1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Do the Cowboys bring back WR Tavon Austin?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Floatyworm, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

12,593 Messages
    10,663 Likes Received
    I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more movement here....Bring him back? or move on?...I'm in the camp of bring him back....Incentive deal.

Comments....:rolleyes:

Wapp5200 and quickccc like this.
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

80,041 Messages
    54,661 Likes Received
    I thought the Cowboys would bring him back. There doesn't seem to be any interest in that. At least not yet. Any deal should be a reasonable one. Once Cobb signed with the Texans I expected some action.

3. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Well-Known Member

1,774 Messages
    1,363 Likes Received
    Would prefer someone younger and/or more reliable....draft or another veteran. He just hasnt made the most of his opportunity...granted it was with Garrett...but the guy is always dinged up or rarely shows up.

jnday, WTtoolman, StarGazer1 and 6 others like this.
  4. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

12,593 Messages
    10,663 Likes Received
    I still think he could be a weapon.....Garrett coddled his players from injury. Hopefully that changes under McCarthy. Either produce....or get out. This attitude of "well we don't want to get players injured...so let's don't use them"....has got to stop.

Cowboy Lover likes this.
  5. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

4,313 Messages
    5,119 Likes Received
    They done the same thing with DeMarco Murray his first couple of years.
    :facepalm:

6. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member

6,062 Messages
    3,374 Likes Received
    He's done and was done before we got him. If the Rams, with their creative offense, couldn't find ways to use him then we darn sure wasn't going to.

7. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Well-Known Member

1,618 Messages
    529 Likes Received
    Tavon has never been used correctly IMHO. I hope he comes back and is used correctly by this new regime. And hope he stays healthy. Can't make the club in the tub!

TheSkaven, Big D, 817Gill and 2 others like this.
  8. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

11,172 Messages
    16,468 Likes Received
    Cowboys probably waiting to see who they are able to pick during the draft...first. If no speedy WR is found, I can see the Cowboys reaching out to Tavon Austin.

9. RandyOh

RandyOh Well-Known Member

2,374 Messages
    1,790 Likes Received
    If we miss out on Henry Ruggs and KJ Hamler early then i can see some interest in wanting to bring back Austin because of his speed in an incentive laden deal so he will have to produce to get his full paycheck. Especially if we end up drafting a possession type receiver in the draft to fill the slot.

Tangle_Foot and Jarv like this.
  10. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Drunk on Dalton Juice Zone Supporter

20,005 Messages
    20,725 Likes Received
    Id like someome little less useless

11. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

14,039 Messages
    20,577 Likes Received
    I was a bigger believer in Austin most. That said he was generally bad at the one aspect he was being counter on as a punt returner.

12. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

5,017 Messages
    5,906 Likes Received
    I think we would want him back if for nothing else as a punt returner. But you have to ask yourself.....does Tavon actually fit the WC offense? He is definitely not the prototype size.

13. Pantone282C

Pantone282C Zone Supporter

4,930 Messages
    6,864 Likes Received
    Apparently not.

14. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

7,300 Messages
    7,810 Likes Received
    Maybe the new staff will let him return a punt with the game on the line and no time/timeouts.

Captain43Crash, Bobhaze and stasheroo like this.
  15. Pompey-Cowboy

Pompey-Cowboy Well-Known Member

900 Messages
    1,477 Likes Received
    I'm guessing that if they wanted him back, it would have happened already.

CowboyJ70 and Bobhaze like this.
  16. Dak_Attack_09

Dak_Attack_09 Well-Known Member

1,691 Messages
    1,437 Likes Received
    No, Dallas need to draft a cheaper, faster and younger player.

jnday and Hadenough like this.
  17. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

5,186 Messages
    5,635 Likes Received
    Im glad the Tavon Austin experiment is over. The guys is fast but thats it. After watching Cobb replace Austin and come in last season and have good year as the 3rd WR they realize an upgrade is needed at the 3rd WR spot.

18. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

13,393 Messages
    11,455 Likes Received
    Pollard is our new RB/WR gimmick guy. We don't need another, we need a 3rd down possession veteran who can back up the starters. That's not Austin.

I liked him and thought we didn't use him enough. He produced when they gave him the ball. But I don't see keeping a 2nd gimmick player on offense, especially when the 2nd is the veteran. Last year he's the bridge for Pollard. This year we cross that bridge.

19. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

9,354 Messages
    6,563 Likes Received
    Would rather draft someone.

20. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,102 Messages
    70,466 Likes Received
    I agree. There sure doesn't seem to be any hurry. And if Bones Fassel really like him that much, I'd think they would have made it more of a priority to keep him.

Echo9, Pantone282C and Techsass like this.