.

Besides, if he doesn't play this season, by next year he'll be 27 years old. And while he doesn't have much "wear and tear" on him due to the suspensions, he's rapidly approaching the age where his physical skills will begin to drop off. Realistically, how long could he be productive if he returned next year?

4 years is long enough, for goodness sake they only waited 3 years for Matt Johnson to be able to play before they released him. Gregory is more talented, or so it seems, but it's time to move on....

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Having spent more than a decade dealing with my son's substance abuse issues and the ups and downs of his rehab and recovery, I tend to fall into the category that there is always hope, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

RG has come a long ways since college days, but like many recovering addicts, he has relapsed - several times. I will continue to root for RG the man, while also thinking Cowboys need to park him on the shelf.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We said that about D Irving and it cost us 2m last year and a roster spot hoping he stopped being crazy

Crazy doesn't get better.... it is time to let it go and someone dependable..... don't care how good he might ever be

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
This is changing.

It is illegal because it gets you high.... that is its main and only function

The black market HAS not disappeared .... they just undercut the government.... they can flood the market and sell for a loss.... the growers here have so many rules, regulations and taxes they can't keep up...... the legal business is bankrupting people that were making bank as outlaws

Overdoses on edibles and car crashes are way up too..... great way to raise taxes

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Having spent more than a decade dealing with my son's substance abuse issues and the ups and downs of his rehab and recovery, I tend to fall into the category that there is always hope, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

RG has come a long ways since college days, but like many recovering addicts, he has relapsed - several times. I will continue to root for RG the man, while also thinking Cowboys need to park him on the shelf.
Precisely

It's not worth the issues it generates.

He has to grow up and do what he needs to do and go on and have a productive life for himself.

I wish him the best but I can not continue to want to help a guy who depends on others to fight his battles.

There comes a time where people have their own lives to manage.

The world is not an endless help line.

Randy has to man up and manage his issues himself.

Just my 2 cents.