Do you consider replacing Dak, if he looks average next season?

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he looks average next season, do we replace him?

I say we look to dump him now. But I know many of you believe he's the next great thing. So do we stick with him or dump him after an average season next year?

I'd consider replacing anyone who doesn't perform well enough to help this team. I don't necessarily believe that is Dak based on the last half of the season this year.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Look to dump Dak? Did anyone here live through Hogleboom, Walsh, Pelluer, Henson, Tesdeverde, Carter, Bledsoe and a host of other scrubs?

Dak is far superior to those 'average' QBs
I don't even think most of those QBs were average. Maybe Vinnie and Bledsoe. The rest were awful.

pansophy

Reaction score
#1 I think he signs an extension this offseason.

#2 I think what you saw over the last half of the season with Cooper will likely be norm.

#3 I think Prescott will benefit from a better offensive line performance in '19.

In other words I don't see him being "average" BUT if he does stink it up, then the Cowboys will have to look at drafting a QB high in the 2020 draft.
With Cooper we were still just 23rd in the league getting a first down on 3rd and 8+ yards. If that's the norm we are in trouble. Dak has to continue to improve and/or we need to do more scheme wise to improve on those kinds of situations or else we are never going anywhere.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We release him and he goes to the giants. Then twice a year he picks us apart and everyone will say man we should have kept him.

Not going to hurt to see the improvement he makes in another offseason. Not costing us 20+ million a year.

Every qb misses some passes. His percentage and stats are really good. We as fans and even the media expect the QB for The Cowboys to come in and look like Aikman in his prime or Stauback. When Romo played for us everyone hated on him and he was no good. Now he is gone and people wish we still had him.

We look at other qb in the league with envy. The bradys and others don’t grow on trees. Look at some of the other qb that won SB. Not all were brady.

With what arm bud? Only thing Dak is picking is his nose cause trust me here no one including us would be afraid of the Dak-arm......I wish he would go to the Giants we wouldn't have to worry about # 13 anymore...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not going to happen because he's going to be under a new contract, a QB1 contract. The question is do they bring in a better QB than the other two they have in a "just in case" situation?

The opportunity to let him play out this next year, when some good QB's will becoming available, was squandered by the Joneses with their mouths. They had the perfect scenario but, as usual, can't keep their mouths shut. They've openly gone all in on Prescott.

The only reason to extend an existing contract is if they feel his price will escalate in 2019 and if that should happen, so what? Pay the price.

If I were the GM, I would spend the next couple of weeks watching every pass that he threw in every game and keeping a scorepad on the excellent throws, mediocres and poor ones. Define his consistency level and make the offer based on that. I don't know how that score would turn out but I saw him miss some that every NFL QB should make in his sleep. All these guys do is throw the ball, no excuse for that many poor throws.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Cooper we were still just 23rd in the league getting a first down on 3rd and 8+ yards. If that's the norm we are in trouble. Dak has to continue to improve and/or we need to do more scheme wise to improve on those kinds of situations or else we are never going anywhere.

I believe that's why Stephen Jones stated the desire to look for another TE during the draft.

In addition I think Cole Beasley has worn out his welcome.

But I agree, that number has to improve.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
If he looks average next season, do we replace him?

I say we look to dump him now. But I know many of you believe he's the next great thing. So do we stick with him or dump him after an average season next year?

I think the FO should now know what they have with Dak. He has played 3 years now.

To me we should put all pur resources into finding a franchise QB. Until we find him, try to keep Dak. But not by handing him a longterm contract.

We can at least keep him for the next 2 years. That means we can draft his successor in 2020 and still give him 1 year time to develop behind Dak.

wssaustin

Reaction score
How'd you know the OL would perform better next season? Fred might never be back to the form he was, Tyrone is back is getting younger, Martine started missing games this season, etc. , it would most likely get worse if there is no personnel changes.

#1 I think he signs an extension this offseason.

#2 I think what you saw over the last half of the season with Cooper will likely be norm.

#3 I think Prescott will benefit from a better offensive line performance in '19.

In other words I don't see him being "average" BUT if he does stink it up, then the Cowboys will have to look at drafting a QB high in the 2020 draft.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How'd you know the OL would perform better next season? Fred might never be back to the form he was, Tyrone is back is getting younger, Martine started missing games this season, etc. , it would most likely get worse if there is no personnel changes.

Fred will be fine.

If he's well enough to practice, then he's well enough.

Williams will have bulked up.

Martin hurt his knee in the preseason.

I'm confident the offensive line will be better in '19.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'd bring in competition for him this season, and yes, if he doesn't improve I'd replace him.

Free agents this offseason

Bridgewater (should have snagged him last year)
Tyrod Taylor
Josh Johnson

You could also make the argument of bringing in a true veteran behind Dak - which, I'm not entirely sure why you wouldn't have one just for experience sake and to help mentor a young QB.

I'm not even saying the QBs I listed are much of anything - I am, however, stating having little to no competition behind your middling QB is ridiculous.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You care silly person or else you wouldn't have quoted me in the first place when my post wasn't even directed at you. How devoid of awareness can you be? To be honest I rather be a grown man "whining" about another grown man on social media than someone like you acting like a teenage girl at a one direction concert. You've never even met the man but ready to goto war for him. Smh so if anyone should be embarrassed it should be you. You couldn't even tell your dad that you're out here online ready to goto war for a guy you've never met and not over a serious important life issue but because I don't think he is as awesome as you do. Get real and save that embarrassment you feel for me for yourself my delusional Stan.
Dak is here to stay for a very long time, son. Accept it or move on elsewhere .