CZ POLL Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He would get paid at least what Carson Wentz got and probably more because teams overpay for good QBs. You could get a first round pick and change for Dak. If you don’t think he’s a real solid QB you don’t know football. He’s gotten better every season and hasn’t even reached his ceiling yet. He took 53 sacks in 2018 and only 23 this past season despite 70 more passing attempts than the previous season and he had career highs in passing yards and passing TDs. The arrows are all pointing up with him.

I can't for the life of me figure out why so many people can't see this. This guy continues to work on his craft and get better and he has already passed up 80% of the QBs in the league and taken aim at the rest. People just seem to just completely disregard that he came into the league EXTREMELY raw as a passer and the Cowboys wanted him as a 2-3 year project player. His year over year improvement is undeniable. People point to his numbers going down in year 2 vs year 1 as some sort of indicator that he can never get better. We all know the Zeke situation hampered him AND EVERYBODY ELSE ON THE TEAM in 2017. It was a dark cloud over the team all year, plain and simple. It should also not have surprised anyone that he was no ready to put the team on his back in Zeke's absence. The team wasn't built that way and he simply wasn't ready. This past season they encouraged him to take more chances. Which I agree with to some extent but I think it also cost us a couple of games where conservative Dak would have either run for the first down or thrown the safe pass to get the first down instead of heaving it deep. Dak spoke about it himself.. There were situations where he simply got greedy. I think this year he will get closer to balancing out when to take chances and when to play it safe and I think the results will be about 11 wins and two home playoff games.. But that's just me.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
He had a career year in passing yards and TDs in a contract year. He was one yard off the franchise record for passing yards in a season. He had three 400 yard passing games and missed a fourth 400 yard passing game by 3 yards. Two of his most productive games were against teams that played in the NFC title game. It certainly wasn’t all on him that we went 8-8. He’s been stuck with a bad head coach and a defense that can’t make critical stops or force turnovers. I’m not settling for anything other than getting him signed. He’s a solid QB that we can win a championship with. He carried us in some games last season. He hasn’t been the problem with this team.
What games did he carry us in?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'd be interested in knowing that, too. As a matter of fact, can we just get an example of what a QB carrying a team looks like? Can anyone give us a game that Romo carried us to victory so we look at the characteristics of that game and then be on the look out for it in the future?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Did you not watch the 2019 season or were you wearing blinders? He carried us in the opener against the Giants with 405 yards and 4 TDs. He certainly didn't get much help from the running game with Zeke who only put up 53 yards. Even though the Cowboys lost to Minnesota, Dak played one of his best games despite the loss with 397 yards and 3 TDs. He carried us in that game keeping us in it. He certainly got no help from Zeke who averaged only 2.7 yards a carry. Dak carried us again the following week against Detroit with 444 yards and 3 TDs. Once again he got no help from Zeke who for the second straight game averaged less than 3 yards a carry. A QB doesn't pass for almost 5000 yards and not have to carry his team in a few games. The only reason the Cowboys led the league in offense was because of Dak and the passing game. Only two QBs passed for more passing TDs than Dak. He also provided 3 rushing TDs. He lowered his shoulder several times last season taking on defenders to move the chains on 3rd down and crashed into the endzone for for 3 more TDs. Our defense certainly didn't help him being shredded by average QBs like Trubisky and Darnold and rarely ever giving Dak and our offense a short field from turnovers. Try opening your eyes, Dak is a top 10 QB who's improving. It's almost like some of you don't want the Cowboys to win a SB by screaming for the team to move on from Dak and go with a cheap castoff. The Cowboys wouldn't have a chance in hell of competing for a title with some of the QBs that are being mentioned to replace Dak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me figure out why so many people can't see this. This guy continues to work on his craft and get better and he has already passed up 80% of the QBs in the league and taken aim at the rest. People just seem to just completely disregard that he came into the league EXTREMELY raw as a passer and the Cowboys wanted him as a 2-3 year project player.

Boards like this are loaded with dopes who don't have a clue. All the experts who understand the game are in Dak's corner. You don't hear any of them saying Dak isn't the answer and that the Cowboys should move on from him. They're all saying pay him! GMs and players have high praise for Dak but it's the stupid fans who are dogging him and are touting castoffs to replace him. A lot of fans still see Dak as a 4th round pick. They seem to think that if the Cowboys used a first round pick on a QB they'll be better off. Had Dak been taken where Goff and Wentz were drafted we wouldn't be seeing all this Dak hate. Fans would be much more forgiving and would like to give him every chance possible to reach his ceiling had he been a top selection. Quincy Carter never received as much hate from the fan base because the Cowboys used their top pick on him and everyone wanted to give him every chance to come around. The higher you take a player in the draft the more fans look for the good in that player. Look at how many fans don't want to give up on Randy Gregory despite all his issues and how little we've gotten out of him. It's all because he was a highly touted player we drafted him in the second round. Had he been a 4th round draft pick most fans would have been done with him after his first drug suspension and the team probably would have been done with him as well. No way after 5 years would fans and the organization still be holding out hope with him had he been a mid to low round pick.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak has never played one game in the NFL with an NFL head coach. And still has won 13 games, 9 games, 10 games and a playoff win, and even 8 with no coach is impressive not to mention a cotton soft defense. Can't wait to see what he does with more than Pop Warner coaching.

kskboys

Reaction score
I initially thought the same, but when I consider they traded away a 1st round pick for him they had already committed. Seems like a half measure to not have extended at this point. As always hindsight 20/20
It's really not hindsight. This contract problem was blatantly easy to foresee.

Reactions: CWR

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Boards like this are loaded with dopes who don't have a clue. All the experts who understand the game are in Dak's corner. You don't hear any of them saying Dak isn't the answer and that the Cowboys should move on from him. They're all saying pay him! GMs and players have high praise for Dak but it's the stupid fans who are dogging him and are touting castoffs to replace him. A lot of fans still see Dak as a 4th round pick. They seem to think that if the Cowboys used a first round pick on a QB they'll be better off. Had Dak been taken where Goff and Wentz were drafted we wouldn't be seeing all this Dak hate. Fans would be much more forgiving and would like to give him every chance possible to reach his ceiling had he been a top selection. Quincy Carter never received as much hate from the fan base because the Cowboys used their top pick on him and everyone wanted to give him every chance to come around. The higher you take a player in the draft the more fans look for the good in that player. Look at how many fans don't want to give up on Randy Gregory despite all his issues and how little we've gotten out of him. It's all because he was a highly touted player we drafted him in the second round. Had he been a 4th round draft pick most fans would have been done with him after his first drug suspension and the team probably would have been done with him as well. No way after 5 years would fans and the organization still be holding out hope with him had he been a mid to low round pick.

Those same GM's make huge mistakes all the time. You think foles should have been paid? Most people including those who scouted Dak have issue with his lack of arm talent. He struggles with ball placement like most average qb's. Its not that he sucks but hes easily replaceable with similar talent at a fraction of the cost. He did look better vs really bad teams though so thats good. He also gets more help than most qb's with one of the most talented offenses in the NFL.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Those same GM's make huge mistakes all the time. You think foles should have been paid? Most people including those who scouted Dak have issue with his lack of arm talent. He struggles with ball placement like most average qb's. Its not that he sucks but hes easily replaceable with similar talent at a fraction of the cost. He did look better vs really bad teams though so thats good. He also gets more help than most qb's with one of the most talented offenses in the NFL.

Foles shouldn’t have been paid because he’s only had success with Philly. He helped them to an elimination game win over us in 2013. After he left Philly he sucked with the Rams. He returned to Philly and led them to a Super Bowl win. He left Philly again and sucked for Jacksonville. I predicted he wouldn’t have success with the Jags. I haven’t heard anyone who knows football say Dak has a lack of a arm talent. Do you see a lack of arm talent on this throw from 2018? He looked exactly like Aaron Rodgers. Anyone who thinks he’s easily replaceable has absolutely no clue about football. The names that some are coming up with to replace him are laughable!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Foles shouldn’t have been paid because he’s only had success with Philly. He helped them to an elimination game win over us in 2013. After he left Philly he sucked with the Rams. He returned to Philly and led them to a Super Bowl win. He left Philly again and sucked for Jacksonville. I predicted he wouldn’t have success with the Jags. I haven’t heard anyone who knows football say Dak has a lack of a arm talent. Do you see a lack of arm talent on this throw from 2018? He looked exactly like Aaron Rodgers. Anyone who thinks he’s easily replaceable has absolutely no clue about football. The names that some are coming up with to replace him are laughable!

No one said he never makes a good pass. But you saying that everyone agrees with you is wrong. Anytime dak hasnt had a gold platter propping him up he is a bottom 5 QB. Luckily we built an offense so average qb's can succeed. Average nfl qb's are good but i wouldnt pay them top dollar. Dak will never reach a SB, probably never reach the nfc championship game.

Qcard

Reaction score
No one said he never makes a good pass. But you saying that everyone agrees with you is wrong. Anytime dak hasnt had a gold platter propping him up he is a bottom 5 QB. Luckily we built an offense so average qb's can succeed. Average nfl qb's are good but i wouldnt pay them top dollar. Dak will never reach a SB, probably never reach the nfc championship game.
What exactly is a "gold platter"? This is that dumb Dak Hater talk that has no definition or quantifiable metric?

Which winning QB doesn't need good talent around them or good coaching?

Qcard

Reaction score
The polling results are solidified. Hes not wanted here at his contract demands by the majority of forum members voting.......spin that
Easy half of Cowboys fans left when Jerry fired Tom Landry...there are 31 other teams...just take the door off the hinges @shabazz many are coming behind you. I know 50%" on a message board to "really" represents Cowboys Nation:lmao2::facepalm:

Dak will be signed to a market deal or get paid $70 M over 2 seasons with the Franchise Tags

Qcard

Reaction score
My spin....it simply doesn't matter.

Jerry is going to do what he wants no matter our opinion.
You mean Jerry didn't blink when he fired Landry and Jimmy...

50% on a message is a flies fart in the wind.... negligible!!

morat1959

Reaction score
What exactly is a "gold platter"? This is that dumb Dak Hater talk that has no definition or quantifiable metric?

Which winning QB doesn't need good talent around them or good coaching?
A QB that can hit a RB in stride out of the backfield at 8 yards. A QB who can read pre-snap blitz. A QB who can throw a WR open instead of waiting till he breaks open by 2-3 yards before releasing the ball. A QB who can step up in the pocket when he feels pressure on either or both sides of him. A QB who doesn’t roll into the only spot that pressure is coming from. A QB who is a little faster than mud going thru his progressions. Does that answer your question? If you’re watching the games and can’t see these obvious flaws in Dak, then you are a homer.

Qcard

Reaction score
Top OL, top wr, top rb, hof TE. For his career we have had one of the best offensive groups.
Top Oline - Myth! Not since 2016 has this Oline played at a "Top" level.... better yet define "Top OL" laughable:lmao2:. The Oline has been good at best at times in 2017 & 2018

Top WR - Amari disappears on the Road and signs of why he was traded from Oakland starting manifest itself...albeit Garrett's Coaching is too blame too but Amari has not been an Top WR consistently and Gallup is not a No.1

Top RB - I conced the point Zeke is a Top RB

HOF TE - Jason has not played at a HOF level since 2016. He has not performed like Kittle or Kelyce...so whilst Witten is HOF bound, he has not been Top TE since 2016.

This best "offensive group" sounds nice on paper but in reality was at best good with Garrett making it average...

Like I said....keep up the Myth to feed your Dak Hate!!

Qcard

Reaction score
See it is dumb post like these that get my blood boiling :lmao2:. Just a little google search will find this information

A QB that can hit a RB in stride out of the backfield at 8 yards. A QB who can read pre-snap blitz.

In the below videos Dak reads the pre-snap Blitz coming off TE Witten, whilst Dak didn't hit RB (Zeke) in "stride" clearly the pass to the outside of the Blitzer and Zeke, avoided the defender and gave RB (Zeke) a chance to catch spin away from defense and run into space (aka throwing a player open).

I added in the pass against Green Bay....I couldn't find in stride pass "8 yards" away but 34 yards away between 3 defenders....Your Honor the evidence is sufficient Dak can make every throw....

Arm talent Myth is Dak Hater blood type

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/dak-prescott-s-dime-to-zeke-beats-3-defenders
A QB who can throw a WR open instead of waiting till he breaks open by 2-3 yards before releasing the ball.
Please watch the 9 Route Film study of Dak's accuracy, anticipation and aggression. Gallup was not open @morat1959 when ball was released. This information is readily available............your Dak Hate in pandemic sir.......

A QB who can step up in the pocket when he feels pressure on either or both sides of him.
There is absolutely no way we watch the same games.....Dak to Devin is exactly what you say Dak can't do....

A QB who doesn’t roll into the only spot that pressure is coming from. A QB who is a little faster than mud going thru his progressions. Does that answer your question? If you’re watching the games and can’t see these obvious flaws in Dak, then you are a homer.

I think I've made my point. I won't be able to treat the Dak Hater pandemic. The treatment is a couple of weeks away Market Value or twice tagged $70M (20 & 21)...How do you like your dosage?

Every QB has bad plays and poor throws but the evidence is there and the consistency is proven. Dak has what it takes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.