CZ POLL Do you prefer Dak Prescott or Cooper Rush as the Cowboys starting quarterback?

Do you prefer Dak Prescott or Cooper Rush as the Cowboys starting quarterback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Not trying to be smart*** really, but level 7 for 40 million what's it to you. It's not your money. When Jerry was low ballin him I don't remember you or anyone else on this mofo crying that Jerry was screwing him

So now he gets paid and you have a problem with him ? I would bet you've always had a problem with Dak. The fact that the guys gettin PAID gives you reason to voice it

JMO

If you get paid like Mahomes, you should play like Mahomes..............that is my issue with Dak.

I have the same issue with Zeke, he is paid more than Derrik Henry but puts up a fraction of the production.

But honestly, why do you care if people think Dak and Zeke are overpaid? Unless you are related to them, what's it to you?

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
If you get paid like Mahomes, you should play like Mahomes..............that is my issue with Dak.

I have the same issue with Zeke, he is paid more than Derrik Henry but puts up a fraction of the production.

But honestly, why do you care if people think Dak and Zeke are overpaid? Unless you are related to them, what's it to you?
This

That's fair . I care because as an athlete that didn't make it ( because o

That's a fair question. As an athlete that screwed up I know how much it takes to get where these guys are
I've seen close friends of mine made it to the NFL. And I k ow wht it took. And trust they deserve every dime they receive.

Silly

Reaction score
I'd say there needs to be another option of wait and see. The team is playing better this season and Moore is calling less gadget plays. We need to see Dak under center.

kskboys

Reaction score

Because there is a salary cap. I mean, c'mon, this is really obvious. When you are paying players who are not playing up to the level they are being paid for, it hurts your team drastically. Creates weaknesses elsewhere on your team.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Why do we do this?

I can remember the whole "Steve Walsh should start over Troy Aikman" cries. Then, it was the "Steve Beurlien should start over Troy Aikman
cries.

We always seem to love the backup QB.

It's hard to bench a guy who's winning. Beuerlein proved a lot more than Walsh, however. Walsh won that one victory in the 1 and 15 season. Beuerlein led the team to the playoffs. We seemed to have a winning hand with Beuerlein, so Johnson stuck with him in the playoff game against Detroit, but the Lions somehow had our number that day. Both Beuerlein and Aikman played that day, and neither QB was effective. Aikman was, of course, the superior of the two quarterbacks, but when you're on a roll with one guy, it's tough to take him out.

All that said, Dak is back once he's better. However, if he plays poorly, we've got ourselves a quarterback controversy.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Because there is a salary cap. I mean, c'mon, this is really obvious. When you are paying players who are not playing up to the level they are being paid for, it hurts your team drastically. Creates weaknesses elsewhere on your team.
No one was saying this when players is on their rookie contract making pennies and producing at a high level. Because salaries are based on market value, not a fan's eye test or expectations.

But to your point, I think every players salary should based on performance and merit. It's just not.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Rush has given the Cowboys one of the most important things a team could ask for, a competent backup QB who isn’t afraid of pushing the football down the field, changing plays at the line, & most of all being smart w/the football & not turning the football over. While Rush has done a great job in Dak’s stead, he’s not as physically gifted as Dak is, which makes these debates in here about Rush replacing the QB1 absurd.

Praxit

Reaction score
I luve Dak when physically and mentally healthy.

Right now, Mr Rush is playing hot hand.

Lets ride hot hand,until its time to switch off.

Toro9

Reaction score
Please stop with the idea that Rush is better than Dak. I mean, I get it... But just use what you've learned from the game before being impulsive.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I have high regards for Cooper Rush. He has by far exceeded my expectations. And I do believe in the right environment he could be a starter in the NFL. He’s getting better each week as well. Doesn’t really make mistakes, proved last week he can throw the long ball on a straight line. There’s nothing super spectacular about any aspect of his game but there’s nothing bad about it either. He reads the pressure well, makes the right moves in the pocket when he needs to. Look at Tom Brady for example, not the most Athletic quarterback but he seems to step around in the pocket at just the right time. Cooper Rush does the same thing. Gets himself that extra second or two to throw the ball down field.
That said, Dak he’s going to be the starter as soon as he’s healthy whether any of us like it or not. Overall I think he gives us the best chance to win down the stretch going into the playoffs. Dak has issues with his gameplay overall and he’s not perfect but I do believe he’s better than Cooper Rush.

He is in the right environment.

8)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
My vote is Rush. As of late the offense seems to run better with Rush.

Noooo! Dak's passes thrown behind receivers, at the shoelaces and 5 yards past the sidelines make our receivers better players. And in 5-man football, the ref doesn't need to touch the ball to set the next play.
Dak rules!

jnday

Reaction score
Dak has proven to be just what his critics have accused him

lonestar2288

Reaction score
I agree with the hot hand approach. Long term, I'm not sold on either man being the future. Dak is way too inconsistent, Cooper too limited IMO. I will say that the team has played better as a whole under Rush than the have under Dak since last yrs Denver game, again IMO. I know salary says Dak plays if healthy, but he needs to be on a shorter leash than previous times

Status
Not open for further replies.