Do not give up on Gregory

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Gregory is a bust its time to move on was a bad draft pick when he was drafted to me last year when he played he pretty much looked like just a guy

McKDaddy

Reaction score
hitting the jackpot on a $1 scratch off feels great but this organization is way too addicted to pursuing that "rush". Just draft good, healthy, reliable players in the first place. It works for the winning organizations.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Sigh... Gregory gave up on himself. He knows the rules, he damn well understands what was to come if he broke them again... ok, so push him into some program and keep helping him with daddy war bucks money, just NOT under contract or on this team... time to bury this dead dog cause he has long ago worn out the welcome.

Flamma

Reaction score
https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...8LLnClylK3Xvn0I8MyotXaIzXwdHFpMfsBnFlfGXO3Sjo

He has a chance to be reinstated if he follows the same regimen he was required to follow last year.

I'm not giving up on him.

Me either. I wish him well and hope he can make it back by September. Because to me it looks like the desire is there. But that's up to them to figure out. If he's struggling with mental illness it can take time to right the ship. I have no problem holding a spot for him. I like watching that dude play.

conner01

Reaction score
We said that about D Irving and it cost us 2m last year and a roster spot hoping he stopped being crazy

Crazy doesn't get better.... it is time to let it go and someone dependable..... don't care how good he might ever be
Gregory costs nothing if he stays suspended
Now I don’t know for sure what got him suspended. Was it a failed test or what but his reinstatement agreement covered lots of things besides just test

JayFord

Reaction score
You have to be reliable

He gets suspended more than he plays

I could see a 2 game suspension here and there but he’s getting suspended WHOLE Seasons

black label

Reaction score
https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...8LLnClylK3Xvn0I8MyotXaIzXwdHFpMfsBnFlfGXO3Sjo

He has a chance to be reinstated if he follows the same regimen he was required to follow last year.

I'm not giving up on him.
giphy.gif

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Too late.....he simply don't know how to stay the course...very high maintenance, there is a consistent pattern with this guy....I would rather see the energy spent with the players that want to improve their NFL career rather than one player that can't seem to pass up a doobie.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This goes way beyond football. Bi-polar disorder and substance use is no joke. I am glad the Cowboys are trying to help him but counting on him to play next year is very slim. I hope I am wrong but the odds are not good. It is ok for the Cowboys to help him but first Gregory needs to want the help.

Everything I hear is that he is a good dude unlike David Irving who is a turd.

Side Note: I think most people would be shocked to hear him in a interview. He is very well spoken without the thug/neanderthal type of demeanor that is common with many troubled athletes.

Sydla

Reaction score
I view Gregory and Irving differently. I would give up on Irving at this point.

Gregory? I would stick by him with a caveat. You cannot build your defensive plans around the idea that you MIGHT get him back in September. They have to build this roster through the draft and in FA as if Gregory is not going to be here in 2019. Then stick by him and work with him and if he is able to come back, it's a real boost to the team.

GenoT

Reaction score
Gregory costs nothing if he stays suspended

Following this logic, we should hope Dak gets suspended. That way, we can retain rights to him but without paying him @$25mil per season.

The only drawback I can see is, we’d still need a QB on game days.
:huh::thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pot addiction is strong and I know from personal experience. There is the possibility that RG simply smoked a very little bit thinking it would not stay in his system. I dont think he can truly quit and it would not be worth spending money on him. I know some of what he is going through.
I started smoking it in 5th grade, and smoked every day from about 9th grade, right up until I got my CDL. To make $33,000/year (at the time) I quit without hesitation.

When someone tells me weed is addictive, that tells me more about the person than the drug.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This is like that friend who is an addict that continues to steal from you, but you continue letting him into your home because there's a "chance he changes!".

Eventually, you have to wonder who is the dumb one - your friend or you?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is like that friend who is an addict that continues to steal from you, but you continue letting him into your home because there's a "chance he changes!".

Eventually, you have to wonder who is the dumb one - your friend or you?
I don't have any friends like that. I have a great nephew who's a heroin addict, and I'll never let him in my house.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If we can get him for 2019 and resign Lawrence we will be fine.

But for the 2020 draft, we should definitely draft a DE in round 1. Possibly even move up to get the guy we want.

We should draft a DE now.

Silly

Reaction score
hitting the jackpot on a $1 scratch off feels great but this organization is way too addicted to pursuing that "rush". Just draft good, healthy, reliable players in the first place. It works for the winning organizations.

Jerry wants to recognized as a genius. It doesn't matter if the team wins. Eventually he will hit on a player.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And didn't we draft Taco Charlton for a reason? Charlton may have looked disappointing (if you ever thought he was something), but at least he's clean and available. It's time he steps up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So for some they feel Dallas should stay with him, how about when he enters FA? I guess the Cowboys will have to treat the position of DE as if we will always be thin at the spot because they certainly can't rely on Gregory. Dallas will need to look to add to that position yet again. I just can't agree that it cost us nothing, it cost because we can't seem to get set at DE and will constantly have to fill the spot because this team will not know from 1 moment to the next when Gregory will slip up yet again.

kskboys

Reaction score
Weed is not substance abuse by any means. The only reason this is even a story is because the NFL's policy on weed. Gregory uses weed to cope like so many others. But if he was cramming prescription pills down his throat like big pharma wants, no one would bat an eye.
It really is.