Do you think Jerry wants to win before he dies

Sydla

Reaction score
YES , how much let's see how he reacts to daks Injury, we have a very good to great defense, good sts, can still make season out of this IF,

IF he goes and get a better backup for 6 games. Rush or Grier are 1-2 game type backups. We need a better option trade or find one available, thats better.

so if he rolls with what we have i say hes not committed to winning. Do not waste this defense. We can establish a run game with 3 RBS 2 TE , Gallup and wash are coming back..

so no need to throw in the towel for draft picks, no tanking.

if jerry and SJ go at least try and get a QB to fill in for 6 games you have to do this..trade or not..16 games left you do not roll with rush or grier, that's a white flag..

Who do you think you are going to get as QB? And what's it going to cost?

Teams will have us over a barrel now. You trading a 2nd round pick or more for Jimmy G?

That would be idiotic.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
He’s accepted the fact he’s seen his last title. Only thing he cares about is robbing customers to secure his posterity.

dckid

Reaction score
Serious question…

Do you think Jerry wants to win a Super Bowl again before he passes….he’s getting pretty old now

My guess is he is comfortable living in the past
No he doesn’t, this is the biggest trick that most fans have fallen for. He has three rings, HOF, most valuable brand in all of sports. He wants to go 8-8-1, just compete for a few playoff spot. That is his goal on the office wall. Be good enough!!

davey999

Reaction score
He wants to win, he just doesn't want to do what is necessary to do so.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Serious question…

Do you think Jerry wants to win a Super Bowl again before he passes….he’s getting pretty old now

Dumb question. Of course, Jerry wants to win. He just doesn't know how.

This question is like asking if a nerd wants to date a beautiful woman. Of course he does. But he ends up with the ugly girl because he just doesn't know how to attract the pretty one.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Serious question…

Nope. He just wants to make the most money possible

kskboys

Reaction score
I have never seen so many shouting a statement(Of course Jerry wants to win) and then disproving their own statement w/ the next utterance.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Here's the problem with this. One can make the argument that if he really wanted to win, he'd do whatever it takes to win. But he doesn't do whatever it takes. The most glaring flaw, the biggest problem is Jerry. That's it.

He refuses to acknowledge that or accept that reality. He refuses to understand that he and his son aren't football people, they don't know how to build a roster balancing the draft, FA, the cap, etc.

So I won't tell people they are wrong if they say he doesn't really want to win. Because one can say he refuses to do the one thing that could change the course of the franchise - fire himself.
Jerry hasn't been the GM for years now.
That duty belongs to Will Clay and Stephen

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry hasn't been the GM for years now.
That duty belongs to Will Clay and Stephen
Then someone needs to be called into account for the horrific Joseph pick and the failure to build a championship type DLine. Who it is, irrelevant. However, since Jerry is the GM, it is on him no matter what is done, good or bad. He chose this position.

bewp7

Reaction score
yes i do believe jerry does want to win a lot

but it have to be where he is gived all the credit

he was ok to destroy a dynasty because of his ego

remember when switzer won the super bowl jerry said “we did it OUR way!”

he can not deal with another jimmy and would rather lose then some one else get credit for a super bowl

kskboys

Reaction score
yes i do believe jerry does want to win a lot

but it have to be where he is gived all the credit

he was ok to destroy a dynasty because of his ego

remember when switzer won the super bowl he said “we did it OUR way!”

he can not deal with another jimmy and would rather lose then some one else get credit for a super bowl
Case in point.

You claim he wants to win, but then state that he won't do what it takes to win. Why are you claiming he wants to win?

dckid

Reaction score
He wants to win, he just doesn't want to do what is necessary to do so.
Sorry, if you said that in the year 2000 I would believe you. That was 6 years after firing Jimmy. It has been since the 1995 season that this team has not won a second round playoff game. Jerry is doing exactly what he wants. Bring average is his goal. Full stop . Just look at his actions.

Plankton

Reaction score
Once he was enshrined in the Hall of Fame, and he built a business juggernaut that is too big to fail, the desire to get a trophy went away. He prefers to be a celebrity, and if a win goes along with that, he's happy. As long as they are "relevant" (his word choice), he doesn't care what the result is. As long as he is the face of the operation, it works for him.

exciter

Reaction score
Serious question…

Sure he does, more than anything, he just doesn’t know how constrained with the reality that is the cap era!