CZ POLL Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They've had their fair share of criticism for their contract, but not as much as Dak.
I actually hope Prescott goes elsewhere. I little reminder how things were after Aikman retired. And if that happens, I'll hold the next guy to the same ridiculous standards.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I actually hope Prescott goes elsewhere. I little reminder how things were after Aikman retired. And if that happens, I'll hold the next guy to the same ridiculous standards.
I wish he would, too.

Funny, I go in and delete all my Facebook "memories" on a daily basis. On this day in 2014 I put this on FB "Bware of D-ware coming soon to a new NFL team. Congratulations on escaping the cluster ***** that is the Dallas Cowboys. Maybe now he can win a title."

blueblood70

Reaction score
First I thank God you're not the Cowboys GM. Your choices for QB are those of a wannabe GM who watches from his couch in the back of the room. Two of them, Keenum and Ftizpatrick, are QB's that have never been able to hold a starting job always getting replaced with younger QB's. Keenum, SEVEN teams going on EIGHT in now a NINE year career. Fitzpatrick never been with the same team more than 2 years, 3 times which were 3 years in a row with the same team just ONE season. Mariota another high draft pick, 2nd over all pick, that turned out to be a bust. Now what makes those even funnier is they are your choices because you would let Prescott walk and then you say the Cowboys could trade him this season. Ya teams would just line up to offer the sky for a player that will not be under contract in 8 days. Letting the same QB walk that was the NFL offensive rookie of the year. The same QB that has been a starting QB for TWICE as long as either Keenum or Fitzpatrick combined while with the same team in their ENTIRE careers. Just let the QB that last season led the league for most of the season in passing yards, most completions of 20+ yards and 40+ yards. Just let the NUMBER ONE rank free agent this season walk.

You sure don't know NFL football so maybe you should stick to things you probably know much more about like checkers and hop scotch.
NEWS Flash

Dak was of those guy's , third on the depth chart and no one saw him being a viable starter that quick..ive seen Journeymen and backup QBs play pretty well the last few years

but seems no ones sighed, no deals, our own actual owner/GM is thinking that way.. Daks an average qb against better defenses above average against soft ones thats mediocre I thought we were tired of Garett Mediocrity but fans want to see AC, JOnes, and Dak get Elite money for Mediocrity..right im off base lol

we can be mediocre with my plan as well for half the cost.. meh wake up

the fear of the unknown BUT If you want to be like the fans groan and moan to NOT BE Mediocre teams like SF had to suffer through 4 straight double digit losing seasons to get super high draft picks and one year the LUCK of having JG go down and they got a key piece to their defense in Bosa because of it..whelp 9-7 and 8-8 is pretty mediocre and one great turnaround toa 3-5 start or we would have had 3 medicroe season in a row with no playoffs.. Hmm you REWARD all these players for Mediocre and somehow the OP is being called a troll?
Dak and AC IMO are a reflection of Garett, blame garett all you want but their play has mimicked mediocrity as JG has, you want to continue on the path by severely overpaying these above average players elite money and Long term deals?Isnt this how we are constantly locked into this circle of average?

So maybe Dak getting FT and traded and letting AC go is our way of truly heading in a new direction to winning a SB more quickly? its not as bad as it sounds, you get high draft picks have this year to build the defense, make the ST relevant , get a Journeymen and a drafted qb like Jhurts, maybe someone higher then a 4th) to start transition who lean heavily on this OLine, Zeke/Pollard not only in the run game but a lot more in the pass game, Gallup coming along pretty well as you add a FA WR for half the cost of AC and a deep draft of WRs ..

im betting 8-8 at worse 7-9 is achievable for half the cost on offense and using resources to build defense and ST etc as well as experience for the QB you drafted actually getting some quality playing time sometime midseason while the journeymen QB holds down the fort...OR give Jhurts the reins early bite the bullet go 4-12 get a super draft pick maybe using a 1 from the dak trade and others to go after Lawerence?Hurts is now a solid backup?

now we take a step back handing a QB like Hurts/Lawerence for one full starting season maybe we are 5-11 and get the last piece to set this off and NFCCG 2022 SB 2023..?????

is that the new blueprint get to a SB with a lessor paid QB and WR or whomever you want on cheaper rookie deals???

If fear guys ,Living through UGLY season or two...

Fans here mock Jerry for making this team relevant every year meaning we never truly suck but never great consistently it at least gives us a chance year in and year out but with middle to lower draft picks and well mediocrity by plan..keep fans interested enough , shot at playoffs but never any more, thats the last 10years, maybe a shocking turnaround is saying NO to Dak, AC, and Jones so we change the PLAN and the process with a new staff to manage it..

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
100% lies. Also his position is the easiest to replace than any other position in the sport and yet you want to give him the highest contract? Volume does not equal TALENT, Cowboys fans will never grasp that. He has had a top 5 o line his whole career and provided just above average stats, and you want to call him elite??..

Dude, Zeke is an elite rb and that has nothing to do with position scarcity. He's won 2 rushing titles in his first 4 years playing behind the same OL giving an average QB time to throw for 5k. Dak is not considered a top 5 QB in this league by anyone.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Not arm strength. Dak's arm strength is above average. Keep it accurate.

I give you the QB velocity results of the 2016 NFL Combine.
The velocity is measured by a radar gun in miles per hour. 54 mph is considered average...just like the Cowboys were last year.

Paxton Lynch, Memphis 59
Jared Goff, California 58
Carson Wentz, North Dakota State 57
Christian Hackenberg, Penn State 56
Joel Stave, Wisconsin 56
Jacoby Brissett, North Carolina State 56
Josh Woodrum, Liberty 56
Cody Kessler, Southern Cal 55
Brandon Allen, Arkansas 55
Trevone Boykin, TCU 55
Dak Prescott, Mississippi State 54
Nate Sudfeld, Indiana 54
Kevin Hogan, Stanford 53
Brandon Doughty, Western Kentucky 53
Vernon Adams, Oregon 53
Jeff Driskel, Louisana Tech 52
Connor Cook, Michigan State 50
Cardale Jones, Ohio State, Did not throw

https://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-NFL-Combine-2008-2017/10243/dh/

:popcorn:

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
The velocity is measured by a radar gun in miles per hour. 54 mph is considered average...just like the Cowboys were last year..

Paxton Lynch, Memphis 59
Joel Stave, Wisconsin 56
Josh Woodrum, Liberty 56
Trevone Boykin, TCU 55
Nate Sudfeld, Indiana 54
Kevin Hogan, Stanford 53
Vernon Adams, Oregon 53

https://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-NFL-Combine-2008-2017/10243/dh/

Dak can zing it. Kinda obvious.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
The velocity is measured by a radar gun in miles per hour. 54 mph is considered average...just like the Cowboys were last year.

Paxton Lynch, Memphis 59
Joel Stave, Wisconsin 56
Josh Woodrum, Liberty 56
Trevone Boykin, TCU 55
Nate Sudfeld, Indiana 54
Kevin Hogan, Stanford 53
Vernon Adams, Oregon 53

man, this kskboys dude may have made the stupidest quote of the century; he was totally wrong in his assertion and then uses the word “accurate” in a post about Dak.

kskboys

Reaction score
man, this kskboys dude may have made the stupidest quote of the century; he was totally wrong in his assertion and then uses the word “accurate” in a post about Dak.
Not even close.

Watching the game is recommended for you so you can be more accurate. Dak has a nice arm. It's funny that you use some test to try a desperate attempt to not be wrong, but you lost again.

leeblair

Reaction score
If it was all Dak's fault then why did we fire Garrett?? We should bring him back asap!
Dak is a product of Garrett's incompetence. Garrett never made him earn his spot because Garrett never earned his, so Dak is shaped in Garrett's ignorance.
He's Jason Garrett 2.0.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dude, Zeke is an elite rb and that has nothing to do with position scarcity. He's won 2 rushing titles in his first 4 years playing behind the same OL giving an average QB time to throw for 5k. Dak is not considered a top 5 QB in this league by anyone.
Typical. You're giving Elliott the credit for his production behind the same O line that you're crediting for Prescott's. Lol.

shabazz

Reaction score
Wow, Daks contract impasse is really creating a feeding frenzy here. A lot of frazzled nerves and bickering.

Disagreeing is fine but insulting people that we interact with almost daily seems like a waste.

The targets of these insults should be directed at the FO or Dakota, not at one another. They could give 2 craps about our opinions so why get lathered up about it?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Understood. Phillip Rivers and Tom Brady obviously are not in your possible FA pool, those are the type of "cast offs" I am thinking of when I say you are under rating. Some of the FAs listed this year could potentially do well in Dallas. No I wouldn't expect Mariota or Keenum for example to get the job done either.

Brady certainly wouldn’t be considered a castoff he’s not being released his contract is up. If he’s allowed to walk it won’t be because the Pats don’t think he can play anymore. He’s reached the point in his career where the Pats may want to move on because of money and his age. Rivers would be a castoff because he was released due to his game declining to the point where the Chargers were considering benching him last season.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The crooked officials stole that division playoff game against Dak and the Cowboys during the 2016 playoffs. Cowboys should have made it at least to the NFC Conference Championship game. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it. Yet, here you are gloating and celebrating because of it. Says what kind of a "fan" you truly are.
Here you are attacking a US Army Vet and making excuses for the Cowboys. Says what kind of person you truly are.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Did you miss last season? Pretty good OL and great RB, and lousy NFCE opponents = 8-8 in a contract year. Commanders have Dan Snider just like we have JJ. We waste our draft picks just like Commanders. Dak was backup QB, average at best, who got to play behind a great OL. Dak generated great stats; an asterisk for last year as those stats came against teams with losing records. Dak is slow to read, slow to react, and not a real accurate passer. And there is Jerry, along with blind fans, encouraging spending money on a mediocre QB. It’s like this team forgot what it takes to be great and will settle for mediocrity. The Giants and Eagles are going to improve while we, the Cowboys, are stuck on stupid.

Did you miss last season? Dak was one yard off the franchise record for passing yards in a season. You claim his stats came against teams with losing records and you’re wrong. He put up 397 yards against a Vikings team that made it to the NFC title game last season and he had a career high 463 yards against a Packers team that also made it to the NFC title game. He carried us in some games last season. The Commanders waste draft picks on QBs. They found the best one they’ve had in at least 20 years in the 4th round and were stupid enough to let him walk. They got to watch their former franchise QB almost lead the Vikings to the SB, while they were sitting home with the second overall pick where they may have to take another QB for the second straight year. Some of you want us to end up like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.