POLL Do you like the hiring of Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reality, Jan 6, 2020.

?

Do you like the hiring of Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

Poll closed Feb 29, 2020.
  1. Yes

75.6%
  2. No

24.4%
  1. DUO_CORE

DUO_CORE Well-Known Member

450 Messages
    518 Likes Received
    The puppet strings will need to be ALOT stronger and Jerry better hit the weight room.

BoysfaninVegas and Jake like this.
  2. bysbox1

bysbox1 Well-Known Member

1,353 Messages
    304 Likes Received
    I'm generally fine with it. He's probably the most viable flashy name out there outside of Urban Meyer, and I think the Joneses didn't like the fact that Meyer had no NFL coaching experience. The other flashy coaches with NFL experience have been out of football for years. And elevating the coordinator route is no guarantee either.

I know there are others here who feel he should have won more with Favre and Rodgers in GB but unless you're Bellichek/Brady it's really hard to get to the Super Bowl year in year out. There are a lot of coaches with only 1 SB win.

He's a major upgrade over Garrett and it seems he has learned from his GB experience, so let's see what he does.

3. Fmart322

Fmart322 Well-Known Member

3,109 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    There should be 5 choices.
    1. Love it
    2. Like it
    3. Average at best
    4. Disappointed
    5. Hate it

Or the face chart that goes from a big smile to a huge frown they have in doctors offices.

4. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

20,450 Messages
    4,389 Likes Received
    He wouldn't be my first choice but chubs did have success

5. Western

Western Well-Known Member

762 Messages
    1,830 Likes Received
    Older retreaded head coaches can become stale & outdated in their coaching management.
    However, Tom Coughlin got fired in Jacksonville in 2002, took time away, then became a successful Superbowl winning HC with the Giants in 2004.

Complete command/authority of the locker room, instilling fear on a roster, & assembling a coaching staff (especially with the meddling Jerry) is a must.
    Wait and see.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  6. Wizarus

Wizarus Well-Known Member

730 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    It could be worse. Not jumping on the hype train though.

7. Asklesko

Asklesko Well-Known Member

2,802 Messages
    2,085 Likes Received
    Yuck! Get ready for more mediocrity.

8. JW82

JW82 JJ21

2,686 Messages
    4,560 Likes Received
    3rd time I have read it heard this today. I can buy that. Highest floor available.

9. Howboutdemcowboys31

Howboutdemcowboys31 Well-Known Member

3,868 Messages
    6,158 Likes Received
    Need a indifferent option

flosho likes this.
  10. flosho

flosho Well-Known Member

360 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    It doesn't send shockwaves of excitement through my body, but it's still better than Garrett.

Give him 3 years to make a NFC Championship game appearance and then move on!

11. CB61

CB61 Zone Supporter

9,210 Messages
    5,413 Likes Received
    At this point I'm a no and I voted as such but I'm open to him changing my mind that article I read yesterday bothered me a little bit now that could have been mostly because of Aaron Rodgers he's a self-centered twit but the missing meetings not caring about the defense? Big?

12. zerofill

zerofill Well-Known Member

2,812 Messages
    4,404 Likes Received
    Not really for it...but whatever...
    I think he is timid like Garrett... I would rather have an a__hole as a coach with these wussy punks we have.

13. IceStarD54

IceStarD54 Well-Known Member

876 Messages
    1,060 Likes Received
    Hey Reality...I think we needed a third option. We'll let you know this time next year;)

14. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

4,098 Messages
    1,556 Likes Received
    Not sure.

Won't know until I see what kind of team is on the field come opening Day.

Until then, who knows.

15. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

3,376 Messages
    3,175 Likes Received
    right with ya on this

16. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

4,098 Messages
    1,556 Likes Received
    Jimmy couldn't coach in the league now a days anyhow. Those type of coaches are gone. There may be some hybrids now, but, that's it.

Also, someone please tell me again how many Super Bowls Jimmy won with the Dolphins? Playoff wins? What was his winning percentage at Miami? 55.3%?

Face it. The early 90's Cowboys was lightning in a bottle. Jimmy didn't do jack after Dallas. Was it Jimmy's "coaching"? Or was it the deals he made, while Jerry wasn't involved so much? It was the deals. And, when those deals weren't around in Miami. It kind of showed how much of a coach Jimmy was.

17. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

18,522 Messages
    17,379 Likes Received
    I hate you for not giving me an out
    I like the hiring but it is ‘meh’
    Hopefully it turns out to be good for us
    I’m hoping that given everything Rodgers said about him, he will be motivated
    Wait and see
    :D

Reality likes this.
  18. BoysfaninVegas

BoysfaninVegas Well-Known Member

3,309 Messages
    5,153 Likes Received
    I said no. We could've done better but it could've been worse. Ask me again when he gets his staff in place. That could change things a lot.

But for now.....

[​IMG]

19. Reality

Reality Admin

22,425 Messages
    39,237 Likes Received
    Online User Psychology 101 .. when given a chance, most people will take the "maybe, maybe not, not sure, we'll see" option on polls.

Those types of options really dilute the poll value by encouraging users to not take a stance so they can say they voted either way in the future while being able to attack the ones who voted the wrong way then as well.

This way, people either go on record or they don't. It's still their choice :D

20. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

18,522 Messages
    17,379 Likes Received
    well, I gave my opinion but didn’t vote
    :D