Do we all agree that this is a really good roster

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I think the league is built on cheap 3rd-6th round picks. It’s an 18 game season now you absolutely can’t be top heavy.

so for our qb/rb to make so much more eh and also be average players that is gonna hurt the depth. You’ll start finding yourself cursing at luke Gifford type dudes Bc they ain’t good enough

Brax

Reaction score
There’s a lot of pressure to be a Dallas Cowboy and I think that pressure significantly increases when they get in the playoffs, and they tend to start big games way more nervous or I think tense might be the better word.

I don’t think that’s on the coach(es) but you can have your own opinion on that. I’ve played in big games and if you have too, you probably know the feeling. The bigger the stage - the more you don’t want to make a mistake/fail/lose and it really magnifies if the other team gets a lead & that lead starts to build.

Nevertheless, the season is over and it is what it is. Here are my thoughts regarding the roster. You can critique it all you want, but Dak is a top 10 QB PERIOD. I’m not debating that with anyone because if you don’t think he’s a top 10 QB you’re just flat out wrong.

QB - Top 10

HB core - Top 10 (Pollard needs to take over primary duties - Zeke can block on 3rd down)

WR core - Top 5 (hope to retain Gallup or Wilson but we might draft a cheaper option)

TE core - Top 10 (Schultz is a good TE and we can cut Jarwin to retain Schultz)

Oline - Top 5 (key pieces are getting up there in age)

Dline - Top 10 (this unit got significantly better from last year)

LB Core - Top 10* (best all around LB in the league)

DB Core - Top 15 (must keep Jayron & either draft a really good CB or hope Bossman develops into a really good #2 or maybe even a #1 - he certainly has the speed for it)

P- Top 5 (hope he stays)

K- Replace immediately

Special teams - Top 5/10 (4 or 5 blocked punts is insane)
So, after watching this season and the playoff debacle you have all these top 10. There isn't anything or anyone top 10 except the punter a OL guard a LB and the LT. Was this post meant as sarcasm or is that you Jerry selling crap as ice cream again?

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Yes, and entitled and spoiled. That is the problem. They would rather be "Hot Boyz" than "Bad Arse". They need the fear of going home and jobless piped in their bunks 24/7.

You still have to earn a title. Just ask Charles Hailey and Larry Allen.
This makes the best sense I've seen in awhile.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Nevertheless, the season is over and it is what it is. Here are my thoughts regarding the roster.

Verdict's thoughts earlier in this thread mostly echo my thoughts. Basically, I believe the OP overrates many groups on this team, just like most of the pundits. The Cowboys are good, but far from great, when it comes to the roster. Better coaching will take them to the next level. Current HC, current OC...losing faith.

Rayman70

Reaction score
its good, not great. Not a SB roster. Improving? YES. We must fix oline, interior dline by getting bigger,thus more physically dominant. Need a RB.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
"When you get this combination of players together, you need to have success because we all know how it goes in the NFL," (Jerry) Jones said. "The whole thing is set up to take away from the best and add to the ones that need improvement. And personnel-wise, I think we have one of the best."

Ignoring reality because it didn't match your preconceptions won't change reality. If you can't identify your weaknesses then how can you possibly address them?

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm.....

I'll give it a shot:

Brady
Mahomes
Rodgers
Wilson
Josh Allen

Stafford
Carr
Burrow
Herbert
Tannehill

Here is where it gets dicy.

Cousins
Kyler
Lamar
Ryan

I think the last 4 are tied w/ Dak.
Murray and Lamar are both far better than Dak.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Historic talent all over the roster.

Sometimes you're just too tense. That's the only reason I can think of for why Neville Gallimore, Osa Odiggybooyah, Trysten Hill and Carlos Watkins can't stop the run.

Or why top pass rushers like DeMarcus Lawrence, Randy Gregory, Tarell Basham and Dorance Armstrong can't get to the QB.

Everybody just needs to calm down and let their immense talent take over.

kskboys

Reaction score
Murray and Lamar are both far better than Dak.
Not really. They have the same first round playoff bombouts, and are really hard to compare anyway due to being such different type QBs. Definitely not clear.

Verdict

Reaction score
Historic talent all over the roster.

Sometimes you're just too tense. That's the only reason I can think of for why Neville Gallimore, Osa Odiggybooyah, Trysten Hill and Carlos Watkins can't stop the run.

Or why top pass rushers like DeMarcus Lawrence, Randy Gregory, Tarell Basham and Dorance Armstrong can't get to the QB.

Everybody just needs to calm down and let their immense talent take over.
We should probably give them a few more years under bloated contracts to give this time to sort out. We don’t want to rush to judgment. Hill may need a full five more years before we decide he can’t play and move on from him.

Hill has “earned the right” to take his time and develop and season properly.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There’s a lot of pressure to be a Dallas Cowboy and I think that pressure significantly increases when they get in the playoffs, and they tend to start big games way more nervous or I think tense might be the better word.

I don’t think that’s on the coach(es) but you can have your own opinion on that. I’ve played in big games and if you have too, you probably know the feeling. The bigger the stage - the more you don’t want to make a mistake/fail/lose and it really magnifies if the other team gets a lead & that lead starts to build.

Nevertheless, the season is over and it is what it is. Here are my thoughts regarding the roster. You can critique it all you want, but Dak is a top 10 QB PERIOD. I’m not debating that with anyone because if you don’t think he’s a top 10 QB you’re just flat out wrong.

QB - Top 10

HB core - Top 10 (Pollard needs to take over primary duties - Zeke can block on 3rd down)

WR core - Top 5 (hope to retain Gallup or Wilson but we might draft a cheaper option)

DB Core - Top 15 (must keep Jayron & either draft a really good CB or hope Bossman develops into a really good #2 or maybe even a #1 - he certainly has the speed for it)

P- Top 5 (hope he stays)

K- Replace immediately

its a good roster with some Holes.

QB - Right now I don't have Dak top 10, based on last half of the season

HB - top 10...maybe....if we use pollard more, then yes, but zeke is done

WR - probably top 5

TE - probably top 7

OL - they are middle of the pack. 15ish or lower based on their play this year and specially the second half of the season. you have to grade the whole OL together, as its the only unit that if one part fails it all fails. Martin is good. top 5. Smith is no longer top 5 becausze he is not available a lot. Biadasz and WIlliams are back up material at best. Collins is average at this point.....

DL - not top 10. over rated players at this point,

LB - Parsons is tops, the rest are meh....so its very lob sided. do I put them in top 5 because of parsons and two big holes? not sure

DB - top 15 is about right. they get Ints but give up a lot of yards

P - top 2

K - is he still here?

FVSTONE

Reaction score

QB - Top 10

P- Top 5 (hope he stays)

K- Replace immediately

It's funny you would post something like this since ALL THE FOOTBALL EXPERTS seem to think this is a dam talented team. Unfortunately, when you're stuck with the TEN TOE SLOTH as your QB and that my friend is where all the problems start. The Sloth is too slow reading defenses and finding open receivers & TEs. Defenses all but gave up on the Sloth passing the ball so they've decided to load the box with ELEVEN PLAYERS and eliminate the run game. Therefore, the only this you have is a slow *** Sloth that straps on his APPLE SERIES 7 wristwatch and counts the number of seconds it take for a D-Line to sack his sorry ***.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It's funny you would post something like this since ALL THE FOOTBALL EXPERTS seem to think this is a dam talented team. Unfortunately, when you're stuck with the TEN TOE SLOTH as your QB and that my friend is where all the problems start. The Sloth is too slow reading defenses and finding open receivers & TEs. Defenses all but gave up on the Sloth passing the ball so they've decided to load the box with ELEVEN PLAYERS and eliminate the run game. Therefore, the only this you have is a slow *** Sloth that straps on his APPLE SERIES 7 wristwatch and counts the number of seconds it take for a D-Line to sack his sorry ***.
Right.....so WHY are the GM and coaching staff trying to feature him??

Because the owner/GM screwed up negotiations and now has to justify the contract?

Because he continually overrates his own players and think they can be something the aren't just because they are being paid to be?

Because the owner surrounds himself with yes men and people telling him what he wants to hear instead of the hard truth?

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Not really. They have the same first round playoff bombouts, and are really hard to compare anyway due to being such different type QBs. Definitely not clear.
Lamar is a league MVP.
Murray just faced us 3 weeks and killed us, seemingly converted on every 3rd down and crucial play. He was clearly the best QB on that field.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For this year yes but mostly because the defense way out played expectations. What happened this year wont happen again.

visionary

Reaction score
The way Dak has played against good defences this season and in the playoff loss you would need to be a true homer to consider him top10

right now he’s an above average QB who shrinks in the limelight

stinkface

Reaction score
It was a good roster. Going to lose a pile of free agents. We will probably have less talent next year. Thank God we have Fat Mike to coach them up

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
QB - bottom 20
RB - bottom 20
OLine- bottom 20
TE - 10-15
DL- bottom 20
LB- bottom 25 except Parsons
S- 10-15
CB- 15-20
P- top 5
K-15-20
Coach- bottom 20
Owner - 32

Any questions?

cowboyec

Reaction score
i do.
only 4 starters over the age of 30.
best football is still in front of this team.