Do we all agree that this is a really good roster

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There’s a lot of pressure to be a Dallas Cowboy and I think that pressure significantly increases when they get in the playoffs, and they tend to start big games way more nervous or I think tense might be the better word.

I don’t think that’s on the coach(es) but you can have your own opinion on that. I’ve played in big games and if you have too, you probably know the feeling. The bigger the stage - the more you don’t want to make a mistake/fail/lose and it really magnifies if the other team gets a lead & that lead starts to build.

Nevertheless, the season is over and it is what it is. Here are my thoughts regarding the roster. You can critique it all you want, but Dak is a top 10 QB PERIOD. I’m not debating that with anyone because if you don’t think he’s a top 10 QB you’re just flat out wrong.

QB - Top 10

HB core - Top 10 (Pollard needs to take over primary duties - Zeke can block on 3rd down)

WR core - Top 5 (hope to retain Gallup or Wilson but we might draft a cheaper option)

TE core - Top 10 (Schultz is a good TE and we can cut Jarwin to retain Schultz)

Oline - Top 5 (key pieces are getting up there in age)

Dline - Top 10 (this unit got significantly better from last year)

LB Core - Top 10* (best all around LB in the league)

DB Core - Top 15 (must keep Jayron & either draft a really good CB or hope Bossman develops into a really good #2 or maybe even a #1 - he certainly has the speed for it)

P- Top 5 (hope he stays)

K- Replace immediately

Special teams - Top 5/10 (4 or 5 blocked punts is insane)

Good, but not good enough. We have some big problems in both personnel and salary cap.

lqmac1

Reaction score
I can name 14 that can actually target their WRs
Well, he was 7th in yards, 4th in touchdowns and bottom 5 in interceptions. I’m not quite sure you can mathematically squeeze out 14 players and it be factual rather than an opinion.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
DB Core - Top 15 (must keep Jayron & either draft a really good CB or hope Bossman develops into a really good #2 or maybe even a #1 - he certainly has the speed for it)

I'm really encouraged about Joseph. If nothing else, he should keep us from spending a top pick on CB again.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm.....

I'll give it a shot:

Brady
Mahomes
Rodgers
Wilson
Josh Allen

Stafford
Carr
Burrow
Herbert
Tannehill

Here is where it gets dicy.

Cousins
Kyler
Lamar
Ryan

I think the last 4 are tied w/ Dak.
What’s factual proof backing this list? If it’s the “Eye test“ then it’s merely an opinion without much merit.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yes this is a great roster

they just need to show up when the lights get bright

Great rosters show up when the lights get bright. That's what makes them a great roster.

Piling up a bunch of stats, inflated thanks to playing in a crap division, isn't necessarily a sign of a great roster.

We saw how "great" they were last Sunday.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys look good on paper but the simple fact is, there are too many well payed players that are grossly underperforming.

Really, the only Cowboy matching the expectations of their 2nd contract is Zach Martin.

Lawrence, Elliott, Prescott, Collins and Tyron Smith have big contracts but small contributions to success. Yes, some of it is injury. However, mostly, it's a lack of intensity, focus, and effort.

In the end, the real problem is that the Cowboys front office may know how to identify talent but they don't know how to prioritize it, maximize it, and evaluate it's importance to the team and it's future. there is just too much wasted cap money and it's going to take years for these contracts to stop impacting the Cowboys.
Lawrence, Elliot, smith and Prescott do not lack intensity m, focus or effort. They are all hard workers.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QB - bottom 20
RB - bottom 20
OLine- bottom 20
TE - 10-15
DL- bottom 20
LB- bottom 25 except Parsons
S- 10-15
CB- 15-20
P- top 5
K-15-20
Coach- bottom 20
Owner - 32

Any questions?

lol. Let’s believe Clove not the experts. That’s a 5-12 record if true.

jnday

Reaction score
There’s a lot of pressure to be a Dallas Cowboy and I think that pressure significantly increases when they get in the playoffs, and they tend to start big games way more nervous or I think tense might be the better word.

I don’t think that’s on the coach(es) but you can have your own opinion on that. I’ve played in big games and if you have too, you probably know the feeling. The bigger the stage - the more you don’t want to make a mistake/fail/lose and it really magnifies if the other team gets a lead & that lead starts to build.

Nevertheless, the season is over and it is what it is. Here are my thoughts regarding the roster. You can critique it all you want, but Dak is a top 10 QB PERIOD. I’m not debating that with anyone because if you don’t think he’s a top 10 QB you’re just flat out wrong.

QB - Top 10

HB core - Top 10 (Pollard needs to take over primary duties - Zeke can block on 3rd down)

WR core - Top 5 (hope to retain Gallup or Wilson but we might draft a cheaper option)

P- Top 5 (hope he stays)

K- Replace immediately

Typical Dallas fan overrating talent. They would still be playing if they was as good as you say.

DanA

Reaction score

QB - Top 10

P- Top 5 (hope he stays)

K- Replace immediately

My thoughts:
  • QB - Top 10 (8th)
  • RB - Not top 10 (17th)
  • TE - Not top 10 (26th)
  • WR - Top 10 (7th)
  • OT - Top 5 (2nd) *with injury issues
  • IOL - Not top 10 (20th)
  • DE - Top 5 (3rd)
  • DT - Not top 10 (21st)
  • LB - Top 10 (8th) *Micah is awesome but only plays 50% LB
  • S - Not top 10 (30th) * Wilson and Mukuamu are the only players under contract
  • CB - Top 10 (6th) *Potential to be no.1 if Joseph comes on
  • ST - Not top 10 (22nd) *Kicker sucks, punter is out of contract

Last edited:

plasticman

Reaction score
Lawrence, Elliot, smith and Prescott do not lack intensity m, focus or effort. They are all hard workers.
.....who have all rapidly declined in productivity, particularly in proportion to their contracts.

The degree of intensity, focus and effort are measured by results. All Pro athletes are hard workers, they wouldn't be at that level if they weren't. However, the good ones find a way to elevate their level when everything is on the line.

Great players play great in the big games and what we saw Sunday from the Cowboys was the exact opposite right out the gates..

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
.....who have all rapidly declined in productivity, particularly in proportion to their contracts.

The degree of intensity, focus and effort are measured by results. All Pro athletes are hard workers, they wouldn't be at that level if they weren't. However, the good ones find a way to elevate their level when everything is on the line.

Great players play great in the big games and what we saw Sunday from the Cowboys was the exact opposite right out the gates..

dude come on. I could play with focus, intensity
And effort but I would still suck.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm.....

I'll give it a shot:

Brady
Mahomes
Rodgers
Wilson
Josh Allen

Stafford
Carr
Burrow
Herbert
Tannehill

Here is where it gets dicy.

Cousins
Kyler
Lamar
Ryan

I think the last 4 are tied w/ Dak.

Even though he’s not playing, I’d add Watson to group 2
Well, he was 7th in yards, 4th in touchdowns and bottom 5 in interceptions. I’m not quite sure you can mathematically squeeze out 14 players and it be factual rather than an opinion.

Those stats don’t make anything factual either. It’s all opinion

kskboys

Reaction score
What’s factual proof backing this list? If it’s the “Eye test“ then it’s merely an opinion without much merit.
Stats are also far from factual when attempting to use them as a standalone rating tool.

My factual proof is reading tons of material about rating players done by the experts.

You should really come at me better than using some weak little kiddie insult about merit.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

QB - Top 10

P- Top 5 (hope he stays)

K- Replace immediately

Do we all agree that there in a Santa Claus???????

lukin2006

Reaction score
You are over rating this collection of jags. They beat up on bad teams and look awful against average and good teams…

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are over rating this collection of jags. They beat up on bad teams and look awful against average and good teams…
So the coaching was excellent ? Led a jag roster to 12 wins and a division title. Got ya down