Do you prefer a Rested Rams or a Green Bay Matchup?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
If it's the Rams some Cowboys fans will say they want no parts of them because they are a hot team. If it's the Packers other Cowboys fans will say they want no parts of them because they believe we're cursed against them in the playoffs. Doesn't matter want NFC playoff team that's named, there will be Cowboys fans who say they don't want any parts of the Cowboys going against them.

The Rams are a hot team. but also have their winning streak come against bad teams. So they still can be a threat in the playoffs, but how are they anymore of a threat than the Cowboys are in the playoffs for blowing out some of the same bad teams the Rams beat? They beat Seattle by one point, who the Cowboys also beat. And their best win is over the Browns. While they had a close game with the Ravens. In comparison the Cowboys beat the Eagles and the Lions.

So I don't see how their wins really separate them from the wins the Cowboys have had in recent weeks. Either way the Cowboys are going to have to prove themselves against some tough or hot NFC teams in the playoffs.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Packers, and it's not even close. Rams are doing what teams should do if they want to make a playoff run. Win in the last third of the season, and be healthy.

Don't want the Rams. I think the Rams win their first game, and will take their next game to the wire.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Playoff scenario likelihood for the Cowboys "IF" they are the 2 Seed:
If Green bay Wins and the Rams Lose, we would play the Rams.
The Rams will rest players against the 49ers so they don't seem to care if they get the 6 or 7 seed.
Would you rather face Green Bay or Rams?
Both are good at running the ball and have some momentum going into the Playoffs.
The Cowboys will have to play full go to secure the 2 seed so they will have no rest unless they are ahead and can rest players in the game.
The Rams should be fairly rested for their matchup.
Green Bay will also have to go full go in order to beat the Bears and get into the Playoffs.
doesn't matter. both are similar teams, I think I rather play the GB , . I think the Rams prefer to play us (or perhaps to them doesn't make a difference since they see Detroit and Dallas as the similar teams, which our last game kind of proved). so they are resting players so they are fresher. Why I prefer GB? we have struggled against teams that have two good WRs and that's what the Rams have, plus a good running game. Stafford is also more playoff tested. they also played us once in Dallas but that was early in the season. our defense is not as good. their offense is better. so its a tougher game for us.

Motorola

Reaction score
The Rams will rest players against the 49ers so they don't seem to care if they get the 6 or 7 seed.
Both are good at running the ball and have some momentum going into the Playoffs.
The Cowboys will have to play full go to secure the 2 seed so they will have no rest unless they are ahead and can rest players in the game.
Green Bay will also have to go full go in order to beat the Bears and get into the Playoffs.
My responses ---meh \ whatever.
2023 Green Bay Packers___
last 4 games -- lost on the road to the Giants with to a UDFA QB rook, defeated at Lambeau by the former Home Depot pitchman, had to hold on to win an away game v. a 2-13 team led by another rookie QB, then won an away game against a division rival that was on a QB carousel, which was further dragged down by a young HC who's really bad at being an OC.

2023 Los Angeles Rams___started December with a good home win against the now playoff-bound Browns; then gave away in OT what would have been a very impressive road win = upset versus the Ravens.
Finished out their 2023 home slate with so-so victories over Commanders and Saints -- then barely hung on to not lose to the Giants last Sunday.
Regardless however they play it in the road finale...their 6-1 2nd half run was not a juggernaut....but hey..LAR is back in the postseason after really bad 2021.
The QBs of both teams -- Packers 1st yearcLove, and Rams longtime starter Stafford -- I believe won't have the wherewithal to beat this postseason's Cowboys team playoff team at home.
Predict wildcard round victory against either team --- or the Saints, Seahawks, or Buccaneers if the season's final game outcomes put any of those three in the 7th\ last postseason berth.

Last edited:

GINeric

Reaction score

Actually I'm afraid of both of them. Both teams know how to run the ball and we know what happens when we face teams who commit to the running game.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
The Rams only loss since early November was on the road, in overtime, against the NFL's best team. GB any day of the week.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I honestly have no preference. Just win. That’s the only focus or thought I have. Just beat whoever we play.
Me too, although I have to admit, I'm glad it's not San Fran. They seem to be our albatross. Give me Green Bay or the Rams. I like our chances either way.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Give me Green Bay all day.

Rams are 6-1 in their last 7 games, with that 1 loss coming in OT at Baltimore. They'd probably be the hottest 7 seed in the history of 7 seeds, in this new playoff format.

Green Bay is a Jekyll and Hyde team that can either look great or like one of the worst teams in football on any given day.

McCarthy needs his revenge vs the Pack too.
:thumbup:

And I'd like for us to get a little payback on Green Bay.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tied with Dak for the league lead with 34 TDs. Love looked like didn't belong in the league in October.
NFC anyway
real nice season

Josh Allen leads the league by a very large margin for TDs though, with 42