CZ POLL Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CWR

Reaction score
You can tell there’s a lot of young dumb fans on this board that don’t remember what it was like during the 5 years the Cowboys struggled to find a QB after Troy Aikman. The Cowboys have been a very lucky franchise throughout their history when it comes to QBs. They had Don Meredith during the teams early years who gave the team a chance. He was followed by Craig Morton who gave the team a chance. Morton was followed by one of the all-time great QBs Roger Staubach who won championships. Danny White followed Staubach and he gave the Cowboys a chance. From 1986 until 1988 the Cowboys hit the skids a QB with a declining Danny White and a couple of duds Steve Pelluer and Gary Hogeboom that led to a 3-13 season and the end of the Tom Landry era.

Fortunately Troy Aikman came along in 1989 to save the franchise at QB. It’s obvious some of the younger fans here weren’t around after Aikman was released in 2000. That’s when the Cowboys began to find out what some of the other teams around the league go through that suffer year after year without a solid QB. Having to bench one QB for another and then another. It’s a painful existence for fans and a franchise. For 5 long years after Aikman the Cowboys played musical chairs at QB with a wasted second round pick, a couple of stiffs that failed at baseball, a head case who eventually ended up in prison and 2 aging castoffs. Life without a QB isn’t fun. :oops: Hope finally returned to Dallas when the Cowboys lucked out with an undrafted free agent. You have idiots on his board that want us to follow the same stupid blueprint as the Commanders by allowing a productive franchise QB to walk for a cheaper, lesser option and end up picking in the top 5.

The Deadskins have burned six first round draft picks on QBs the past 20 years, including two in the top five and they keep coming up empty. The best QB they’ve had in the past 20 years they allowed to walk and he only cost them a 4th round pick. After burning a first round pick on a QB last April they may end up burning another first round pick on yet another QB. The Cowboys FO has made some mistakes over the years but they’re not about to make the fatal mistake the majority of this dumb fan base wants them to make by allowing their franchise QB to walk and replacing them with a cheaper castoff. That can lead to years of futility and wasted high draft picks trying to replace them and that’s been proven.

I gave your post a like because I agree with most of your points. I think you are under rating the "cast offs" though. For far too long Ive been told how perfect this roster is for a qb. I guess Ive bought in to an extent and believe some of the FAs could actually produce in this offense. Id like to sing Dak as well and voted yes, that said hes reaching my limit. He said he didn't deserve to be paid like Russ Wilson, Ima hold him to that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I gave your post a like because I agree with most of your points. I think you are under rating the "cast offs" though.

I’m not underrating them they get benched and keep moving around the league for a reason. We wouldn’t get any farther with them than the teams that are moving on from them. We saw last season how much we depended on Dak. You can get by for only so long with a castoff, provided you have a solid defense and they’re not asked to do a lot. You have to have a team that’s built to where your QB only has to manage games. Eventually a QB like that gets exposed. Most teams need a franchise QB to get it done and the Cowboys are no different.

Bennie

Reaction score
In our 8 losses we only averaged 15 points a game. In 3 of those losses didn’t score a TD. And we weren’t able to over come a single Game after falling behind 7 points or more.

But yet Dak is the only one who could have led us to this wonderful season?

We worry about what we are without him. But what are we with him??

And why I’d Tag him for 27 million. Let’s see what Fat Mikey can do with him . If not any better. Let’s move on. We can lose and hover around .500 with many others for a lot less.
You can't turn lead into gold!

CWR

Reaction score
I’m not underrating them they get benched and keep moving around the league for a reason. We wouldn’t get any farther with them than the teams that are moving on from them. We saw last season how much we depended on Dak. You can get by for only so long with a castoff, provided you have a solid defense and they’re not asked to do a lot. You have to have a team that’s built to where your QB only has to manage games. Eventually a QB like that gets exposed. Most teams need a franchise QB to get it done and the Cowboys are no different.

Understood. Phillip Rivers and Tom Brady obviously are not in your possible FA pool, those are the type of "cast offs" I am thinking of when I say you are under rating. Some of the FAs listed this year could potentially do well in Dallas. No I wouldn't expect Mariota or Keenum for example to get the job done either.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Exactly my view . A lackluster overrated QB since college . Played well during his rookie season due to the most expensive OL ever assembled and a humming running game and many weapons at the receiver position . This QB is so overrated it is not funny . His mechanics and throwing motion is so off . It will be a long season if he is back . Worse If he is back at the price he is demanding .
How is he overrated when he was a 4th round pick and never intended to be the starter his rookie year but through the misfortune of losing the two QBs ahead of him, had that responsibility thrust upon him. He took the team to a 13-3 season and the divisional round of the playoffs, which is as good as Romo ever did his entire career. He had a great offense around him no doubt but he deserves a great deal of credit for how well that season went. The NFL obviously did credit him which is why he was the 2016 Offensive Player of the Year. Overrated? lol, I don't think so.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
You can tell there’s a lot of young dumb fans on this board that don’t remember what it was like during the 5 years the Cowboys struggled to find a QB after Troy Aikman. The Cowboys have been a very lucky franchise throughout their history when it comes to QBs. They had Don Meredith during the teams early years who gave the team a chance. He was followed by Craig Morton who gave the team a chance. Morton was followed by one of the all-time great QBs Roger Staubach who won championships. Danny White followed Staubach and he gave the Cowboys a chance. From 1986 until 1988 the Cowboys hit the skids a QB with a declining Danny White and a couple of duds Steve Pelluer and Gary Hogeboom that led to a 3-13 season and the end of the Tom Landry era.

Fortunately Troy Aikman came along in 1989 to save the franchise at QB. It’s obvious some of the younger fans here weren’t around after Aikman was released in 2000. That’s when the Cowboys began to find out what some of the other teams around the league go through that suffer year after year without a solid QB. Having to bench one QB for another and then another. It’s a painful existence for fans and a franchise. For 5 long years after Aikman the Cowboys played musical chairs at QB with a wasted second round pick, a couple of stiffs that failed at baseball, a head case who eventually ended up in prison and 2 aging castoffs. Life without a QB isn’t fun. :oops: Hope finally returned to Dallas when the Cowboys lucked out with an undrafted free agent. You have idiots on his board that want us to follow the same stupid blueprint as the Commanders by allowing a productive franchise QB to walk for a cheaper, lesser option and end up picking in the top 5.

The Deadskins have burned six first round draft picks on QBs the past 20 years, including two in the top five and they keep coming up empty. The best QB they’ve had in the past 20 years they allowed to walk and he only cost them a 4th round pick. After burning a first round pick on a QB last April they may end up burning another first round pick on yet another QB. The Cowboys FO has made some mistakes over the years but they’re not about to make the fatal mistake the majority of this dumb fan base wants them to make by allowing their franchise QB to walk and replacing them with a cheaper castoff. That can lead to years of futility and wasted high draft picks trying to replace them and that’s been proven.
Did you miss last season? Pretty good OL and great RB, and lousy NFCE opponents = 8-8 in a contract year. Commanders have Dan Snider just like we have JJ. We waste our draft picks just like Commanders. Dak was backup QB, average at best, who got to play behind a great OL. Dak generated great stats; an asterisk for last year as those stats came against teams with losing records. Dak is slow to read, slow to react, and not a real accurate passer. And there is Jerry, along with blind fans, encouraging spending money on a mediocre QB. It’s like this team forgot what it takes to be great and will settle for mediocrity. The Giants and Eagles are going to improve while we, the Cowboys, are stuck on stupid.

catiii

Reaction score
Did you miss last season? Pretty good OL and great RB, and lousy NFCE opponents = 8-8 in a contract year. Commanders have Dan Snider just like we have JJ. We waste our draft picks just like Commanders. Dak was backup QB, average at best, who got to play behind a great OL. Dak generated great stats; an asterisk for last year as those stats came against teams with losing records. Dak is slow to read, slow to react, and not a real accurate passer. And there is Jerry, along with blind fans, encouraging spending money on a mediocre QB. It’s like this team forgot what it takes to be great and will settle for mediocrity. The Giants and Eagles are going to improve while we, the Cowboys, are stuck on stupid.
Well said

Hadenough

Reaction score
You guys can break it down any way you want to, but we all saw the games.
We saw Dak choke repeatedly when the Cowboys have faced tough teams. We saw him celebrate his greatness against weak teams.
We saw him throw the ball into the ground on 4th down. We saw him casually walk to the sidelines after drive after drive ended, as if it wasn't his responsibility to lead the team to victory.
We saw Carson Wentz pass and pass his team into the playoffs despite them being injury riddled, while the Cowboys let another season waste in the weakest division in the NFL.
Dak IS NOT the guy.
Exactly! And that's what happens when your biggest weakness is your arm strength and accuracy.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Has he? Wentz is hurt way too much for my taste but if I look at both objectively, Wentz has played at a higher level IMO. He has played at an MVP level prior to injury, he clearly outplayed Dak in a win or go home situation last season and with less talent around him. I'm not so sure I would say that it's as open and shut as you lay out above.
If I recall correctly, wasn't Wentz playing with practice squad receivers and the lost Ertz at least for a portion of the game? We clearly had many more weapons on our offense.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Some people act like Dallas should just sign Dak because the other options out there just arent good enough. I think there are some options that are equal to or close to Dak but lets assume there are no options. So What!! Do like many teams do and spend a first round draft pick on a QB. Its not the end of the world people, its not like this is a high caliber playoff team with Dak.

aria

Reaction score
Romo was a disaster, too, because of Garrett.
But Romo didn't choke like Dak; he just made stupid plays because of being allowed too much authority by a coach with no sense.
Dak just thinks he should be paid because he is there.
Romo’s middle name was choke. Making stupid plays = choke.

shabazz

Reaction score
Vote is 50/50 oh how things are changing......

Hey, Dak you can fool some of the people some of the time but you ......you get the idea!

Now at 51% majority! They have seen the light!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

shabazz

Reaction score
Daks fate is officially sealed. Even if they sign him to this Bloated Contract the fan base will now officially blame him for not being able to get the other players needed to complete this team.........stick a fork in him.

Fans will never forget this "me first" drama that he has dragged this team and its fans through. The damage is done

ondaedg

Reaction score
You guys can break it down any way you want to, but we all saw the games.
We saw Dak choke repeatedly when the Cowboys have faced tough teams. We saw him celebrate his greatness against weak teams.
We saw him throw the ball into the ground on 4th down. We saw him casually walk to the sidelines after drive after drive ended, as if it wasn't his responsibility to lead the team to victory.
We saw Carson Wentz pass and pass his team into the playoffs despite them being injury riddled, while the Cowboys let another season waste in the weakest division in the NFL.
Dak IS NOT the guy.

If it was all Dak's fault then why did we fire Garrett?? We should bring him back asap!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

*POST OF THE YEAR*

I wish your post was stickied at the very beginning of this thread and everyone was forced to read it.

:hammer:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Daks fate is officially sealed. Even if they sign him to this Bloated Contract the fan base will now officially blame him for not being able to get the other players needed to complete this team.........stick a fork in him.

Fans will never forget this "me first" drama that he has dragged this team and its fans through. The damage is done
Then stick a fork in it and go follow another team.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Since it's the off-season and we cannot seem to reach the Dak Prescott thread limit, I thought it would be fun to get a general summary of what everyone thinks.

As usual, I do not provide an "easy way out" option that most people would quickly choose such as "I want him back just not at that rate" because that's irrelevant and not realistic.

Let's just assume most fans would want him back for a low amount ..

So, the next question is, do you want Dak back at the rumored amount offered?

Apply the non-exclusive tag and let Dak go find the deal he wants but doesn't deserve while Dallas reaps the draft pick rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.