Do you consider replacing Dak, if he looks average next season?

blueblood70

Reaction score
This poster I quoted is fuming smh. Don't let the fuming make you get conveniently stupid because a lot of people will ignore the convenience part and just assume you're stupid period my man. Please don't do it good sir.
im bored I thought id let him have some of his own medicine..

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
It will depend on how he responds next season to changes the team damn well better make this offseason... OC, QB coach, offensive philosophy in the red zone (dead zone this season).

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
If he looks average next season, do we replace him?

I say we look to dump him now. But I know many of you believe he's the next great thing. So do we stick with him or dump him after an average season next year?

I doesn't make sense to dump him now, unless we sign someone like foles. You play the best quaterback you have. But if he is horrible then there is the 2020 draft.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wow, that's some impressive GM qualifications, eh flitboy?
yes it is , sitting there on your internet thinking you know more is equally impressive.. Jerry may not be the traditional GM wed all like and make the decsions wed like, he is responsible as an owner for making the moves that won all those 90s games and SBs more so in 4 yrs then the DC old regime did in the prior 30? yes him Jimmy doesnt get hired without him, none of those moves get made..Jerry the owner has been great since 1989.. Jerry the Gm has made some bad and questionable decsions but this team is still relevant every year and the team itself is showing signs of breaking through..noones perfect and you for sure cant even get on a staff to clean jock straps yet question his every move..he has staff and he does listen, Will Mclay and the scouts other coaches who've been around football longer then we have been alive, yes they all are a voice..

we all know this isn't perfect and want more but acting as if hes never made good decsions ever and this team somehow is Cleveland in your mind, is ridiculous..

droopdog7

Reaction score
The bigger question, I think, is whether the team can let Dak play out his contract. In other words, the team may feel compelled to make a decision before the season plays out.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I’d say no as of right now. If anything, first I’d find a better HC and OC. I like Garrett as a person, but not a HC.

I see QB’s as babies in the NFL. They’re new to the (“NFL”) world and need guidance from their parents, aka COACHES. Let’s look at Jared Goff. He was supposed to be a marvelous QB, and look at how bad he played under Fisher. Then, when his new “parent”came in, AKA McVay, Goff played lights out. Look at the Browns, who we all know played terribly as usual at the beginning of the year, however, once Hue Jackson was fired and their new coach (dont know his name) was brought in, the team turned upside down and Mayfield also played lights out. I feel like Dak needs new parents for him to fully develop into what we want him to. In his rookie season, he has “Uncle Romo” on the sides helping guide him through everything. Sure the team was a bit more balanced back in 2016, but we went 13-3. After Romo left, that dropped off.

Also, Dak was a 4th rounder. I know a lot of people say “Lots of great QB’s can and have came late in the draft” but he was drafted in the 4th round for a reason. He wasn’t even really meant to be a starter and he was actually supposed to be a 3rd string or backup to Romo. I think we’re expecting a little bit too much out of a QB that isn’t wasn’t even really supposed to be the “Franchise QB of Dallas”.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is simply too good to trade. He’s got hall of fame talent held back by his coaching staff.

He’s a career 35TD INT 5-8 Rushing TD type of guy.

Only mahomes or Dwayne Haskins The best college passer of all time are worth trading for.

You really see Hall of fame talent? XD I might of thought that back in 2016, but this year, what exactly are you seeing that is highlights worthy.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have been a big critic of Daks.

What's really annoying me is that by keeping the same system on offense we are not even trying to help him become a better QB.

Yeah, that bothers me most about the coaching approach on offense.

It just doesn't seem like they are maximizing what he does best.

On top of that, it's a way over the top conservative offense.

This offense seems to start out fine.

Then goes to sleep in quarters 2 & 3.

And then burns down the house in the 4th.