CZ POLL Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Whatever the actual offer is I want him back because there’s clearly not a better alternative than him available. No way would I go with a lesser QB for cheaper money. That’s not a recipe for success.You can’t be cutting corners at the most important position on your team.
So, Rush is out of the question?! :muttley:

Yeah, because 8-8 quarterbacks Head Coaches are hard to come by.:facepalm:
FIFY :D

Romo didn't choke? :lmao: Uhhh, he was nicknamed Chokemo for a reason.
When has Dak choked? Name any games.
I think you've got the players confused. :facepalm:
If Brady was at Center the same haters would be saying the same hate about him. It's a vicious cylce I tell you. :laugh:

Rayman70

Reaction score
I want Dak back when he's happy. What we want or think is irrelevant. What the going rate is, IS what he ought to get.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes pay him for what they have currently on the table. Then they can move forward to build the team.
If he holds out or rejects the offer and wants way too much, then make plans to draft a QB and build around that.

What is offered is fair based on what other QB's have signed for, for his accomplishments so far. Which is winning, but he can't carry the team either.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I do believe Dak as our starting quarterback is far more an asset than a liability. I love the guy because he works his butt off and is level headed except possibly in this contract negotiation. A GUARANTEED $105 million contract or $33.5 million per year is not a paltry offer. I think it is spectacular compensation for a very good but not yet elite quarterback. As a fan I would not only be disappointed, but even a bit resentful that Dak didn't take that deal. How many more millions do you need?

Dak can also make significant money promoting, doing commercials. You are the starting quarterback of the most visible football team on the earth. What about leaving more money on the table to sign or acquire other play-makers if you care so much about the team and winning it all. It's all about working within the financial limitations of the cap.

If he is the cause of rejecting this offer, tag him, move up in the draft to snag a talented quarterback this season to hopefully effectively replace him the following season.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Since it's the off-season and we cannot seem to reach the Dak Prescott thread limit, I thought it would be fun to get a general summary of what everyone thinks.

As usual, I do not provide an "easy way out" option that most people would quickly choose such as "I want him back just not at that rate" because that's irrelevant and not realistic.

Let's just assume most fans would want him back for a low amount ..

So, the next question is, do you want Dak back at the rumored amount offered?
Definitely because this deal will look like a bargain when the new CBA is signed.

shabazz

Reaction score
Romo didn't choke? :lmao: Uhhh, he was nicknamed Chokemo for a reason.

When has Dak choked? Name any games.

I think you've got the players confused. :facepalm:

Lets go back to week 16 against the Eagles with the Division Title on the line. 3 Field goals/ no TD's against a garbage team. Choke Job on National TV.

Mediocre QB deserves mediocre salary.

jay94

Reaction score
Dak chokes EVERY time he has to face a tough pass rush.

Dak's team was overrated last year, he did everything he could while every other player's play stepped down. This is sounding like the Romo era again, the defense was BAD, the special teams was TERRIBLE. You're right though it was all DAK's fault. Nothing to do with the most overrated player in the league Ezekiel Elliott either.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lets go back to week 16 against the Eagles with the Division Title on the line. 3 Field goals/ no TD's against a garbage team. Choke Job on National TV.

Mediocre QB deserves mediocre salary.
Intentionally ignorant response as usual. You know Dak was playing with a torn shoulder and fractured throwing hand index finger, but let's play dumb again, shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.