Do you draft a WR with the 19'th pick?

Tristan

Reaction score
Show me one mock draft that has Calvin Ridley dropping to us...
But yeah he sux!
I can name a hundred wrs every year who look good by the numbers, big tall fast all through the draft that are passed on and do nothing, Skill is where its at, with out elite skill size is irrelevent, dude can put on 5 lbs but show me one guy covering this dude by himself? U cant, u dont watch him, u read stuff and know it all lol!

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yes I do, I like him better than Amari Cooper, I think he will be a force to be feared. Hes not going top 15 by accident, this dude is a football player!

Im not saying hes a top 5 "super blue chip" wr like Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, A Johnson or Julio Jones whom were all top 5 picks if I remember correctly, I see him adding an AB type impact to the right team, I hope its us!

Blue chip means elite, best of the best.

So you're right, he's not blue chip. He's the best WR in a weak class.,

Tristan

Reaction score
Lol, solid comeback!
Told u three times i think youre way off and that im not interested in your dumb wrong opinions. Im not gonna see things your way, i dont think u even watched the dude i think youre a fanboy who reads stuff and flaps lips. As such, since u and your wrong dumb opinions wont beat it, well then I will just "Ignore" ur mappy assss!!!!

Oreycsg

Reaction score
This isn't a weak WR class imo. Its a really good class. You can get someone who can pan out to be a top 15 WR with development in the 3rd

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Told u three times i think youre way off and that im not interested in your dumb wrong opinions. Im not gonna see things your way, i dont think u even watched the dude i think youre a fanboy who reads stuff and flaps lips. As such, since u and your wrong dumb opinions wont beat it, well then I will just "Ignore" ur mappy assss!!!!

Melt down of a 6 year old?

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
I wouldn't be mad at a starting lb er or safety, but you want to help your qb develop. Draft DJ Moore and this Offense gos to another level. Imagine him getting 1 on 1 for the first month of the season. Imagine DJ Moore in place of T Will last year. He's bigger, stronger, more physical, and a lot faster. He's shorter, but plays bigger. he also has a higher vertical.

Recently, drafting wide receivers seems like risky business. It’s so hard to gauge how these players transition from their college team to their new team in the NFL. Last year, there were three receivers drafted in the top 10 of the draft - Corey Davis (5th overall), Mike Williams (7th overall), and John Ross (9th overall). Many people thought they were going to be exceptional talents in the NFL, but so far - they’re off to a rocky start. They all had a collective total of zero touchdown receptions last season. And it wasn’t just last year where they’ve underperformed. If you go back over the last three drafts, you’re going to find a great deal of teams disappointed with their first-round WR investments. That’s not to say all first-round wideouts are like that, but it’s something to be mindful of. How much of a sure bet is Ridley versus, say a player like Will Hernandez who is essentially guaranteed to help make this team better?

Does that mean the Cowboys should take a second-round graded guard before one of the blue-chip players in the draft? No, it shouldn’t.

Ridley’s a great talent and unless you believe otherwise - he’s the easy pick at 19 if he’s available. And if Brugler’s prediction is correct, he’s a coin flip away from being an option for the Cowboys in April.

If Ridley is there at 19, do you hope the Cowboys draft him?

Carter

Reaction score
Ridley is 23. That alone should be a Redflag. He will be Dez Age when hes out of the Rookie Contract and start to decline by than.

He might be an Option for a Team like the Packers, Panthers etc. who are closer to a SB and shortterm success.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IF he is the BPA...don't see a problem with it.

People need to understand that this team can use help in multiple areas.

OL, DB, LB, WR, DT and TE

If some players fall to 19 that are BPA and also fit a need...take your highest ranked player in that group...and if that happens to be a WR...so be it.

Getting locked into one position is not the way to go.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As good as some of the LBs are this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we got one of 'em.

Drafting some really capable help on the defensive line might possibly be a priority too.

LBs Von Esch, Tremaine Edmunds, or d-linemen like Vita Vea or Payne would be nice.

blueblood70

Reaction score
if all other options are gone IE Vea, Rsmith, Derwin James, Payne, Ridley so hes 4th or 5th on my board at 19 so its toss up..id rather get astud defender and go get a wr in the 2nd maybe Chark will fall there and others..from hat i hear the top 5 wrs some may fall into 2nd not abig gap talent wise so getting them in the 2nd would be better value..

blueblood70

Reaction score
This isn't a weak WR class imo. Its a really good class. You can get someone who can pan out to be a top 15 WR with development in the 3rd
yes deep but all 2nd round and lower deep..i don't think theres one that is a cant miss Pro bowl guy but there are a lot of solid guys..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Ridley is 23. That alone should be a Redflag

Red flag? That's reserved for player that has a severe injury, has been in trouble with the law, can't get along with teammates, etc.

His age should be a mitigating factor, but it's hardly a big deal...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Calvin Ridley is already what 23 years old, do you think a team is going to invest a 1st round pick on a skill position player especially at one the is speed driven on a guy who will be knocking on the door of 30 when he is up for a new contract IMO I do not see it at all.

What is the average career for an NFL wide receiver? About 2 1/2 years. Could tear up a knee anytime.

The NFL, for the most part, is a "win now" league, what with the cap that everybody has to deal with.

I seriously doubt a kid being a year or so older than the average draftee is going to drop him out of the first round, if teams feel he has the skills and potential to live up to the no. 1 pick, his calendar age won't matter...

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think there is plenty of depth in the WR draft class, just not much in the way of a sure-fire no. 1. I think it makes sense to grab a receiver in the 3-5 rounds to groom as TWill's replacement.

At the risk of creating a knee-jerk reaction, I think there is better quality TE's with 2nd and 3rd round grades than there are WR. I wonder, quite honestly, whether the offense would benefit more from an upgrade at TE vs WR.