CZ POLL Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

basel90

Reaction score
Are you kidding?........thats when the fun will Really start.......we cant wait to see that!

Its a win-win situation

BTW, almost up to 53% no right now.:popcorn:
exactly right. if he is signed at this ridiculous price , he will forever be judged on whether he can win this team a SB or bust. Which i don't think he can deliver on. His popularity is already eroding ,

CWR

Reaction score
I wish I could change my vote to no........when I voted it was 33M not a totally ridiculous 40M .......he obviously doesn't care about the rest of the team....just himself...... I've backed this guy since day one but I'm done with his greedy azz.

Lol has 40 million been confirmed? Last I saw it was a Facebook rumor.

shabazz

Reaction score
exactly right. if he is signed at this ridiculous price , he will forever be judged on whether he can win this team a SB or bust. Which i don't think he can deliver on. His popularity is already eroding ,

Yup,the “aw shucks, I’m doing what best for the team” shtick doesn’t apply to him anymore

The Benjamins are his main driving force. 50 mil in endorsements and insurance was just a stepping stone

CWR

Reaction score
Not sure of the amount but there were several articles before last season that after 33M was agreed upon he backed out wanting more....sooooo

Im skeptical, but I will feel the same if that rumor comes to fruition.

lonestar2288

Reaction score
My line in the sand is 34 mil max. I'm sure guaranteed money has to beat Goff's, so like 115 mil? And apparently it has to be about 4 yrs to make both sides happy, drawn up where the cap hit allows them an "out" after 3 years? Anything more than that and I'd non-exclusive him so he can find his "true worth". I don't really care how it looks. At the end of the day I root for the Dallas Cowboys, not the Dallas Daks...better players have walked out the door. And I DO agree we are better with Dak, I just don't see a huge contract guaranteeing anything more than what we've already seen. Yes, he deserves to be paid and will, but there has to be a realistic line

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I do believe Dak as our starting quarterback is far more an asset than a liability. I love the guy because he works his butt off and is level headed except possibly in this contract negotiation. A GUARANTEED $105 million contract or $33.5 million per year is not a paltry offer. I think it is spectacular compensation for a very good but not yet elite quarterback. As a fan I would not only be disappointed, but even a bit resentful that Dak didn't take that deal. How many more millions do you need?

Dak can also make significant money promoting, doing commercials. You are the starting quarterback of the most visible football team on the earth. What about leaving more money on the table to sign or acquire other play-makers if you care so much about the team and winning it all. It's all about working within the financial limitations of the cap.

If he is the cause of rejecting this offer, tag him, move up in the draft to snag a talented quarterback this season to hopefully effectively replace him the following season.
what if it is 10 year contract?? still think he should be a good boy and take it??
jerry could sell u guys swampland lol.
Think about this, how come the amounts are leaked, but the years are not ??
do the math good grief.
It is all designed to make dak look greedy.

Last edited:

Silverstar

Reaction score
You. That tweet is from 2019 yahoo.

Ya I know Rockhead and that's why I said in that post, "it's not like we haven't heard this amount mentioned before"...referring to the 40M per season. Then I posted the tweet by Jane Slater from last year.

You couldn't put those two together?
C'mon Rockhead! :rolleyes:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This board gonna need some new moderators when he signs his new deal .........:popcorn:
nathan-fillion.gif

CCBoy

Reaction score
Retrofitting...sign Cooper, and all that is left for Dak is to sign. Leverage completely vanishes. The Cowboys have offered strongly and want him also.

cowboyed

Reaction score
what if it is 10 year contract?? still think he should be a good boy and take it??
jerry could sell u guys swampland lol.
Think about this, how come the amounts are leaked, but the years are not ??
do the math good grief.
It is all designed to make dak look greedy.

Well no one knows for sure how much per year and how many years or what's partially agreed on. There are estimates based on where Dak ranks among quarterbacks with similar performance abilities/potential and how much they are getting paid. Jerry isn't even commenting on how much and how long so I am not sure he is selling anyone swamp land. I would say that the majority of members in this forum aren't big fans of Jerry. Come Monday or perhaps this weekend we will know if Dak has a deal or is tagged.

CWR

Reaction score
I believe it came to fruition before last season started.

I just Googled it and NBC sports said he turned down 33M in September.

Im talking about 40 million. That number is ridiculous. Whatever he turned down was supposedly based more on length of contract. I think we should take advantage of him wanting a shorter deal and look at it as a positive because we are still projecting improvement from him. If he doesn't continue to get better and become more consistent signing him to a longer contract would be bad news anyway. This allows us to hedge our bets.

It's also very frustrating to think we have Dak, Coop and BJ all due for big paydays and none of them have been locked up yet. We are about to let an asset walk out the door without any compensation whatsoever. Had we extended Coop when we traded for him we would've saved a ton of money and could be focused on Dak now, with the idea of franchising BJ and actually trading him for possibly a 2-4th round pick. Instead we will likely go down to the wire, end up signing either Coop or Dak and franchising the other while we let BJ walk out the door with nothing in return. The FO has bungled these contracts up to this point.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Im talking about 40 million. That number is ridiculous. Whatever he turned down was supposedly based more on length of contract. I think we should take advantage of him wanting a shorter deal and look at it as a positive because we are still projecting improvement from him. If he doesn't continue to get better and become more consistent signing him to a longer contract would be bad news anyway. This allows us to hedge our bets.

It's also very frustrating to think we have Dak, Coop and BJ all due for big paydays and none of them have been locked up yet. We are about to let an asset walk out the door without any compensation whatsoever. Had we extended Coop when we traded for him we would've saved a ton of money and could be focused on Dak now, with the idea of franchising BJ and actually trading him for possibly a 2-4th round pick. Instead we will likely go down to the wire, end up signing either Coop or Dak and franchising the other while we let BJ walk out the door with nothing in return. The FO has bungled these contracts up to this point.

Coop has had periods when he was the number two receiver for Oakland, as well as periods of times when he dropped some passes.

He had to prove his worth and produce for the Cowboys as well...first.

Status
Not open for further replies.