CZ POLL Do you like the hiring of Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

Do you like the hiring of Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane612

Reaction score
It's Bill Parcells deux.
Just when you think things are turning around, Jerrah will get his grubby hands in it, and ruin it.

Shane612

Reaction score
Under the circumstances, MM is ok.
Better question is, will Jerry allow him to be the REAL head coach?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
this is blah to me... yeah yeah, he won a SB. Uhm........ wouldnt you have to really suck to not win a SB with Rodgers behind center for x amount of years? Werent we hearing about how rudimentary his offense was in his last 2 years at GB? I mean, he had Favre to start his career, and the rest of his career he had Rodgers. he has 1 more SB than JG... and he had Rodgers. he now had Dak. Are we supposed to now think we are heading to a SB in the near future?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Under the circumstances, MM is ok.
Better question is, will Jerry allow him to be the REAL head coach?
as soon as we meander around like JG was still coaching, all of you will say it is Jerry not letting MM coach with ZERO actual knowledge of wth is actually going on.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait a minute, is someone keeping score of our replies so they can use it against us? 3 years from now: "CC, on January 6, 2020, you said you liked it. In fact, you said he was your second choice and we have you to thank for this mess".

Just last week, I saw someone pull one up form since before I signed up here the first time and I thought "I hope they win, anyone that has the drive to be correct that badly to go that far back needs to win the argument.". Hell, I'll deny I wrote something this morning.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
this is blah to me... yeah yeah, he won a SB. Uhm........ wouldnt you have to really suck to not win a SB with Rodgers behind center for x amount of years? Werent we hearing about how rudimentary his offense was in his last 2 years at GB? I mean, he had Favre to start his career, and the rest of his career he had Rodgers. he has 1 more SB than JG... and he had Rodgers. he now had Dak. Are we supposed to now think we are heading to a SB in the near future?
Butthurt huh.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Who did it better?

source.gif

source.gif

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Butthurt huh.
nope.... Im just kind of ambivalent towards MM. It was time for JG to go, but I would have preferred Urban Myer... at the minimum Id like to have seen him interviewed. I hope he is a great person to coach us, but we will have to wait and see.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I don’t mind the hire. It was time to move on from Garrett and we knew Jerry would still be calling the shots. Let’s see if Mike can get the team to execute at a higher level.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not necessarily, but he does know the path to get there and can better lead them than a HC that's never even been past the division round.

There was this assumption that because Meyer won collegiate championships with two different colleges that he was better equipped to lead them back to the SB and I have no idea where that came from. Spurrier and Saban can tell him different about where they play for money above the table.

I think this particular team needs this kind of HC because he has instant credibility and they must first believe to achieve. A former coordinator wouldn't have that instant credibility that Parcells brought in to go from 5 to 10 wins with the almost the same team. And a college HC would have to establish credibility first. Big Mike comes in with it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nope.... Im just kind of ambivalent towards MM. It was time for JG to go, but I would have preferred Urban Myer... at the minimum Id like to have seen him interviewed. I hope he is a great person to coach us, but we will have to wait and see.
Speaking of "great person", Meyer isn't close to that, he's a dbag.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Not necessarily, but he does know the path to get there and can better lead them than a HC that's never even been past the division round.

There was this assumption that because Meyer won collegiate championships with two different colleges that he was better equipped to lead them back to the SB and I have no idea where that came from. Spurrier and Saban can tell him different about where they play for money above the table.

I think this particular team needs this kind of HC because he has instant credibility and they must first believe to achieve. A former coordinator wouldn't have that instant credibility that Parcells brought in to go from 5 to 10 wins with the almost the same team. And a college HC would have to establish credibility first. Big Mike comes in with it.

The argument against Meyer you could have used 100% on Jimmy Johnson.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Speaking of "great person", Meyer isn't close to that, he's a dbag.
I was speaking of MM as far as a great person to COACH US.

As far as Urban being a dbag.... I dont care. I always said about our 90s cowboys.... do all the cocaine and hookers you want on Friday and Saturday, as long as you kick arse on Sunday, Im all good. This is pro football, and us fans would LOVE a complete douchebag awesome person running the cowboys if he was winning superbowls. You think Jimmy J was a choir boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.