CZ POLL Do You Want Dallas In The Playoffs Next Month?

Your Opinion

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_D

Reaction score
Here is my unfiltered opinion.

1. I don't give a rats arse about the argument that the playoffs brings money to the city of Arlington.

2. We don't deserve a playoff spot, it's an embarrassment that we potentially be given one.

3. I'm a HUGE fan and realize Garrett is beyond horrible and always has been, so the fewer the games possible it takes for him to be gone the better.

4. Jerry deserves total humiliation based on his actions toward this franchise as well as us fans and the media

5. With Urban Meyer potentially waiting in the wings, I can't wait to get this season over and done with so we can hear some real talk on Carrotts replacement.

This joke needs to end asap. It truly is embarrassing. I rather have a new coach and the pick then keep this clown another second.

johneric8

Reaction score
This joke needs to end asap. It truly is embarrassing. I rather have a new coach and the pick then keep this clown another second.
Here is the thing boss, it doesn't take a genius to realize that Garrett and Jones had deal worked out before the season started with a handshake that unless things got turned around he was going to have to go in a new direction. Think about it for a second, if you're Jason Garrett, you have no problem accepting this because you understand you've had more than enough time to coach the team to the super bowl.

At this point, Jason knows he is gone, so does the team, and everyone involved in the organization. If you watch Jason's demeanor over on the sidelines and during press conferences it's very obvious he is humiliated and embarrassed because he knows he failed. Make no mistake about it, things are uncomfortable between Jerry and Jason and this 100% why the team has lost it's purpose and edge. There is also no doubt this will continue through the rest of the season as everything plays out.

Lets forget Jerry and his meddling here for a second and see things truly for what they are. Jason failed, he couldn't get it done, his process failed, his message is stale, and he has proven to be a middle of the road coach with zero upside. I agree with you in the sense that this has been incredibly difficult to take as a fan, knowing this wink and a handshake Garrett and Jerry have had all along.

Big_D

Reaction score
Here is the thing boss, it doesn't take a genius to realize that Garrett and Jones had deal worked out before the season started with a handshake that unless things got turned around he was going to have to go in a new direction. Think about it for a second, if you're Jason Garrett, you have no problem accepting this because you understand you've had more than enough time to coach the team to the super bowl.

At this point, Jason knows he is gone, so does the team, and everyone involved in the organization. If you watch Jason's demeanor over on the sidelines and during press conferences it's very obvious he is humiliated and embarrassed because he knows he failed. Make no mistake about it, things are uncomfortable between Jerry and Jason and this 100% why the team has lost it's purpose and edge. There is also no doubt this will continue through the rest of the season as everything plays out.

Lets forget Jerry and his meddling here for a second and see things truly for what they are. Jason failed, he couldn't get it done, his process failed, his message is stale, and he has proven to be a middle of the road coach with zero upside. I agree with you in the sense that this has been incredibly difficult to take as a fan, knowing this wink and a handshake Garrett and Jerry have had all along.

No doubt. Jerry's intentions with Garrett way back in 2007 were clear from day 1. Jason failed and the only one surprised by that is Jerry. That's the problem.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
My answer is yes.

As bad as the Cowboys have been, 8-8 or 9-7 is still very possible. And if they can get hot in the playoffs, anything can happen. See the 2011 Giants. It's not likely, but it's not unprecedented.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Again, move along, as I've seen in other posts you are just here to troll with no actual knowledge. Please stop, it's embarrassing. We had 3 straight 5-11 seasons. Parcells took the team to the playoffs the next year. Then in another year was a Romo snap from moving on. We went from talentless with no direction and he literally got us players..star and roll who started getting back on track. Try watching the below video. Learn something.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/deep-blue-parcells-final-ride

https://thelandryhat.com/2018/08/21/dallas-cowboys-10-thoughts-deep-blue-parcells/

Again you have a serious problem understanding simple things. I've now said THREE times that Parcells upgraded the talent. The HUGE difference is upgrading and the players that you claim were actual stars. Except for the two I agreed on, the rest either went to zero Pro Bowls or maybe a single one in their last year with the Cowboys long after Parcells was gone. So was it Parcells that developed those late ones or was it who was coaching at the time? And again stop trying to credit Parcells with Romo. EVERYONE knows that it was Sean Payton who got Romo to Dallas. Romo didn't get in until after Parcells last season started because Parcells finally had enough of the has been Bledsoe that was Parcells big change at QB. Yes Parcells first season he got the Cowboys a wildcard spot and lost that game. The next 3 seasons never reaching double digit wins in any year, but getting them to another wildcard game his last season and they lost.

So lets see. Parcells definitely upgraded the team and out of all that upgrading managed just 2 legit stars (again everyone credits Payton for Romo), never won a divisional title or won a playoff game.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Again you have a serious problem understanding simple things. I've now said THREE times that Parcells upgraded the talent. The HUGE difference is upgrading and the players that you claim were actual stars. Except for the two I agreed on, the rest either went to zero Pro Bowls or maybe a single one in their last year with the Cowboys long after Parcells was gone. So was it Parcells that developed those late ones or was it who was coaching at the time? And again stop trying to credit Parcells with Romo. EVERYONE knows that it was Sean Payton who got Romo to Dallas. Romo didn't get in until after Parcells last season started because Parcells finally had enough of the has been Bledsoe that was Parcells big change at QB. Yes Parcells first season he got the Cowboys a wildcard spot and lost that game. The next 3 seasons never reaching double digit wins in any year, but getting them to another wildcard game his last season and they lost.

So lets see. Parcells definitely upgraded the team and out of all that upgrading managed just 2 legit stars (again everyone credits Payton for Romo), never won a divisional title or won a playoff game.

Hey you flipping clown! Where did I say they were stars? Never once! Show me!! Your argument was that Parcells did nothing but bring in trash like Anderson at RB etc. See your troll post below

Has been Drew Bledsoe is that big change at QB. Yes the Cowboys signed Romo but he didn't get his chance until Parcells last season. Gee maybe you were talking about another has been RB Richie Anderson that Parcells brought to the Cowboys. Again all this talent you claim he brought in and this culture change didn't produce even a single division title or playoff win in his 4 years as head coach.

I responded with ALL THE PEOPLE he drafted that made contributions and changed the talent structure! Truth! You then twisted that into an argument about stars. You can’t even keep up with your own trolling. Go back to your RIF class and move along. Your spinning trash son. You say two stars but in different years all off those guys contributed in large ways and got it where Wade had a stock of players. He went from 3 5-11 seasons to laying a foundation and changing their mindset. Witten has said as much and it was my original post to you that simply stated the same...he changed the direction of the franchise and added talent. You’re wrong and took something never posted and ran. Are you going to change your stance again ? And by the way Payton was a Parcells guy who brought in Romo. How does that not count. Part of his coaching tree Holmes

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Hey you flipping clown! Where did I say they were stars? Never once! Show me!! Your argument was that Parcells did nothing but bring in trash like Anderson at RB etc. See your troll post below

I responded with ALL THE PEOPLE he drafted that made contributions and changed the talent structure! Truth! You then twisted that into an argument about stars. You can’t even keep up with your own trolling. Go back to your RIF class and move along. Your spinning trash son. You say two stars but in different years all off those guys contributed in large ways and got it where Wade had a stock of players. He went from 3 5-11 seasons to laying a foundation and changing their mindset. Witten has said as much and it was my original post to you that simply stated the same...he changed the direction of the franchise and added talent. You’re wrong and took something never posted and ran. Are you going to change your stance again ? And by the way Payton was a Parcells guy who brought in Romo. How does that not count. Part of his coaching tree Holmes

Oh I see, Payton after several conversations convinces Parcells and Jones into signing Romo and you want to still give Parcell credit just because he was the head coach who had no plans to even consider Romo if it wasn't for Payton. I originally asked if two has been players, Bledsor and Anderson were the players you were referring to on bringing in the talent. I've also said several times that Parcells did upgrade the Cowboys but it was you who then listed several players of which only 2 were legit stars. It's been you who keeps insisting that players who never went to a single Pro Bowl were this great talent. Now I've also said several times that those players were an upgrade but have disagreed that they were actual stars. How do you classify players who don't go to the Pro Bowl or even lead the league in something as stars. As I've said before being an upgrade does not automatically raise you to being a star, just an upgrade. Now you may not have actually used the word star but you certainly implied that they were.

Paradox

Reaction score
I guarantee Jerry is moving on from Garrett, unless he miraculously helps lead our team into the Super Bowl.

Indeed. He uses fancy drunken rants to dance around the subject, but anyone that has listened to him frequently should be able to hear his wavering. Jerry is being widely blamed for this debacle and he doesn't like that at all. He'll get a better coach and they're already looking. He's not renewing Garrett's contract without a ring.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Oh I see, Payton after several conversations convinces Parcells and Jones into signing Romo and you want to still give Parcell credit just because he was the head coach who had no plans to even consider Romo if it wasn't for Payton. I originally asked if two has been players, Bledsor and Anderson were the players you were referring to on bringing in the talent. I've also said several times that Parcells did upgrade the Cowboys but it was you who then listed several players of which only 2 were legit stars. It's been you who keeps insisting that players who never went to a single Pro Bowl were this great talent. Now I've also said several times that those players were an upgrade but have disagreed that they were actual stars. How do you classify players who don't go to the Pro Bowl or even lead the league in something as stars. As I've said before being an upgrade does not automatically raise you to being a star, just an upgrade. Now you may not have actually used the word star but you certainly implied that they were.

This is my last message to you because your denseness knows no bounds. You just brought up great stars and talent AGAIN! I NEVER USED THE WORD STARS troll! Players in the NFL who have productive careers can be integral in a team. Not once was Pro Bowls mentioned. You were smarting off about players like he did nothing. Every NFL team is made up of a majority of role and good players with stars mixed in. When Campo had 3 straight 5-11 seasons we had no talent. Parcells drafted all those guys who built a foundation that lasted through Wade and even Garrett. I’m not sure why you keep mentioning stars and pro bowls when they just needed talent and fit in general. This is common sense football which you don’t possess. Please go troll elsewhere. He changed the narrative which any google search will show you

Paradox

Reaction score
I see every day people that write things like the Cowboys need a Parcells type coach but here's what's funny, not ha ha funny, that Parcells never even won a division title and had never won a playoff game while coach of the Cowboys.

The point here is be careful for what you wish for because there's no guarantees that the next coach is going to win more.

I don't know if someone already responded to this, but Parcells built the team and quit before he got to use it. The coaches that followed rode out that talent. Parcells built the team we had in 2007.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well you need a better poll.
1.make playoffs, lose WC
2.make playoffs, win WC
3.make playoffs, win WC lose div round
4.make playoffs, win WC win div round
5.make playoffs, win WC win champ round go to SB
6.make playoffs, win WC win all go to SB and win it too! lol

Due to the coaching situation I would choose # 3]

I said yes in this limited poll, but I dont want them getting past div round.
But I do want them to make playoffs, as that would mean 1 or 2 dallas playoff games, and then jerry will
get all excited, be thinking SB only to be let down again ! He needs that.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't know if someone already responded to this, but Parcells built the team and quit before he got to use it. The coaches that followed rode out that talent. Parcells built the team we had in 2007.
yeah and the team he took over had O talent on offense and was a total mess , but had a decent defense.
If they get the right HC to take over here, the talent is already here for most part.
As long as they dont get a 3-4 def coach.
Parcells had to do a big rebuild, the next HC of cowboys wont have to rebuild, just modify a little.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If we miss the playoffs and lose the East...……...GARRETT IS GONE.

If we win the East and make the playoffs...……..GARRETT MIGHT BE GONE.

That is why only 44% of this board voted YES to make the playoff, the majority aint willing to take the chance.

Either way Jerry and Stephen aren't going anywhere. Garrett is a symptom, they're the disease.

Take a playoff spot when you can get one because that's as good as it gets for the 21st century Cowboys. Maybe they'll get lucky (not likely) or Jerry gets embarrassed on national TV again (likely).

Draft position? I'd hate to miss out on the next Taco Charlton or Trysten Hill after people spend months fantasizing about other guys. That would be a shame.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Draft position? I'd hate to miss out on the next Taco Charlton or Trysten Hill after people spend months fantasizing about other guys. That would be a shame.
^ This.

Jones has been stuck in neutral for three decades, unwilling to allow fresh perspective management to replace his own to oversee talent acquisition. Coincidentally, some people are stuck in neutral, unwilling to accept they have zero influence in making so-called 'better odds through losing' net best available players in the draft months away.

Dallas could lose game(s), gain a higher draft slot, and select best available players. Dallas could win games, gain a lower draft slot, and select busts. Or both could be vice versa. Or Dallas could be one or the other and Jones might trade up or down in either situation in a few or during to all rounds.

No one knows what will happen months from now. What everyone knows right now, in the present, is that the Cowboys finishes the season against the Rams, Eagles and Washington. In sports, winning is always better than losing. And as always, fate will decide what shall happen in the future, good or bad, regardless of the events in the here-and-now.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yep. A well-constructed argument can be made that a descriptor like 'most' or similar can be realistically used concerning the subject, even with the typical undecided option included.

Stating 'everyone', 'all of us', yada yada yada, is both unnecessary and an exaggeration. There is a difference in opinion and Captain Obvious would agree. Why does anyone assert something that is not true just to publicize their thoughts on this or any other topic? That is always my question, which often motivates me into creating polls.
The majority of fans on this site want to lose the division to the Eagles, like you said, the numbers don’t lie.

That should scare the crap out of Jerry into making changes, the million dollar question is will it?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Don't care. Have found better things to do than watch these games through to the end.

I can handle losing but watching players like Jaylon dog it game after game and not only avoid censure but allowed to appeal for accolades is making me hate this team. Gallup drops, finesse blocking, poor tackling, player regression, simple schemes paired with poor execution, and Witten still getting 80% of snaps makes me hate it too.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The majority of fans on this site want to lose the division to the Eagles, like you said, the numbers don’t lie.

That should scare the crap out of Jerry into making changes, the million dollar question is will it?
Your claim is only true, if you tally up each member who voted in the undecided category, with a posted comment supporting losing, calculate those, add them to the No category, and having the resulting total more than the total shown in the Yes category.

I am not saying you are wrong but you are also only correct with supporting data in this poll. Not slightly off-topic but I am completely guilty of including a wishy-washy third option. My first impulse is making polls with yea or nay options only. However, creating polls always attract the 'you shoulda added yada yada yada too' comments so I did.

The exclusion of a third option would have left zero doubt at this point. I gotta start sticking to my guns more with polls. :mad::)

Status
Not open for further replies.