CZ POLL Do you want Romo to start the next game or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start the next game or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke21

Reaction score
I said NO. Keep Dak in this week.

But here is a scenario where I feel pretty sure they would bring in Romo later.
If Dallas' loses 1 or 2 of the last 3 and the offense looks sluggish, then we get to the playoffs and things are looking ugly in the first game by half time, Romo will be asked to bail us out. That could easily happen if that opponent ended up being New York. In fact, the end of season tailspin in the last 3 games may not even need to happen in that scenario.

A lot of "ifs" there, but if it played out that way, I feel certain they'd make the switch.
Right now it seems as though the organisation is so stuck that they may not make the switch no matter what is happening.

Also I don't want Romo coming back in with only a week worth of snaps before the playoffs start. I really think you watch Dak in the first half of this weeks game and then make the call. Give Romo the second half against the Bucs and then the full Lions game. That should answer all the questions that are currently going around.

Worst thing that happens is that Romo gets hurt or stinks it up.. and then you go back to a rested Dak. I'm not sure why there is so much fear about trying Tony under centre.. almost an irrational fear that Romo will come in and look better than Dak and that ruins their Dak fantasy or something..

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
No but I can guarantee you we won't get worse than what we've seen here the last 3 games. It's just a question of whether he can take a hit anymore.

I'd give Prescott these next two games to show any talent whatsoever. Then I'd roll the dice on Romo if he doesn't. Then it's back to the QB drawing board in the offseason. This experiment failed.

You'd be ready to move on from Dak Prescott just because he has another bad outing or two?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Right now it seems as though the organisation is so stuck that they may not make the switch no matter what is happening.

I'm not sure why there is so much fear about trying Tony under centre.. almost an irrational fear that Romo will come in and look better than Dak and that ruins their Dak fantasy or something..

You have hit the nail on the head and is something I pointed out earlier. Those who are in favor of getting Romo back in there simply want him to have a chance to compete. Additionally, they would have no problem going back to Dak if Romo isn't able to perform up to his usual standards. Meanwhile, those in favor of keeping Dak in largely take the stance that it's "all or nothing" with Dak, and do not support even looking at Romo in any way, shape or form.

That tells you all you need to know.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You have hit the nail on the head and is something I pointed out earlier. Those who are in favor of getting Romo back in there simply want him to have a chance to compete. Additionally, they would have no problem going back to Dak if Romo isn't able to perform up to his usual standards. Meanwhile, those in favor of keeping Dak in largely take the stance that it's "all or nothing" with Dak, and do not support even looking at Romo in any way, shape or form.

That tells you all you need to know.
WHO has said all or nothing? ive not seen that yet.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Also I don't want Romo coming back in with only a week worth of snaps before the playoffs start. I really think you watch Dak in the first half of this weeks game and then make the call. Give Romo the second half against the Bucs and then the full Lions game. That should answer all the questions that are currently going around.

Worst thing that happens is that Romo gets hurt or stinks it up.. and then you go back to a rested Dak. I'm not sure why there is so much fear about trying Tony under centre.. almost an irrational fear that Romo will come in and look better than Dak and that ruins their Dak fantasy or something..

Jerry has big onions.
He should make the move now.

I've got his speech prepared.

"Good afternoon... today we are here because we want to talk about two special players on the Dallas Cowboys...

We have two outstanding quarterbacks.... one you may know very well in Tony Romo and one is a newcomer that has blown up his rookie season ....

And ubb... ubb... has put us in a great position....

Dak has had an amazing run and I feel I can safely say, unequivocally that he is our future....

But with that said...

We are NOT done with our past....

So to get to the point of why I brought y'all here ...

Today, I am announcing that Tony Romo is once again... the starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys.

We feel that Tony gives us the best chance to WIN NOW!

Please exit to your right to get tickets for our two playoff home games. Divisional and NFC Championship games...

See y'all in Houston!"

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Romo hasn't been able to complete a game against a tough defense in the past year and a half, but he's supposed to come in, take all of these hits and shred tough defenses?

You're right about the finishing a game in a year and half part and I'd hate seeing him crumpled up /cracked down carted off the field
ALMOST as bad as I'd hate seeing Hillary Clinton being the President of the U.S.
But there is something that nobody or only a fraction of the maybe .5% knows /factors in ,,,ROMO has never been threatened in his position as quarterback of the Dallas cowboys till Dak rolled up on him,considering his competitive spirit and passion for the game ,(I personally was completely floored upon him coming out publicly to give his "concession speech" and meekly surrender the cockpit)
There is a fire lit in his back pockets that burns/transcends the simple desire to go play somewhere else,,,OH,NO! Tony ROMO is a DALLAS COWBOY and he's got something for the mo-fo's who've dismissed him from their memories like a pet dog they had at age 5 and He's gonna illustrate it in blinding fashion should the evil forces/chains that bindeth him to the bench be loosed,,,,in the immortal words of MR.T,,,"I PITY THE FOOL" Who fields a team on the other side of the L.O.S. when #9 is under center.

ROMO luv rant,over!

kumizi

Reaction score
Way too early for a change.

Another crap game from Dak and it's 50/50

Another 2 crap games from Dak and you gotta get Romo in there against Philly to get ready.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I wouldn't put Romo back in unless Dak can't play. I want to see him finish what he started. He's a rookie, he will only get better. Yes he sucked vs the Giants.. It happens. Damn, in my opinion Eli Manning played a lot worse than Dak. I'm shocked he still won. The luckiest QB in the NFL, aside from Brady.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
The poll is back. Yea! :D

In my opinion, a good starter should not lose his job due to injury. Every player should be judged by performance. Romo should have been benched if he had been re-inserted as the starter and stunk it up, That situation did not happen because certain people--some fans, media, and even the front office--allowed themselves to get swept up in the euphoria of winning.

The front office decided to roll with Prescott. It was a huge decision. It was a long-term franchise level decision. Now, they and everyone else should learn to live with that decision. For better or worse. Don't undercut Prescott's development simply because he's confronting the usual rookie struggles. Seek consistency. Solidify the position. Don't mishandle it. Again.

Certainly, I disagree with the decision because I have always lived by the unwritten sports rule I mentioned earlier. A risk was taken. Risks always come with possible ramifications. And who knows? The risk may pay off sooner rather than later. We'll all see eventually.

I agree with you to a point. I agree that they made their decision, right or wrong (I think wrong as well) so they should see it through. But on the other hand, they have a great opportunity to win #6 this year. And Dak is a big part of that and he is the future. But if he struggles, like all rookies do, I think you owe it to the other 51 players on the team to do what ever is needed to win #6, if that means pulling Dak and starting Romo, you do that. If that means you sit Dez, you do that. The team deserves every opportunity to reach and fulfill their promise and if it is clear Dak is not ready for that at this point in his career, you have to go with Romo. If we go one and done in the playoffs, with a close game and another bad game from Dak with Romo just sitting there, that would be a huge slap in the face to the other 51 players on the team that have worked all season.

romothesavior

Reaction score
I really think you watch Dak in the first half of this weeks game and then make the call.

This.

If you're going to do the switch, do it either at halftime of the Bucs game or for the Lions game the next week. Waiting until the playoffs is way too late. And I think waiting until Philly is also a terrible idea.

I disagree with you that the organization is stuck though. Jerry and Jason both love Romo and will not hesitate to pull the trigger if needed.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Romo let us down. Lol at his die hard fans saying he deserves anything.He SCREWED US last year and would've this year if Dak didn't save us. It's his fault he's in the position he's in. Dak has been reliable (something Romo hasn't been for 2 years in a row). If Dak atinks it up again next game for the whole game then I'd make the change. If we win regardless of his play I'm not making the change though. You play to win the game.
What still the guru said mates!
Healthwise, Romo is just plain undependable!
Dak has taken us thus far, not Tony.
Tony needs a new start in Cleveland, heh. What other team would bih his bag of goods?
Going on 37. Multiple skeletal injuries. Creaky from 1 1/2 years on the sidelines. A playoffs record that doesn't mesure up even to Bernie Kosar's! A crushing drag on the salary cap.
Let another team buy it. Yes, we'll be liable next year for paying him a king's ransom.
But at some point, we have got to end our codependency with Romo, Mr. Great Personal Stats but horrific when it comes to Decembers and the playoffs!
Mates, Dak is our man! He has brought us here! Dez's drops have left a stain that is not all Dak's!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
You're right about the finishing a game in a year and half part and I'd hate seeing him crumpled up /cracked down carted off the field
ALMOST as bad as I'd hate seeing Hillary Clinton being the President of the U.S.
But there is something that nobody or only a fraction of the maybe .5% knows /factors in ,,,ROMO has never been threatened in his position as quarterback of the Dallas cowboys till Dak rolled up on him,considering his competitive spirit and passion for the game ,(I personally was completely floored upon him coming out publicly to give his "concession speech" and meekly surrender the cockpit)
There is a fire lit in his back pockets that burns/transcends the simple desire to go play somewhere else,,,OH,NO! Tony ROMO is a DALLAS COWBOY and he's got something for the mo-fo's who've dismissed him from their memories like a pet dog they had at age 5 and He's gonna illustrate it in blinding fashion should the evil forces/chains that bindeth him to the bench be loosed,,,,in the immortal words of MR.T,,,"I PITY THE FOOL" Who fields a team on the other side of the L.O.S. when #9 is under center.

ROMO luv rant,over!

I ain't crazy about the end of your post :)

The beginning of your. Tony Romo seems to be, IMO, the guy who goes out on his shield. He's proven that. It's admirable in its own way.

With that said... someone made a Dark Knight Rises video with Tony Romo a few years back...

He gets broken (it's happened a few times already)
He is told he has given them everything.
He replies, "not everything"

HE COMES BACK...

The ending, while unclear... for me.... is he gets us what WE want... what HE wants... what we deserve.

An ending that involves Super Bowl win.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Romo hasn't played a meaningful snap in over a year, we would not be getting 2014 Romo at this point it would probably take weeks to knock the rust off

You would get a Romo that has a work horse in Elliot that would help immensely in Romo slowwwwwly getting it together.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with you to a point. I agree that they made their decision, right or wrong (I think wrong as well) so they should see it through. But on the other hand, they have a great opportunity to win #6 this year. And Dak is a big part of that and he is the future. But if he struggles, like all rookies do, I think you owe it to the other 51 players on the team to do what ever is needed to win #6, if that means pulling Dak and starting Romo, you do that. If that means you sit Dez, you do that. The team deserves every opportunity to reach and fulfill their promise and if it is clear Dak is not ready for that at this point in his career, you have to go with Romo. If we go one and done in the playoffs, with a close game and another bad game from Dak with Romo just sitting there, that would be a huge slap in the face to the other 51 players on the team that have worked all season.
If the front office had ever taken the players' feelings into consideration, they would have made the switch to Romo when he was ready to play. Any and all struggles that have or will confront Prescott should have been anticipated before the decision was made to keep him as the starter. If they cared that any of the players would regret a decision that had a high probability of not succeeding, they would not have made it in my opinion. That's why I think not making the switch at the appropriate time says the front office believed Prescott was and is the best quarterback option now and into the future.

However, the Don't Mess With Chemistry qualifier was a poor one. It was shortsighted and completely negated any argument that could be made for reliance on proven experience. The Pro Football Hall of Fame is filled with bronze busts of hall of fame quarterbacks with hall of fame careers filled with wins--some involving NFL championships--and losses. In essence, Jones and Garrett's decision was a gamble that Prescott could do what no other proven veteran NFL quarterback has done before--win a championship during their rookie season.

They have already gambled on the 2016 season. The only thing stopping the gamble from paying off is an eventual loss that sends the team off packing for the offseason. I say this because there is zero way of knowing if keeping Prescott behind center won't pay off if-and-until it doesn't. Jones and Garrett rolled the dice. They have been rolling the dice. And I doubt they will stop rolling the dice--no matter how much empathy or compassion they have for the players.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

True but then you could say the same thing if Dak is benched and Romo comes in and plays a bad game and they lose. Seems to me if the Cowboys do not win it all they will be criticized either way. If Dak is starting and they lose Dallas was stupid for not putting in Romo but if they put in Romo and lose people will claim how stupid it was to bench Dak who put this team in the position to start with.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
No but I can guarantee you we won't get worse than what we've seen here the last 3 games. It's just a question of whether he can take a hit anymore.

I'd give Prescott these next two games to show any talent whatsoever. Then I'd roll the dice on Romo if he doesn't. Then it's back to the QB drawing board in the offseason. This experiment failed.

It's a stretch to think DP was a 1 year experiment. I'm not saying it's out of the question he could be replaced eventually but it's not like he's received an injury like rg3 or something.

Using your logic, the eagles should go back to the qb drawing board in the offseason. Wentz after all was worse stastically and record wise this year despite being more "talented." The eagles will also miss the playoffs.

According to you the wentz project has failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.