CZ POLL Do you prefer Dak Prescott or Cooper Rush as the Cowboys starting quarterback?

Do you prefer Dak Prescott or Cooper Rush as the Cowboys starting quarterback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBond

Reaction score
well I wouldnt mind staying with rush for this game with detroit, then give dak chicago, and then if dak looks good enough let him play
the next 2 tougher teams.
I assume the Detroit defense will be aiming for that rebuilt hand. I would rest him until after the bye.

Cmac

Reaction score
I give MASSIVE kudos to Cooper. He did one hell of a job. I thought the Cowboys were toast after week one. But his play isn't on the level of Dak. That being said, Dak will be on the hot seat pretty quickly because of the high benchmark Cooper has set. Should he struggle, the calls for Cooper will be loud.
What hight benchmark did Cooper set? The D kept the team afloat just as much as Cooper is being commended for, but he was simply a game manager. Yes, Cooper did well, but let's face it.......He was playing with house money and lower expectations.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I've gotta go Rush.

Simply because I don't believe the Cowboys are sold on him at all and they would be in business for a new QB.

So, Rush being the starter would be better for the future of the Cowboys because they would be searching for a new QB and they wouldn't be wasting more time on Dak.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak has been a mediocre quarterback for six years....why does everyone suddenly think he's going to be good?
It's not that. Cooper is not startin quality.

If a 3rd option was provided that said Neither, that would have been chosed a ton.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
CZ's most notable Eagles fan, @Aerolithe_Lion voted for Rush

Should speak volumes

I thought about the wording of the question quite a bit before I answered.

If it said “who gives Dallas the best chance?” Then I answer Dak.

But to specifically ask me what my personal feelings are? Of course I want the guy who just threw 3 picks

starfan1

Reaction score
86% to 14% and just 3 weeks ago it was 60 to 40.We certainly are a fickle bunch. Or too emotional you choose!

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Dak has a stronger arm and is a better runner. I think he reads the defenses better (good & bad thing). He can over-think things. I think he needs to just trust the plays that are called more.

Rush doesn't do more than what's asked of him. He's safe, he doesn't screw up too much (despite those 3 INTs). He doesn't seem to overthink or over-complicate the offense for himself. Arm strength is average and only moves OK

Kellen Moore needs to keep things simple. Don't ask Dak to be Tony Romo

jgboys1

Reaction score
Dak has a stronger arm and is a better runner. I think he reads the defenses better (good & bad thing). He can over-think things. I think he needs to just trust the plays that are called more.

Rush doesn't do more than what's asked of him. He's safe, he doesn't screw up too much (despite those 3 INTs). He doesn't seem to overthink or over-complicate the offense for himself. Arm strength is average and only moves OK

Kellen Moore needs to keep things simple. Don't ask Dak to be Tony Romo
This is the most rational take on this hole Dak vs Rush debate. I am defiantly not a Dak fan but he is more physically gifted than Rush, but having said that I think Dak's arrow is pointing down. I think all the injuries have gotten to him. He looks uncomfortable in the pocket. As soon as he feels any type of pressure, he curls up and almost drops to the ground. I think all these injuries have taken a toll on him, both mentally and physically.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I'm not a Dakophant, but if he can pull all his qualities together consistently, he could be a very good QB. He needs therapy from a good sports psychologist.

Dak just needs to play within himself. He ain't a QB who should be slinging it all over the field. Use the run game and the oline to get into 2nd and 3rd and short. Sustained drives using the clock to keep that hungry D fresh.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak just needs to play within himself. He ain't a QB who should be slinging it all over the field. Use the run game and the oline to get into 2nd and 3rd and short. Sustained drives using the clock to keep that hungry D fresh.
It looks like he's "seeing ghosts" as was once said. He often seems to see more pressure than there really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.