Do you draft a WR with the 19'th pick?

Tristan

Reaction score
There's not a blue chip WR in this class.

Ridley is a quality prospect, but blue chip WR prospects aren't 190 pounds (likely less).
Nice opinion, but I strongly disagree and think youre dead wrong. Have a nice day!

Tristan

Reaction score
Height weight strreotypes are for idiots, we did this last week, theres a bunch of pro bowl caliber players of all shapes sizes and speeds. There have been a ton of busts that are 6'3 200+

Kelvin Benjamin, Josh Doctson and Kevin White says hi!

Andi if the numbers of a guy was all it took, well then wed be set with wandering airhead of Brice Butter Fingers.

Tristan

Reaction score
There's not a blue chip WR in this class.

Ridley is a quality prospect, but blue chip WR prospects aren't 190 pounds (likely less).
These are the best three wr's in the NFL right now IMO, Id take them over Green or Jones even tho they are the next best.

Antonio Brown 5'10 - 185 lbs
Blue Chip! All Pro

Odell Beckam Jr. 5,10 190 (195 now)
Blue Chip! All Pro

Tyrek Hill 5'10 -185
Blue Chip! All Pro!

Take the dumb sterotypes and throw them out!

I grew up watching guys like Andre Rison, Mark Clayton and Duper so dont try to tell me what a blue chip wr is please

cnuball21

Reaction score
These are the best three wr's in the NFL right now IMO, Id take them over Green or Jones even tho they are the next best.

Blue Chip! All Pro

Blue Chip! All Pro

Tyrek Hill 5'10 -185
Blue Chip! All Pro!

I grew up watching guys like Andre Rison, Mark Clayton and Duper so dont try to tell me what a blue chip wr is please

So out of the top 10 leaders in receiving yards last year there were 2 guys that made the cut that were smaller.

I completely understand there are always outliers (Brown, Beckham, etc.) but is not the norm.

80% of the top 10 in yards were of the larger stature, so my preference will generally be to follow the percentages.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Depending on who else is there when we're picking at 19, I would consider Ridley.
That's it for possible WRs at 19 though.

jay94

Reaction score
Considering we have a bottom 5 to 10 core in the league, I absolutely consider it. Every receiving threat on this team is overrated, but Zeke.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I have a feeling the cowboys want to draft one as soon as possible. We need one, no doubt, but I see so many wr being made by scheme. Maybe we can’t do that here, but hate to use a first just because we can’t scheme wrs open.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score

Blue Chip! All Pro

Blue Chip! All Pro

Tyrek Hill 5'10 -185
Blue Chip! All Pro!

None of those guys were turning 24 in their rookie year.

Ridley's growth is pretty much tapped out and he doesn't have the ridiculous athleticism Odell, Brown, or Hill has.

Calvin is a really good 2nd round pick, but I am not touching him round 1 IMO.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Ridley's growth is pretty much tapped out and he doesn't have the ridiculous athleticism Odell, Brown, or Hill has.

Another good point I don't bring up.

Although I think Ridley still has room for improvement and growth with NFL coaching and weight training.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Another good point I don't bring up.

Although I think Ridley still has room for improvement and growth with NFL coaching and weight training.

Alabama is a powerhouse school and their S&C program is top of the line, is their room for progress yes, but how much especially when you consider Ridley is a slender built guy at an advanced age for a rookie.

IMO DJ Moore has higher upside, and although I love the player I see him as a early round 2 pick just like Ridley.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Alabama is a powerhouse school and their S&C program is top of the line, is their room for progress yes, but how much especially when you consider Ridley is a slender built guy at an advanced age for a rookie.

IMO DJ Moore has higher upside, and although I love the player I see him as a early round 2 pick just like Ridley.

I like Moore, but don't really think he has Moore upside.

If Sutton and St Brown can become solid route runners I think they have the highest ceilings.

Oreycsg

Reaction score
Lets get Ridley in the first Kirk in the second AND st. Brown in the 3rd. Lets just take nothing but recievers this year because thats all anyone cares about i guess.

St.Brown is your best shot at getting a future stud #1 and not making Dez mad

jay94

Reaction score
We don't need three receivers, but failing to address it early would be a monumental mistake, no that doesn't mean it has to be round one.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I like Moore, but don't really think he has Moore upside.

If Sutton and St Brown can become solid route runners I think they have the highest ceilings.

Moore has more upside then Ridley IMO because of the physicality and ability to play across the middle where he can be dynamic which is something IDK if Ridley can do in this league.

ESB & Chark have the highest ceilings in this draft based on HWS, but they have bust potential as well.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Moore has more upside then Ridley IMO because of the physicality and ability to play across the middle where he can be dynamic which is something IDK if Ridley can do in this league.

ESB & Chark have the highest ceilings in this draft based on HWS, but they have bust potential as well.

I agree he does appear to play with more power and strength, but those are a little lower on the totem pole of important traits for me.

Ridleys game speed, quickness and route running are unmatched in this class.

What will limit both Ridley and Moore at the next level is catch radius.

Tristan

Reaction score

You dont have to touch him because he will be gone by our pick. But because "you" are worried about his age or "you" think he is maxed out is irrelevent to me and the teams who will be glad to draft this blue chip playmaker!

Dude had Jaylon Hurts throwing to him for crying out loud! If he had Tua to hit him deep consistently his numbers wouldve been sick!

Il take the opinions of the guys who tried to cover him over your opinion which is just dead wrong imo!

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
You dont have to touch him because he will be gone by our pick. But because "you" are worried about his age or "you" think he is maxed out is irrelevent to me and the teams who will be glad to draft this blue chip playmaker!

Dude had Jaylon Hurts throwing to him for crying out loud! If he had Tua to hit him deep consistently his numbers wouldve been sick!

Il take the opinions of the guys who tried to cover him over your opinion which is just dead wrong imo!

You project him as a top 15 wr in the league?

Tristan

Reaction score
You project him as a top 15 wr in the league?
Yes I do, I like him better than Amari Cooper, I think he will be a force to be feared. Hes not going top 15 by accident, this dude is a football player!

Im not saying hes a top 5 "super blue chip" wr like Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, A Johnson or Julio Jones whom were all top 5 picks if I remember correctly, I see him adding an AB type impact to the right team, I hope its us!