CZ POLL Do you want Amari Cooper on the Cowboys in 2021?

Do you want Amari Cooper on the Cowboys in 2021?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

conner01

Reaction score
I think the premise of the thread was that his contract is not in the way. As in, he would be traded.

Of course Dallas won't cut him.
Tough contract to trade because it’s 22 mil a year each year
I don’t see anyone trading for him either
Cap is gonna make it difficult to make trades for expensive players

Big D

Reaction score
Yes. The other wr's and te's benefit when he's on the field. If you take him out of the equation Gallup and Lambs impact become diminished.

jnday

Reaction score
By the time they rebuild the team to be competitive, Cooper will be at the end of his career.

HungryLion

Reaction score
By the time they rebuild the team to be competitive, Cooper will be at the end of his career.

Idk Cooper is only 26. He should have 4-5 prime years left.

A rebuild better not take that long lol

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
no , we have enough talent at receiver at a much cheaper price. Cooper just disappears too often . plus , we need the cap to fix so many shortcomings

you sound like a Twitter parrot “HE diSSAPeaRs tOO mUCh” even after this myth has been debunked 100 times

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For the record, I voted no by accident........fat fingered it on my phone :thumbdown:

basel90

Reaction score
you sound like a Twitter parrot “HE diSSAPeaRs tOO mUCh” even after this myth has been debunked 100 times
You seem to be parroting the defense of a fairly average but overpaid receiver , and you seem to forget his disappearance vs big teams on the road : saints New England , eagles , last year and several this year . But yes let’s keep overpaying at receiver position and ignore the glaring defensive and OL issues .

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Trade him for something.

He’s a decent WR, but worth nowhere near his current sticker price..

I see Gallup and CD both eclipsing his ability next year easily. He just doesn’t seem to have superstar potential... However, Gallup and CD are about to transform into total monsters - especially CD..

Ever pay attention to how big CD is? He’s going to be an absolute physical freak in the next two years..... How he catches those balls while getting blasted is soooo satisfying..

He wears that 88 well....

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Traffic must be slow here - useless polls appealing to feelz.

Who cares about the resultz?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Amari can be very valuable when you actually have a QB. Far from the problem on this team.

That's why I am drafting one high like Zach Wilson....:popcorn:

Not gonna cost you an arm and a leg....leaving you money to actually retool the roster.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You seem to be parroting the defense of a fairly average but overpaid receiver , and you seem to forget his disappearance vs big teams on the road : saints New England , eagles , last year and several this year . But yes let’s keep overpaying at receiver position and ignore the glaring defensive and OL issues .

it’s always fools who are quick to go to his bad games, here’s a news flash for you pal EVERY receiver has bad games. I know shocking right? Take some time to google Julio Jones, devante Adams, deandre Hopkins etc and you will find games they didn’t light up the stat sheet. Average receiver lmao that’s a good one

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Trade him for something.

I see Gallup and CD both eclipsing his ability next year easily. He just doesn’t seem to have superstar potential... However, Gallup and CD are about to transform into total monsters - especially CD..

Ever pay attention to how big CD is? He’s going to be an absolute physical freak in the next two years..... How he catches those balls while getting blasted is soooo satisfying..

another one who doesn’t understand what they are watching on the field. Gallup on his best day isn’t sniffing coopers league

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Easiest yes of all these polls. If I could hand pick which players remained on the roster next season, regardless of contract, fitness, schemes blah blah blah, Cooper would be the very first name on my list.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Trade him for something.

You're half right. CD's ceiling is very high but Gallup will never be in the same bracket as Cooper, he is simply a good receiver. Cooper is elite and is the biggest reason we can still win games despite our terrible D.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Bad poll. Change it to 2022 when his contract becomes cuttable/tradeable and you may get a different result.

Verdict

Reaction score
His contract is guaranteed, but we *could* trade him. That really thins out the skill position talent on offense, though. Just Lamb left, IMO. Gallup just really isn't much, and Zeke is so over.

The only reason to get rid of him is to reduce the spend at WR, which I have some sympathy with. His contract is ok value. He's top 10 talent in the league.
Arguably there are about 20 receivers (or more) who you could say are too 10 talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.