Do we all agree that this is a really good roster

lqmac1

Reaction score
Even though he’s not playing, I’d add Watson to group 2

Those stats don’t make anything factual either. It’s all opinion
Stats are opinions?

Do you even realize how far down you have gotten in this hating Dak thing? It’s become an obsession for a lot of you and taking over your life. Y’all can’t even think straight anymore hahah

So Micah getting 13 sacks wasn't a fact, but an opinion? Lol what is going on?!?!?!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Stats are opinions?

Do you even realize how far down you have gotten in this hating Dak thing? It’s become an obsession for a lot of you and taking over your life. Y’all can’t even think straight anymore hahah

So Micah getting 13 sacks wasn't a fact, but an opinion? Lol what is going on?!?!?!

I don’t hate Dak at all. I like Dak. You have me confused with someone else. But using non-contextual stats to determine the value of a QB vs another one IS opinion.

Joe Montana had 1 career 30 TD season. Only 1. That’s a stat. Doesn’t say how good or bad he was, but someone can derive an opinion from that stat.

You stated 3 cherry picked stats of Dak’s. That doesn’t prove or disprove where he should be placed upon the QB hierarchy, it was only stated to enforce your opinion on him.

Last edited:

bewp7

Reaction score
it is good tbh maybe a little over rated but still a good roster

the problem is it not even close to good enough to make up for and carry the qb

even more now that he making $40,000,000 a year and taking up about 20% of the cap by him self

it is a disaster in a salary cap league with a positon so valuable and important to success (i remember a stat guy or site say qb is literly 4-5x more impact and value over any other positon)

they have to have a parsons like home run in every draft to over come that

Satchel89

Reaction score
No...It's an obviously overrated team....O-Line definitely needs some work...Zeke looks shot...Prescott is not elite even though he gets paid like one...Good players but none of them show up when it counts...Never changes

Cmac

Reaction score
When you look at this team.......it's like a car with the Check Engine light on. At some point, in the most inopportune time and if you don't pull over to fix or drive to the local mechanic......it ain't turning on.

Lots of glitz and glamour........and while be bash the player's payroll, we working with Dollar General coaching. Undisciplined with no accountability yields game day mistakes and poor execution........yet we got other teams clamoring for Our coaches. Good luck with that.

Adreme

Reaction score
There’s a lot of pressure to be a Dallas Cowboy and I think that pressure significantly increases when they get in the playoffs, and they tend to start big games way more nervous or I think tense might be the better word.

I don’t think that’s on the coach(es) but you can have your own opinion on that. I’ve played in big games and if you have too, you probably know the feeling. The bigger the stage - the more you don’t want to make a mistake/fail/lose and it really magnifies if the other team gets a lead & that lead starts to build.

Nevertheless, the season is over and it is what it is. Here are my thoughts regarding the roster. You can critique it all you want, but Dak is a top 10 QB PERIOD. I’m not debating that with anyone because if you don’t think he’s a top 10 QB you’re just flat out wrong.

QB - Top 10

HB core - Top 10 (Pollard needs to take over primary duties - Zeke can block on 3rd down)

WR core - Top 5 (hope to retain Gallup or Wilson but we might draft a cheaper option)

TE core - Top 10 (Schultz is a good TE and we can cut Jarwin to retain Schultz)

Oline - Top 5 (key pieces are getting up there in age)

Dline - Top 10 (this unit got significantly better from last year)

LB Core - Top 10* (best all around LB in the league)

DB Core - Top 15 (must keep Jayron & either draft a really good CB or hope Bossman develops into a really good #2 or maybe even a #1 - he certainly has the speed for it)

P- Top 5 (hope he stays)

K- Replace immediately

Special teams - Top 5/10 (4 or 5 blocked punts is insane)

Pollard is not a top 10 back in the NFL. Schultz is going to cost far more than Jarwin (think most estimates have Schultz getting around 12.5 million per year) and regardless I would not have the group top 10.

Oline has 2 good players and 3 scrubs.

DLine is basically going to be DLaw and that is about it after FA.

I like Micah but he is not the best LB in football. The one who just won defensive player of the year would argue as would several others. He might BECOME that but he is not that right now and again still not top 10 but probably in the 11-15 range.

DB core is a mess. You have Diggs who gets beat like a drum but makes the occasional big play and other than that no one who can make plays (Brown is good at committing penalties though).

The Cowboys had an average to above average roster this year that will almost certainly be taking a step back by losing depth and starters in free agency and trying to replace them with vet min players and mid to late round draft picks.

Miguelitomama

Reaction score
There’s a lot of pressure to be a Dallas Cowboy and I think that pressure significantly increases when they get in the playoffs, and they tend to start big games way more nervous or I think tense might be the better word.

I don’t think that’s on the coach(es) but you can have your own opinion on that. I’ve played in big games and if you have too, you probably know the feeling. The bigger the stage - the more you don’t want to make a mistake/fail/lose and it really magnifies if the other team gets a lead & that lead starts to build.

Nevertheless, the season is over and it is what it is. Here are my thoughts regarding the roster. You can critique it all you want, but Dak is a top 10 QB PERIOD. I’m not debating that with anyone because if you don’t think he’s a top 10 QB you’re just flat out wrong.

QB - Top 10

HB core - Top 10 (Pollard needs to take over primary duties - Zeke can block on 3rd down)

WR core - Top 5 (hope to retain Gallup or Wilson but we might draft a cheaper option)

The offensive line is undisciplined and is getting too old. I hope that's the major target in the draft. Gallup won't be back next year; an ACL is a long recovery and, unfortunately, I don't know how well he will play in the future because of it.

DB Core - Top 15 (must keep Jayron & either draft a really good CB or hope Bossman develops into a really good #2 or maybe even a #1 - he certainly has the speed for it)

P- Top 5 (hope he stays)

K- Replace immediately

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

QB - Top 10

P- Top 5 (hope he stays)

K- Replace immediately

Path to the Super Bowl: Sign the best Free Agent Center, move La'el to LG and draft a TE that can block and catch.
- And keep Gregory/Kearse.

I agree that the roster is very good overall.

I don't agree with several of your position group rankings.

The OL is not top 5.

The TE group is not very good.
- Neither Schultz or Jarwin can block.
- Schultz got open due to coverage being focused on the WRs.
- Also, Kellen Moore is good a scheming TEs open. WR scheming not so much, but TEs are his niche.

I think that you are underrating the secondary.
- They were good and project to be better in 2022.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

QB - Top 10

P- Top 5 (hope he stays)

K- Replace immediately

QB - Top 10:muttley:...only against the NFC east.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

QB - Top 10

P- Top 5 (hope he stays)

K- Replace immediately

If we were so good...we would still be playing. Our biggest deficits are Oline... and QB.

cowboybish

Reaction score
="ultron, post: 11678921, member: 39885"]There’s a lot of pressure to be a Dallas Cowboy and I think that pressure significantly increases when they get in the playoffs, and they tend to start big games way more nervous or I think tense might be the better word.

QB - Top 10

I would have said top 5 the first half of the season. The second half of the season says he’s not even top 10. If you judge him vs over .500 teams he has not played well at all and the sample size is getting larger and harder and harder to overlook.

No. Not even close. Pollard is a nice change of pace back. In his prime, Zeke was all world. But right now I would place our running game at middle of the pack at best and probably lower.

I don’t think so. First half of the season you have a pretty good argument for that. Hard to tell if you are right of not since Dak can’t read the field. I’ll say “incomplete” or “unknown” at this time.

Patently false. Schultz has a knack for the possession game but again these guys are middle of the pack at best.

False. The wheels are starting to come off of this once dominant OL. Martin is the only one that seems to have much currently and he looked mortal this year too. It is possible that coaching was a factor in the decline. But right now I would put this line at middle of the pack at best.

No. Just no. I don’t know where you are coming up with this at all. They CAN occasionally rush the QB against bad teams but wilt against the better OL.

Tank is an albatross. He needs to GO. I hope he has played his last game as. Cowboys. Gregory has skill but he is an idiot.

The interior guys can play SOME. They are good Rosario all pieces with upside. I’ll give you that much.

No. We have Parsons. That’s it. The rest are cheap placeholders.

IDK. I think these guys are maybe smoke and mirrors. I would trade Diggs while his stock is high. Hearse might be the best of the bunch. Should have drafted Humphrey over the rapper.

P- Top 5 (hope he stays)

I agree on this one.

K- Replace immediately

I agree on this one too.

Special teams - Top 5/10 (4 or 5 blocked punts is insane)They make me nervous, but I am
Willing to give you this one too. Might have something developing here.
AGREE with everything Verdict said

DandyDon52

Reaction score
with better coaches, this roster could be a contender.
But with our GM and HC and OC and some weak positions, it isnt much to talk about.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
It might be a good roster, but not a good team.
You need talent on you roster to be a good team, but having talent doesn't make you a good team.
The Cowboys have proved this more than once over the last 27 years.