Do you consider replacing Dak, if he looks average next season?

phildadon86

Reaction score
If he looks average next season, do we replace him?

I say we look to dump him now. But I know many of you believe he's the next great thing. So do we stick with him or dump him after an average season next year?
Say we dump him now? Thank God you arent running things. If he is average next year which I doubt (if they bring in an actual offense tailored for him) then yes I would. However, the catch 22 of that is you are wasting yet another year of Zeke if we tank to pick a top QB prospect.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I’m afraid we’ll see Dak sign a mega extension at some point this summer. I’m not a huge Dak fan but he did look better most of the second half of the season.

I’d be ok with him signing for 15-20 million per year but I think he’ll get 25-30 per year. It’s going to devastate our cap.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I was getting on the Dak bandwagon. After watching Troy Aikman a football life, I am convinced more than ever we need a QB that has an NFL arm.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
Nah you'll be crying when we suck for multiple years to come

I'm not a huge Dak guy. I like somethings he does and hope he gets better at things he struggles with. But anyone that thinks he sucks is delusional.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We should consider upgrading every player position, coach, GM, scout, or resource we can to build the best team possible.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We release him and he goes to the giants. Then twice a year he picks us apart and everyone will say man we should have kept him.

Not going to hurt to see the improvement he makes in another offseason. Not costing us 20+ million a year.

Every qb misses some passes. His percentage and stats are really good. We as fans and even the media expect the QB for The Cowboys to come in and look like Aikman in his prime or Stauback. When Romo played for us everyone hated on him and he was no good. Now he is gone and people wish we still had him.

We look at other qb in the league with envy. The bradys and others don’t grow on trees. Look at some of the other qb that won SB. Not all were brady.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Get lost. Go cry to someone who cares to listen to your incessant whining. A grown man constantly whining on social media. You're not embarrassed? Even I feel embarrassed for you.
You care silly person or else you wouldn't have quoted me in the first place when my post wasn't even directed at you. How devoid of awareness can you be? To be honest I rather be a grown man "whining" about another grown man on social media than someone like you acting like a teenage girl at a one direction concert. You've never even met the man but ready to goto war for him. Smh so if anyone should be embarrassed it should be you. You couldn't even tell your dad that you're out here online ready to goto war for a guy you've never met and not over a serious important life issue but because I don't think he is as awesome as you do. Get real and save that embarrassment you feel for me for yourself my delusional Stan.

kskboys

Reaction score
Unless you have a top 5 QB, you should always bring in competition. The position is way too important to stand pat.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Maybe if Dak had better coaching he'd be a better QB.
This sounds good but if you're truly doesn't it still normally show you that you're still really good. As much as folks like to hype Daks bogus w/l record we do know that Garrett was the coach so he can't be all that bad unless we want to give all the credit to the players. If we want to do that why do we have the discussions on how bad Garrett is if it's about the players skills or lack therof?

kskboys

Reaction score
This sounds good but if you're truly doesn't it still normally show you that you're still really good. As much as folks like to hype Daks bogus w/l record we do know that Garrett was the coach so he can't be all that bad unless we want to give all the credit to the players. If we want to do that why do we have the discussions on how bad Garrett is if it's about the players skills or lack therof?
Yeah, W/L records are almost irrelevant when evaluating individual players.

wrongway

Reaction score

I say we look to dump him now. But I know many of you believe he's the next great thing. So do we stick with him or dump him after an average season next year?
Anything that ends up returning the boys glory, championships, is fine with me. The names come and go. I have zero child like emotional attachments to players. I was furious when landry got canned. Turns out it worked out for the best. It just should have been handled better.

GMO415

Reaction score
Look to dump Dak? Did anyone here live through Hogleboom, Walsh, Pelluer, Henson, Tesdeverde, Carter, Bledsoe and a host of other scrubs?

Dak is far superior to those 'average' QBs

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Do you eat the chili if it's gonna give you gas?