Do not resign Dak

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Goff only threw for 186 yards, He wasn't that impressive. Goff proven to be shakey, when a defense can limit the run and put tons of pressure on him. Goff had a huge rush game to assist him last night. But, let some keep pretending that Dak is the only QB, who is assisted by a great rush game, while the elite QBs can easily win every game, with the rush game is limited.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It’s much easier to convince yourself, the media and fans that you have a franchise QB than it is to actually find one.

Jerry could literally sell snow to an Eskimo, and the local media seems to kiss his butt to make their job easier rather than call him out on decades of futility amidst a structure used by no other pro sports team.

I’m not a Prescott fan. The wide open misses are maddening, but he is someone you can probably win with IF you have a great defense and an offensive scheme to take advantage of his skill set. You guys know the rest.

If nothing else....WHY announce publicly that you’re giving the guy an extension rather than keep him hungry and earn it?

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Keep Dak and try for Trevor Lawrence in a few years. Maybe trade Dak and a first rounder to get him.

rags747

Reaction score
So who is replacing him, and will they help the tun defense?
You replace him with anyone who can throw the ball consistently. Notice how we never or rarely throw the ball into the end zone. Next year will only get worse for Dak unfortunately.

rags747

Reaction score
If I'm Dak, I make sure to get out of this trash heap. No way would I waste my career with the Garrett, Jerry Jones circus. Another typical 2nd round exit
There is not one other team in the league that would sign him as a starter, maybe Canada.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Everyone gets blame. Dak made some pretty hefty mistakes himself. That being said, coaching is the biggest culprit. I fully believe that Dak can improve and kick serious tail in the future. The coaches have proven that they have a ceiling and we just saw it.
I've been hard on Dak but have warmed up to the idea that he can get it done with good coaching and one of the best line/rb combos and a top 10 defense.

That said, he was not good last night. There were at least 3 or 4 opportunities for him to extend drives early in the game if he had just tucked and run. Instead he almost threw a pick 6, overthrew twice and threw behind another.

Yes he made some nice plays too, but those missed chances to extend drives and rest our defense that was struggling sucked away at momentum and added to the snowball.

nobody

Reaction score
I've been hard on Dak but have warmed up to the idea that he can get it done with good coaching and one of the best line/rb combos and a top 10 defense.

That said, he was not good last night. There were at least 3 or 4 opportunities for him to extend drives early in the game if he had just tucked and run. Instead he almost threw a pick 6, overthrew twice and threw behind another.

Yes he made some nice plays too, but those missed chances to extend drives and rest our defense that was struggling sucked away at momentum and added to the snowball.

That's what I was referring to when I said he made some hefty mistakes. He killed momentum really well early on. That being said, he finally found a rhythm, but this late to the game to play thing has got to stop. I know he can do it, he just needs to do it.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's what I was referring to when I said he made some hefty mistakes. He killed momentum really well early on. That being said, he finally found a rhythm, but this late to the game to play thing has got to stop. I know he can do it, he just needs to do it.
It is frustrating for sure. We start nearly every game going through our scripted plays and look good for a drive or two and then go into hibernation on offense for the next 35 minutes.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Once the opposing team is up in the score there defenses lay back and Dak gets to pump up his stats that's pretty much how it goes with Dak late in the game...aka Green Bay and Yesterdays game.....if Dak is making a spectacular plays its usually a Dak-Run after the refs have given him some PI penalty's or a DB or LB drops a easy Pick 6 to give Dak another shot at it....

BigD_95

Reaction score
And our great o line let zeke get 50 yards. Jesus. The o line was patch all season. What a ridiculous post

That’s because they played 8 and 9 in the box and said Dak will have to beat us. As you see by the score Dak couldn’t. Like Aikman said receivers were wide open all game and he either can’t see them or can’t make simple throws

pansophy

Reaction score
A lot of times, it's about TOP. If the other team is killing you with TOP, your defense is going to wear down. The offense didn't do it's job until it was too late and basically were scoring garbage time points.
Defense gave up too long drives to start the game. They were worn down when they walked onto the field.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Tough game. Defense didn't play well, but that was a given.. Thye played a very good offense and all things considered fought hard. held them to field goals...

End of the day, the game was there to be won. They dared dak to win with his arm. With a more efficient QB we win this game.

This guy has so much more than most QB's the team has all the things in place to make noise except for ... DAK.. One of the best olines, one of the best RB's one of the best defenses, good wo's this guy can't win.. he's a scrub. Resigning him and loosing out on other more important players that we should resign will be imprending mediocracy for this franchise for more years to come. He is the issue.

This is a very good take. This probably is your sport bub.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Goff only threw for 186 yards, He wasn't that impressive. Goff proven to be shakey, when a defense can limit the run and put tons of pressure on him. Goff had a huge rush game to assist him last night. But, let some keep pretending that Dak is the only QB, who is assisted by a great rush game, while the elite QBs can easily win every game, with the rush game is limited.

Goff only had 186 yards and no TDs despite only being pressured one ttime all game long. Not sacked, pressured once.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Tough game. Defense didn't play well, but that was a given.. Thye played a very good offense and all things considered fought hard. held them to field goals...

End of the day, the game was there to be won. They dared dak to win with his arm. With a more efficient QB we win this game.

This guy has so much more than most QB's the team has all the things in place to make noise except for ... DAK.. One of the best olines, one of the best RB's one of the best defenses, good wo's this guy can't win.. he's a scrub. Resigning him and loosing out on other more important players that we should resign will be imprending mediocracy for this franchise for more years to come. He is the issue.
Daks problem is simple and perplexing. He is a mobile QB but refuses to pull the ball down and run with it if it’s not designed. 3 times last night he had no where to throw the ball and a wide open lane to take off and he didn’t. Heck even Aikman who wasn’t a running QB said you got to pull that ball down and take off. If he would do that or if he did that last night then it’s a different game.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
The coaches took the games out of his hands in the drives where we failed in the 2nd half.

We were down by one score and the coaches ran
The ball into a 10 man front on 4th and 1.

The reason the coaches ran is because they do not trust Dak's arm. When the
announcers say if Dak would have thrown it better …. there were multiple passes
where Dak did not throw it accurately to his wide receiver.

With a more efficient QB we would have had a tight contest.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Goff only had 186 yards and no TDs despite only being pressured one ttime all game long. Not sacked, pressured once.

I stand by my view that if the Defense could have limited the run and hit/sacked/pressured Goff, how Goff would have folded under the pressure and throw INTs and not be able to sustain drives without a running game to help him out. I still say Dak can handle pressure better than Goff can, even if he missed some throws, Dak still pulled the game to within 8.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
when u can't stop the run blame the quarterback. Got it.

Dak outplayed Goff. The difference was the coaching.
The rams came out fired up and just manhandled us a the line of scrimmage like the colts did. They did exactly what Brockers said. We are going to put a lot of people in the box to stop the run. What do we do. No misdirection. Straight up run exactly where they was hoping we ran. smh

We should of stopped the run and made Goff beat us but when u allow them to run the ball and do what they want this game was over. Dak was not the problem today. All qb's miss throws.