CZ POLL Do you want Dak Prescott back as quarterback in 2021?

Do you want Dak Prescott back as quarterback in 2021?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
After all the crap that is going on in the world...how do you even trust a poll here? Sorry....this looks like fake news....Anybody w/ a mind can see Dak isn't worth Mahomes money. Yet...this stupid poll...200+ wants Dak as their QB???? please....:rolleyes:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Whether I want Dak depends on the price it would take and the alternatives.

Reducing it to a poll just goes to the lowest common denominator - the "fan" who does nothing but feel, but cannot think. Lots of those here. :rolleyes:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak will get a contract for 37 mil a year, for 5 or 6 years. that is my prediction. and he will sign it.
then for better or worse that will be for the next 4-6 years he will be the guy. jerry likes his guys lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
After all the crap that is going on in the world...how do you even trust a poll here? Sorry....this looks like fake news....Anybody w/ a mind can see Dak isn't worth Mahomes money. Yet...this stupid poll...200+ wants Dak as their QB???? please....:rolleyes:
does that include jerry ????:huh:

Frozen700

Reaction score
If he wants a big contract no.

And if we can find another decent option, no.

He's an above average QB, that is being propped up to be a franchise QB. He's a slight notch above flacco, very slight. That's not good.

#DontpayDak

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak wouldn't accept that before, and we have to sign him or guarantee 38mil to get a look at him in camp.

I wouldn't push for him to go to camp if he's intent upon demanding more than what this team can accommodate and still be effective. We'll see what those in the FO handling the negotiations are able to do. It's a sure thing that we, as fans, aren't privy to having things our way. Let's hope Dak is willing to be fair to all concerned. Stephen will be doing the lion's share of the negotiating. He's, typically, not prone to being foolishly generous.

Last edited:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I answered the poll. I answered no. Are we able to see individual votes?

You answered no? We don't know, as you said, we can't see individual posts. I quote your post:
"It all depends on how his leg heals and how much money he wants.
I would like to have him back at a reasonable rate.
I do not want him back if the salary is over $32M.
He is a good leader but he just doesn't have the 'it' factor to take the team to the top without a good surrounding cast on defense.
Can't have both Dak at $35M and a good defense."

All the highlighted words are qualifiers. Nowhere does it say that you answered no. You now say "I answered no", that's all I wanted to know.

Thanks for the clarification...

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
yes but only because at this point we aint gonna be draftin high enough for Lawrence or Fields, or even Zach Wilson more than likely. So might as well sign him or tag him, hope like hell Tyron and La'el come back healthy, and try to draft this defense into at least approaching average. If the offense can put up numbers like they were before Dak and the oline went down, coupled with even just an average defense, we could make some noise next year.
Tyron always comes back healthy and then gets injured for part or most of the season. Time to replace Mr. Smith imho.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Those 3 won SBs. Yes, they are making the money with a cap that is not at $175M right now. Next year the cap goes down to $175M. Something has to give to get the numbers to work for all teams. The Cowboys need to spend money on defense. Giving Dak $35M doesn't allow money to improve the defense.

Dak was 1-3 with this defense and it was a lucky win against Atlanta. The NYG game was close in the 3rd quarter.
Dak could not win with this defense. Paying Dak big money will lead to the same result next year.

3 SBs has nothing to do with current defenses.

Dak also only lost by one score to the Rams and Seahawks, so that's also a bad argument.

If you sign Dak to a long term deal it cuts his CAP hit nearly in half. There is your savings to add to the defense. Then the CAP shoots back up post COVID and you're all good.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You answered no? We don't know, as you said, we can't see individual posts. I quote your post:
"It all depends on how his leg heals and how much money he wants.
I would like to have him back at a reasonable rate.
I do not want him back if the salary is over $32M.
He is a good leader but he just doesn't have the 'it' factor to take the team to the top without a good surrounding cast on defense.
Can't have both Dak at $35M and a good defense."

All the highlighted words are qualifiers. Nowhere does it say that you answered no. You now say "I answered no", that's all I wanted to know.

Thanks for the clarification...

Actually we can see how everyone voted. Just click on the votes in the poll and it will show you who voted yes and no.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Tyron always comes back healthy and then gets injured for part or most of the season. Time to replace Mr. Smith imho.

I can agree to that, but do you mean this upcoming season, with a free agent? Or replace him next year? Draft his replacement? A top free agent, if available would cost a huge amount. A rookie would have to get acclimated to the NFL, even a top pick wouldn't automatically be as good as Tyron, possibly. Experience counts for a lot, even for a LT.

If you mean draft a replacement and groom him to replace Tyron next year, then I would definitely agree.

Though his starting off well and then getting injured syndrome might not be the case since he had surgery, that might have corrected a big reason why he did come back healthy and then get injured. R&R does wonders for a lot of things, until you start stressing the body again. Surgery often eliminates the problem or at least greatly reduces the problem.

He's at the tail end of his career, at best, that's for sure. Another great player who's career was wasted by Jerry...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Precious few are worth Mahomes money, Dak's not alone in that. Though what someone's "worth" can be defined as what someone will pay. Is a high end Ferrari "worth" hundreds of thousands or even a million dollars? Not to me, when a $150,000 Corvette is the equal, or nearly the equal, of the Ferrari, performance-wise. (Looks are nearly entirely subjective, can't really speak to what people think about that). I couldn't say the Ferrari is worth it. But people do pay it, obviously to them it is "worth" it. If Dallas did pay Dak Mahomes money, then by some definitions he would be "worth" it.

Actually I don't think Mahomes is worth his contract, either, over $140,000,00 guaranteed, the injury and other risks are big, for an NFL player. Basically the Chiefs are betting the house that Mahomes can deliver at least another 3 SBs, otherwise he's getting paid a huge amount of money for a pretty good career, but not an exceptional one, which $450 million should buy you.

As far as the "200+" is concerned (and I'm one of them, though I did say I'm speaking to this year only at this time), that is, according to the results so far, over 3/4 of the voters. If you don't share their opinion, fine, but dissing over 3/4 of the people who voted isn't necessary or useful....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
3 SBs has nothing to do with current defenses.

Dak also only lost by one score to the Rams and Seahawks, so that's also a bad argument.

If you sign Dak to a long term deal it cuts his CAP hit nearly in half. There is your savings to add to the defense. Then the CAP shoots back up post COVID and you're all good.

I suspect there are a lot of teams that are just going to ask players to "bear with us" this next year, if the cap is $175 million, it is a pretty good bet that it will go back up for the 2022 season, now that a Covid vaccine is being rolled out, and maybe even the 2021 season, which doesn't start for 9 months. And I also suspect a lot of players will go along with "bear with us".

But who knows, still a lot of uncertainty...

Aven8

Reaction score
I'm glad you brought that up. There's been many times over the past three seasons where I've thought to myself "we would win this if Romo was playing"

Romo was my favorite player. His body just couldn’t hold up unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.