CZ POLL Do you want Mike McCarthy fired?

Do you want Mike McCarthy fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadenough

Reaction score
At this point I don't care anymore! They can bring back Garrett and I could care less. Same results!

duane33

Reaction score
I want Kellen Moore to get a head coaching job. I want McCarthy to run the offense. Bring the West Coast scheme to Dallas.
Being the 2nd most penalized team in sports, and some extremely questionable clock decisions I'm fine with him going bye bye.
Needs to go. Same as Garrett, no discipline on team. Last good coach they had was Parcells, took a bad team to the playoffs. JJ drove him out

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MM is not great but we cannot begin to blame him for all the troubles this team faces year in and year out. We all know the real issue is at the top.

thats the catch-22. Sure it's clearly not all his fault as the teams been a joke for 25 years BUT if MM can't win with this team where so many things happened in their favor, he probably won't win when they start losing key players in this offseason, so might as well roll the dice again...

duane33

Reaction score
MM is not great but we cannot begin to blame him for all the troubles this team faces year in and year out. We all know the real issue is at the top.
Rex Ryan on last play, “ do these guys even practice this play”?
Coaching staff sucks.
Have 2 players that are highest paid at their positions( Dak + Cooper) and can’t make plays when u need them

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Jerruh isnt the reason they had 14 penalties today. Nor is he the reason Dak didnt show up against a good team the entire second half of the season.
Yes he is, he signed the scrub to a starter’s contract.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Jerruh isnt the reason they had 14 penalties today. Nor is he the reason Dak didnt show up against a good team the entire second half of the season.

Jerry establishes the undisciplined environment that leads to 14 penalties. I agree that he isn’t the reason Dak didn’t play well against good teams. That is on the coaches.

Homer

Reaction score
Where is the "it doesn't matter" option?

The people who need fired aren't ever going away.

this

26 years and this team has been one of the most undisciplined teams year after year.

whats the one constant?

Jerry got got his money. That was his main concern especially if you go based on his quote about wanting this game to have the best attendance ever. Who cares about that? Only he does.

this is his culture

I’m too lazy to look it up but I’m willing to bet one of the parcell teams was likely to be the most disciplined. But either way, nothing will change if we bring somebody new.

Miguelitomama

Reaction score
I have never played football, not surprising given that I'm a 5'4" female who grew up in Dallas during the 1970s. Anyway, I have always read the adage that penalties reflect poor coaching. Having never played this game (Madden doesn't count), I can't say for certain whether that is true but I have to wonder why this team is so prone to mental lapses. Dak should have handed the ball to the umpire and he should know to do that; on the other hand, it was a terrible play call. At least with an incompletion you stop the clock.

I am also wondering why McCarthy and company didn't have this team more prepared. There were too many mental lapses. We beat ourselves with inane penalties and a lack of preparation for San Francisco's run game. That first drive of the game, in which they tore through this defense like butter, shows that we either need a better defensive line or we need coaches who can better prepare the players that we have.

I am truly fed up with this offensive line. Dak was under pressure constantly. They were penalized again and again, and I'm not buying into any persecution narratives saying that the referees were out to blast us. I honestly don't know why, given how frequently he was rushed in the pocket, that Moore and/or McCarthy didn't call a few draw plays.

Fire McCarthy, and use the draft to build a better offensive line.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
The only part of this I'll respond to is the WR part. How does a bad throw (if it even was a bad throw, as opposed to Pollard running the wrong route) translate to a HC being bad? The play design was excellent, IMO (and that was most likely Moore's doing). It was just poorly executed.
It falls under preparedness. It's one play, but it went embarrassingly bad... a common outcome with this team.

You said yourself, it was poorly executed. Don't you get tired of poor execution with this team?

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm not. We literally still have fans who pine for Garrett and that never wanted him fired.

LOL, I too was wondering how 146 people think he should come back.

Multiple posters have said all year as McCarthy continued to botch end of half and end of game situations that his clock management would eventually bite us in a big spot. We saw it on full display yesterday where he OK'd a QB draw, in part because they "practiced" it and thought the refs would give them time back, with only 14 seconds.

Now, it's unlikely we win even if makes the right calls there but regardless, what he did was a classic Mike McCarthy time management gaffe.

Any fan who wants him back is being silly. Don't get pissy next year when McCarthy botches more games and people complain about him. You ask for this if you want him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.