Do you consider replacing Dak, if he looks average next season?

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
If he looks average next season, do we replace him?

I say we look to dump him now. But I know many of you believe he's the next great thing. So do we stick with him or dump him after an average season next year?
I think the best thing about this is that no one who suggests that they should dumb Dak can actually make the decision because couch coaches need not be as smart as they think themselves to be.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Are you high even asking hold? Who really going to wait 5-7 years to see if a qb fully developed? It's like y'all don't even watch the sport and just post on here. That's a question my mom might ask.
McNabb said that most QBs normally take about 4 to 5 years to really come into their own in the NFL. After that we are talking trade or release territory if they still do not perform. Considering his success thus far and the fact that he is still on a rokkie contract, it would be silly to release him now. No team would. Which makes this entire thread just nonsense from couch gms and haters.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I say we look to dump him now. But I know many of you believe he's the next great thing. So do we stick with him or dump him after an average season next year?
lol. Does not matter whether Prescott has ten or tens of millions of people believing he is the next great thing because the one person that matters, Jerry Jones, has thought he has been the next great thing since one or two months into the 2016 season.

'Dump him'. Jones will not 'dump him'. Too funny.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
lol. Does not matter whether Prescott has ten or tens of millions of people believing he is the next great thing because the one person that matters, Jerry Jones, has thought he has been the next great thing since one or two months into the 2016 season.

'Dump him'. Jones will not 'dump him'. Too funny.
And Jerry wouldn’t be wrong.

Only 3-4 QBs have more potential and upside than Dak.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Can we replace you Dak haters, especially since Dak is going no where for years to come?

Wood

Reaction score

Yes. If Dak looks average next year and entire team sub-performs (8-8) then I think you clean the slate and move on from Dak, Garrett & Coordinators.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's the old Romoholics to the rescue. Waaaah!

I can't wait for Jerry to give Dak that hefty and big contract extension this offseason, so I can literally laugh out loud at your responses and more whining for years to come. :laugh::popcorn:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Jesus some of you hate this man

I honestly don’t get it. He isn’t the reason our season ended last week
Too emotional. Y'all need to tone it down because your if you don't like this avg guy as a qb you hate him rhetoric is straight fan boy groupie stuff. How do you hate someone because they are avg? He some of the reason we lost and if he's not why the heck do some of y'all give him credit when we win when he doesn't always do the most to contribute to the win?

Last edited:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
McNabb said that most QBs normally take about 4 to 5 years to really come into their own in the NFL. After that we are talking trade or release territory if they still do not perform. Considering his success thus far and the fact that he is still on a rokkie contract, it would be silly to release him now. No team would. Which makes this entire thread just nonsense from couch gms and haters.
So we got two more years of y'all using this it takes years stuff for captain avg play. Yay. Well I wouldn't release him but first chance we get to take a high rd 1 pick who has potential I would. If that makes me a hater or couch gm so be it. You yourself are also a couch gm even being a fan boy of Dak. Remember that next time you want to try to insult folks living next door to you fan wise of course.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Too emotional. Y'all need to tone it down because your if you don't like this avg guy as a qb you hate him rhetoric is straight fan boy groupie stuff. How do you hate someone because they are avg? He some of the reason we lost and if he's not why the heck do some of y'all give him credit when we win when when he doesn't always do the most to contribute to the win?
He's way above average, and you know it. You guys are simply here to complain incessantly. Sheesh

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

I dam sure dont pay him $125 million like posters in that other thread want to do.

And dumping him now would be stupid. We got no starting caliber replacement on the roster, we got no first round pick, and Steven Jones is cheap as hell, so forget about any free agent QBs. So its Dak by default next season.

Now if he looks average next season, the last year of his rookie deal, then we dont resign him and look to the draft with our number one pick for QB.

stiletto

Reaction score
Some of you guys just better buckle up. Dak isn't going anywhere for several years. Get on the Dak-coaster...you'll get NOTHING else and "Like It"....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ZZZZZZZ. Off season suxs .

As our QB suxs....cause last time i checked Zeke is the no 1 HB in the NFL in rushing yards.....:p....if it looks like a Rat...walks like a Rat....smells like a Rat....it's a RAT!!!!

P.S. Hey Dak let's see if the rest of the OFFLINE can sack you next season??? lol

blumayne38

Reaction score
#1 I think he signs an extension this offseason.

#2 I think what you saw over the last half of the season with Cooper will likely be norm.

#3 I think Prescott will benefit from a better offensive line performance in '19.

In other words I don't see him being "average" BUT if he does stink it up, then the Cowboys will have to look at drafting a QB high in the 2020 draft.
Why not another 2nd 3rd or 4th rounder with a higher ceiling and better throwing mechanics?

Nav22

Reaction score
Top 10 numbers and a great W/L record.

2 division titles in 3 years.

We have our franchise QB. We also have many VERY stupid fans.