CZ POLL Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverstar

Reaction score
You yahoos will believe anything won’t you.

It's not like we haven't heard this amount mentioned before. I'd hate to think Slater is a liar, but maybe she was just fed wrong information at the time.
Or was she?

And who you calling a yahoo...rockhead. Your obvious lovefest for Dak is well documented.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sour grapes. Get over it. Rodgers is a future HoF'er that did his thing in that game. Give credit where credit is due.
You get over it. Grow a backbone, rewatch the game and admit Rodgers and the Packers were helped by the officials, just like they were in 2014 as well.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You get over it. Grow a backbone, rewatch the game and admit Rodgers and the Packers were helped by the officials, just like they were in 2014 as well.
You need to stop. I don't enjoy arguing with you. We have different opinions, and I'm good with that. I've seen the game plenty and I've moved on. You need to do the same.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You need to stop. I don't enjoy arguing with you. We have different opinions, and I'm good with that. I've seen the game plenty and I've moved on. You need to do the same.
I will do as I please and stand behind what I see. Everything is validated on video.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Oh, so Qb rating is more important than record? Not in the NFL in regard to QB pay. Qb's have to lead the team against the good teams too not just the bad ones.
When it comes to ranking QBs yes it is the more important stat. Beating winning teams is a team result. How do you not understand this?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Qb's have to lead the team against the good teams too not just the bad ones.

He has led us against good teams over his 4 year career. He’s led us to wins over some very good teams. He’s beaten 4 QBs that will end up in the Hall of Fame and has outperformed the 2 top QBs in his draft class. It didn’t work out last season but most of the reasons it didn’t don’t point to him. I pin most of what happened last season on the coaching and the defense. Losing close games did us in last season. We lost three games by a total of 8 points.

CWR

Reaction score
Rivers had 20 INT’s including seven straight games with an INT. He was steady for a long time but didn’t get it done in 16 years and the Chargers finally gave up on him. He showed noticeable decline last season to where he even questioned himself. You would want to move on from Dak to see if Rivers could buy us a year or two? Sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense to me to move on from a young franchise QB to an aging QB to try and buy us a year or two. That would put us in a position where we would be looking at a lot of QBs to try and buy us some time until we found another franchise QB. We could be going through that for the next decade.

I never said I wanted to move on from Dak. I am exploring our options should his demands exceed what we are willing to pay. I support Dak, unlike some though I am capable of criticizing him and exploring other options. I think the safest bet is to retain and hope for continued improvement. He will need to become more consistent game to game and play better against more difficult match ups. Tough to really evaluate anyone on this team under JG and RM. We are about to find out how bad the old regime really was and how much fault our roster truly deserves.

Individually I thought Dak took some big steps forward. He was working through progressions and throwing deep better than ever imo. He also had a couple games where Zeke and the run game floundered and he was able to carry the offense. Before last season we hadn't seen that. Im not sure why some have already decided a raw 4th round qb has peaked after 4 years in league, under a trash coach. The only reason I am thinking of other options is because I realize Dak is still a bit of a gamble and to get value out of the next contract we will need more from him. If his demands become too high and severely limit the rest of the roster he will be forced to produce beyond his talent level. Im not sure what that number is though.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL

You suggested a poster be given a timeout for calling you an idiot. Who needs the tissue? lol
If I could return the favor, you would be the first one reporting me. The fact is Dak is going to be here for a very long time, and highly compensated for it.

Need a tissue?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I never said I wanted to move on from Dak. I am exploring our options should his demands exceed what we are willing to pay. I support Dak, unlike some though I am capable of criticizing him and exploring other options. I think the safest bet is to retain and hope for continued improvement. He will need to become more consistent game to game and play better against more difficult match ups. Tough to really evaluate anyone on this team under JG and RM. We are about to find out how bad the old regime really was and how much fault our roster truly deserves.

Individually I thought Dak took some big steps forward. He was working through progressions and throwing deep better than ever imo. He also had a couple games where Zeke and the run game floundered and he was able to carry the offense. Before last season we hadn't seen that. Im not sure why some have already decided a raw 4th round qb has peaked after 4 years in league, under a trash coach. The only reason I am thinking of other options is because I realize Dak is still a bit of a gamble and to get value out of the next contract we will need more from him. If his demands become too high and severely limit the rest of the roster he will be forced to produce beyond his talent level. Im not sure what that number is though.

OK I misunderstood what you said. The point I’m making is you would have to move on from Dak to go with Rivers. I don’t see Dak’s contract demands ever reaching the point where the Cowboys would move on from him and go with a lesser cheaper QB, especially an aging, declining QB like Rivers. Dak has improved every season, the gamble would be to move on from him and go with a lesser QB. We would be destined for failure and regret going that route. The level Dak has already reached gives us a chance to win it all if we can fix the defense. A few more opportunities from takeaways last season could have been the difference.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I would tag him, play him this year, bust my arse to try and move up to get Tua, have Tua sit for the season, then let Dak walk. If he turned down 37 or so million... SCREW DAK. Sorry, but this is ridiculous. If this was mahomes, id be like.. ok, 45 million, 50 million... whatever brah, get it done. Buit this is DAK PRESCOTT we are talking about.

Does anyone think that Mahomes isnt going to be in 5-6 more Super Bowls in his career? Can anyone say with that same confidence that Dak will be in 1 SB in his career? I cant.

Hes solid, not great, and he damn sure doesnt make up a perennial SB contender on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.