CZ POLL Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CWR

Reaction score
Brady certainly wouldn’t be considered a castoff he’s not being released his contract is up. If he’s allowed to walk it won’t be because the Pats don’t think he can play anymore. He’s reached the point in his career where the Pats may want to move on because of money and his age. Rivers would be a castoff because he was released due to his game declining to the point where the Chargers were considering benching him last season.

Rivers threw for 4600 yds. He also had 20 ints, which clearly was his biggest problem. Hes been pretty steady for a long time though. Im not convinced he couldn't buy us a year or two. Brady is a prospect, like Cam Newton or even trying to coach up Winston (I know some will laugh at Winston being mentione.) I suppose when I talk about getting a cheaper QB those type are the more acceptable players Id want to see here if I am to have any hope at competing immediately. Bridgewater, Dalton, Mariota all make me nervous. If we are unwilling to meet Daks demands I would hope we'd go for one the prior group. I am with you in remembering the post Aikman era and hope to avoid that again.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Here you are attacking a US Army Vet and making excuses for the Cowboys. Says what kind of person you truly are.
Excuse me? What kind of backhanded hogwash is that? What's he being a vet have anything to do with responding as a fan? Do you think he's the only vet posting around here? :angry:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dude, Zeke is an elite rb and that has nothing to do with position scarcity. He's won 2 rushing titles in his first 4 years playing behind the same OL giving an average QB time to throw for 5k. Dak is not considered a top 5 QB in this league by anyone.
That's a matter of opinion not fact. He is in the discussion of being a top 5 QB. Among active QBs he has the 4th highest career QB rating. You see "experts" arguing every day on TV that he deserve top 5 pay. Don't let your personal bias cloud how you see he is being perceived by others.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The poll says Dak is not a popular guy considering the money he is demanding. He better have a great season and get us to at least the NFCC game.
Dak would have already led us to the NFCC game had the officials not robbed the Cowboys during Dak's rookie year. You know this. Dak has proven his worth.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Facebook fan page...

Dallas Cowboys Fan Page....

#BreakingNews: Dak Prescott and Agent Todd France have issued a counter-offer. The latest demand from Dak Prescott is a four year deal, worth $160 million dollars, with unknown guarantees. Prescott's demands are still holding steady around $40 million per year.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Excuse me? What kind of backhanded hogwash is that? What's he being a vet have anything to do with responding as a fan? Do you think he's the only vet posting around here? :angry:
Be respectful when you converse or be persived as a jerk is all I'l saying. I'm well aware of how many Vets post on these pages. I am one myself. You are now excuse.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Did you miss last season? Dak was one yard off the franchise record for passing yards in a season. You claim his stats came against teams with losing records and you’re wrong. He put up 397 yards against a Vikings team that made it to the NFC title game last season and he had a career high 463 yards against a Packers team that also made it to the NFC title game. He carried us in some games last season. The Commanders waste draft picks on QBs. They found the best one they’ve had in at least 20 years in the 4th round and were stupid enough to let him walk. They got to watch their former franchise QB almost lead the Vikings to the SB, while they were sitting home with the second overall pick where they may have to take another QB for the second straight year. Some of you want us to end up like them.
:hammer:

Silverstar

Reaction score
Facebook fan page...

Dallas Cowboys Fan Page....

#BreakingNews: Dak Prescott and Agent Todd France have issued a counter-offer. The latest demand from Dak Prescott is a four year deal, worth $160 million dollars, with unknown guarantees. Prescott's demands are still holding steady around $40 million per year.

Ugh...no freakin way!
Don't do it Jerry!

:thumbdown:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, wasn't Wentz playing with practice squad receivers and the lost Ertz at least for a portion of the game? We clearly had many more weapons on our offense.

Yeah, in terms of injuries and personnel, Philly had very little to work with and we were loaded Offensively. That's really the thing that hurts Dak most, to me. It's just a bad look all the way around if you are Dak IMO.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Absolutely!

Pay Dak his $35 million/$110+ guaranteed. He's earned it. Plus, he's our best option by far.

If the Cowboys refuse to pay him now, Dak is going to cost soooooo much more by season's end (2020) after Coach McCarthy helps Dak perform even better under his pro-QB system.

Pay now or suffer the consequences later. Take your pick Cowboys.

Still feel that way at 40 million a year?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Rivers threw for 4600 yds. He also had 20 ints, which clearly was his biggest problem. Hes been pretty steady for a long time though. Im not convinced he couldn't buy us a year or two.

Rivers had 20 INT’s including seven straight games with an INT. He was steady for a long time but didn’t get it done in 16 years and the Chargers finally gave up on him. He showed noticeable decline last season to where he even questioned himself. You would want to move on from Dak to see if Rivers could buy us a year or two? Sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense to me to move on from a young franchise QB to an aging QB to try and buy us a year or two. That would put us in a position where we would be looking at a lot of QBs to try and buy us some time until we found another franchise QB. We could be going through that for the next decade.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Still feel that way at 40 million a year?

Not at all. I've always been against paying Dak top overall pay, but he's earned the right to demand it especially when Jerry has paid top overall pay for other players in other positions.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Be respectful when you converse or be persived as a jerk is all I'l saying. I'm well aware of how many Vets post on these pages. I am one myself. You are now excuse.
I'm one myself as well, but I don't use it on social media to win a debate like you do. Excuse yourself.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That's a load of baloney saying Rodgers beat us fair and square. Wiling to lie to fit your Dak hatred, eh?
I freaking love Dak Prescott, he was amazing in that game. I'm just not such a homer I can't recall history as it actually was. Sour grapes is all you are spewing.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has any room to talk with regard to another person's salary. Prescott got paid under a million a year for 4 seasons; he should get whatever he can. It's a business. It's a job and who knows how long his career may be. I think there are a lot of entitled fans. While I think the amount QBs get in general seems high, who's fault is that?
It would be warm and cozy if every player signed for less, but that's not realistic. Elliott and Lawrence aren't taking heavy fire.

None of this is accurate. You can go back and look at the blow back from Elliott and Lawrence's contracts. Fans still aren't real happy with either of those deals. It's inaccurate to assume that they are not under scrutiny over their deals IMO. It's just that it's Dak's turn of the wheel, right now, IMO.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Not at all. I've always been against paying Dak top overall pay, but he's earned the right to demand it especially when Jerry has paid top overall pay for other players in other positions.
I see you aspire to be an agent someday.
:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.