CZ POLL Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Injury forced Romo's retirement. Your memory is just as bad as your opinions. .......which also explains your support for a guy who couldn't play well against anyone good.
lol. You're still butthurt. So obvious.

Injury forced Romo's retirement? He was fully healthy by November that 2016 season, yet was unable to get his starting role back, much less compete for it in practice. Ouch!

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
they have no choice to sign him its either that or complete rebuild you don't win without a qb

jay94

Reaction score
Injury forced Romo's retirement. Your memory is just as bad as your opinions. .......which also explains your support for a guy who couldn't play well against anyone good.

His best game of his career was vs the Broncos, and yet he got blamed for his efforts off the top of my head 56-48. 100% his fault.

quickccc

Reaction score
Contract and dollar reports and final deals has no barring in me wanting or not wanting Dak back.
He is gonna be paid the highest or among top 3 highest paid QBs in NFL.
That's just the market and nature of the business, league cap will go up, the next TV deal will the biggest yet, ..both sides prosper
and the next QB deal will be even larger and surpass Dak's record contract, if it's not Deshaun Watson, ..then it will surely be Pat Mahomes by far.

Is Dak gonna be overpaid as largest in NFL history, yep. I like him but he's not an elite QB and on the same level as Russell WIlson imo.
But he is still in top 10 overall, imo. and there's no question what he means to team, coaches, management and teammates, and they believe in him as a leader
and Dak has clearly set his value in the FA market. and you're gonna always the franchise QB on another NFL seeking to make their own QB the next highest paid in NFL.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If I'm Jerry I'm stopping all negotiations and this latest offer regardless of when it was actually offered, is the last one.. he was offered top 5 money at QB for being a top 10 QB, its beyond fair regardless who was signed last and you FEEL you are due up next money,..NOT!! this needs to stop...some owner needs to stop the bleeding at QB salaries..

be firm in informing them ,Sign or get FT and if im the Joneses I prepare for a hold out from Dak which will also prepare us to trade dak either this year or next and in 2021 we have a new starting QB..

Ive said all along Rush isnt a backup I feel can fill in as a longer term starter in a hold out or injurys to dak, so BRING IN A JOURNEYMEN LIKE FITZ, KEENUM, OR Marotta TYPE..then draft JHURTS IN TH 3RD/4TH ROUND AND I BELIEVE he can become a Dak, they are similar in many ways except at least Hurts played for two big time college programs and can even be more of a threat in the run game like a poor mans Ljackson..

However , even if Dak plays this year we can use Hurts like NO used Hill as a swiss army knife while he gets his feet wet in the NFL preparing for 2021 and we also have the Journeymen to be a starter or backup..NO did this with their 3 QBs not knowing if Brees would retire, why not us??

IMHO Daks way overvaluing himself and its causing a delay for 2 years now while the fans are blaming Jerry? that contract is more then fair no matter who looks at it..

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
His best game of his career was vs the Broncos, and yet he got blamed for his efforts off the top of my head 56-48. 100% his fault.

Think about what you just said. All Romo's fault for the Cowboys scoring 48 points and the DEFENSE giving up 56 points. Repeat the defense gave up 56 points and you want to blame 100% on Romo? What would it take for you to even look at the defense? Giving up 100 points?

basel90

Reaction score
Romo didn't choke? :lmao: Uhhh, he was nicknamed Chokemo for a reason.

When has Dak choked? Name any games.

I think you've got the players confused. :facepalm:
Dak choked in at least 6 games last year and the year before . Do you recall the losses to the jets , Buffalo , New England, Philadelphia etc etc . He threw the ball to the ground on a crucial 4th down if you recall and just walked of , he is simply not accurate. Someone convinced him he was a great QB ..

jay94

Reaction score
Think about what you just said. All Romo's fault for the Cowboys scoring 48 points and the DEFENSE giving up 56 points. Repeat the defense gave up 56 points and you want to blame 100% on Romo? What would it take for you to even look at the defense? Giving up 100 points?

I'm drunk, but your above statement was my point....

basel90

Reaction score
If I'm Jerry I'm stopping all negotiations and this latest offer regardless of when it was actually offered, is the last one.. he was offered top 5 money at QB for being a top 10 QB, its beyond fair regardless who was signed last and you FEEL you are due up next money,..NOT!! this needs to stop...some owner needs to stop the bleeding at QB salaries..

be firm in informing them ,Sign or get FT and if im the Joneses I prepare for a hold out from Dak which will also prepare us to trade dak either this year or next and in 2021 we have a new starting QB..

Ive said all along Rush isnt a backup I feel can fill in as a longer term starter in a hold out or injurys to dak, so BRING IN A JOURNEYMEN LIKE FITZ, KEENUM, OR Marotta TYPE..then draft JHURTS IN TH 3RD/4TH ROUND AND I BELIEVE he can become a Dak, they are similar in many ways except at least Hurts played for two big time college programs and can even be more of a threat in the run game like a poor mans Ljackson..

However , even if Dak plays this year we can use Hurts like NO used Hill as a swiss army knife while he gets his feet wet in the NFL preparing for 2021 and we also have the Journeymen to be a starter or backup..NO did this with their 3 QBs not knowing if Brees would retire, why not us??

IMHO Daks way overvaluing himself and its causing a delay for 2 years now while the fans are blaming Jerry? that contract is more then fair no matter who looks at it..
Very true . There are many alternatives to Dak in FA and the draft . Replacing an 8-8 QB with a big losing record against winning teams should not be that hard .

blueblood70

Reaction score
Very true . There are many alternatives to Dak in FA and the draft . Replacing an 8-8 QB with a big losing record against winning teams should not be that hard .
not saying there wont be any transitional bumps but we did go from Romo to dak and made it work, you use Zeke and Pollard correctly in both the run game and pass game with that oline and put a WR in the draft with Gallup and maybe AC, id say it could work out better in the long run..I like dak but this has become rediculious..

he wants it all big AAV, big guarantees, short deal etc etc.. im over it..im ready yo move on, IMO being very stubborn and selfish, its more then a fair deal for dak at this point in his career..if he plays well he will get a restructure in 3 years, show us a SB!!! Jerry will back up the truck

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Dak's team was overrated last year, he did everything he could while every other player's play stepped down. This is sounding like the Romo era again, the defense was BAD, the special teams was TERRIBLE. You're right though it was all DAK's fault. Nothing to do with the most overrated player in the league Ezekiel Elliott either.
Zeke is a lot more elite at his position than Dak is at QB

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

First I thank God you're not the Cowboys GM. Your choices for QB are those of a wannabe GM who watches from his couch in the back of the room. Two of them, Keenum and Ftizpatrick, are QB's that have never been able to hold a starting job always getting replaced with younger QB's. Keenum, SEVEN teams going on EIGHT in now a NINE year career. Fitzpatrick never been with the same team more than 2 years, 3 times which were 3 years in a row with the same team just ONE season. Mariota another high draft pick, 2nd over all pick, that turned out to be a bust. Now what makes those even funnier is they are your choices because you would let Prescott walk and then you say the Cowboys could trade him this season. Ya teams would just line up to offer the sky for a player that will not be under contract in 8 days. Letting the same QB walk that was the NFL offensive rookie of the year. The same QB that has been a starting QB for TWICE as long as either Keenum or Fitzpatrick combined while with the same team in their ENTIRE careers. Just let the QB that last season led the league for most of the season in passing yards, most completions of 20+ yards and 40+ yards. Just let the NUMBER ONE rank free agent this season walk.

You sure don't know NFL football so maybe you should stick to things you probably know much more about like checkers and hop scotch.

Status
Not open for further replies.