CZ POLL Do you want Romo to start the next game or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start the next game or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

romothesavior

Reaction score
If you are going to go make a switch, that would likely be too late - we'd have squandered HFA.
Agreed. I think if the Tampa game is in the balance and the offense is struggling, you make the switch in the second half.

Limping into the playoffs and losing out on HFA would be devastating for this team.

romothesavior

Reaction score
Romo let us down. Lol at his die hard fans saying he deserves anything.He SCREWED US last year and would've this year if Dak didn't save us. It's his fault he's in the position he's in. Dak has been reliable (something Romo hasn't been for 2 years in a row). If Dak atinks it up again next game for the whole game then I'd make the change. If we win regardless of his play I'm not making the change though. You play to win the game.
How, pray tell, did Romo "screw us" last year?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Beast...they didn't botch this at that time. It is what most people would have done-stay with the hot hand. I was for staying with Dak too even though I thought Romo was our best bet in January.

The botching might take place next week if Dak struggles again and they stubbornly stay with him leading to a first game exit. There is no reason for the Jones' to say anything right now other than that Dak is the guy. Things can and will change fast behind the scenes....if those wheels haven't started turning already.

I repeat, nothing has been botched..............................yet. If Dallas sticks with Dak while he is playing bad all the way to the end, that is a botch.

This is a fluid situation and maybe Dallas lights it up next week and all is forgotten. Stranger things have happened :D

If they stick with Dak and we get eliminated in the playoffs, Dak hasn't seen the backlash he is going to get from a large section of the fan base. There was even a caller on Talkin Cowboys that said if we want to go to the SB we have to put Romo in.

That is the prevailing opinion on a lot of Cowboy sites right now, so if they stick with Dak they better realize what they are doing because if we don't make it to Houston, Dak is going to be blamed for the rest of his career if we never get this close again.

That was the botch, naming Dak the permanent starter and letting Romo go out there and do a concession speech basically. Dak is now expected to play at a probowl level and if he doesn't, its going to get very uncomfortable for him with a large percentage of the fan base. May not be fair, but it is what it is.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I said all season Romo should get his spot back. I never let the media and win streak blind side me from evaluating each player individually. Dak for most of the year has been an efficient game manager. That's great for a rookie. He's the future of the franchise but that time isn't now. in the process he did nothing Romo couldn't do in his limited playing style. He refuses to throw the ball downfield and often opts to dink and dunk. Only Jay cutler who missed most of the year had fewer downfield attempts then Dak. He also outside of QBR, which can heavily be skewed as high In his favor due to his game manager style, he was low ranking in mostly every other passing statistical category, especially the first half of the year. He did gradually improve in some of those areas but not consistently and unlike Romo who's normally always top 5 in those same areas. All the dinking and dunking and open receivers missed all game are easy to ignore when your winning. He left points on the field for weeks Romo wouldn't have but we ignored in name of the streak.

this team is fueled by the run. You slow down the run and blitz Dak and he looks like a deer in headlights. The Giants made him look shell shocked twice this year especially last night. How did he look vs Philly when they blitzed him early? Same in Pittsburgh? It wasn't until the run picked up he was able to muster anything and those are so so defenses. When Minnesota was able to stop the run most of the game as well the hiders all nights yesterday he couldn't do anything. You think other teams aren't watching this? You think they won't bring the kitchen sink at a rookie come playoff time

It's amazing to me how so many cannot only claim to be die hard fans who watched Romo's play but can't see the disparity between the two, but the level of disrespect y'all have shown him in the process. The same fans who screamed for him last year and saw his worth now act like he was never good. The same guy who when he had this offense in 2014 was more then a game manager. A guy who threw 38TD to 9int and was a MVP candidate. Now suddenly that never happened lol.

Excellent post my friend..........there is a reason no rookie QB has ever won the SB and I highly doubt Dak is going to be the first..........so when we do eventually lose in the playoffs with a healthy Romo standing on the sidelines watching..................Dak will get the blunt of the blame and fans will blame him for the rest of his career here. May not be fair, but it is what it is.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I only play Romo if they lose to the bucks and lions. Then play Romo against the eagles as a warm up game.

Likely too late at that point, the Giants will have taken the division and we are looking at the 5th or 6th spot then and an early first round exit.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Most of those voting for Romo is a result of Overreaction Monday.
Or it could be the a large number of fans are starting to realize that experience does matter and maybe a rookie has limitations that a 14 year veteran doesn't.

I personally find the argument that a 4th round rookie can make every throw, read every coverage, and adjust to every formation at the same speed and skill level of a 14 year vet with 4 probowls under his belt the most ridiculous argument ever. Dak would have to be the greatest rookie QB of all time to do this.

Experience matters, especially in the playoffs.................I am very surprised Jason Garrett does not believe this as well.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I thought Romo should have been QB when he was healthy. He's a better QB, it's not even debatable
since he's not starting it would appear at the very minimum it *is* debatable.

the arrogance of some postings is pretty funny sometimes.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If they stick with Dak and we get eliminated in the playoffs, Dak hasn't seen the backlash he is going to get from a large section of the fan base. There was even a caller on Talkin Cowboys that said if we want to go to the SB we have to put Romo in.

That is the prevailing opinion on a lot of Cowboy sites right now, so if they stick with Dak they better realize what they are doing because if we don't make it to Houston, Dak is going to be blamed for the rest of his career if we never get this close again.

That was the botch, naming Dak the permanent starter and letting Romo go out there and do a concession speech basically. Dak is now expected to play at a probowl level and if he doesn't, its going to get very uncomfortable for him with a large percentage of the fan base. May not be fair, but it is what it is.
And what do you think's going to happen if Tony comes in and flops in the playoffs. A large number of the fanbase will blame him, yet again. If he replaces Dak he better be the way he used to be and not a shell of himself. And this coaching staff better return to the running game or it won't matter either way.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
And what do you think's going to happen if Tony comes in and flops in the playoffs. A large number of the fanbase will blame him, yet again. If he replaces Dak he better be the way he used to be and not a shell of himself. And this coaching staff better return to the running game or it won't matter either way.

You are 100% correct my friend, if Romo is no longer the Romo we saw in 2014 and is just a shell of his former self, then we might as well just stick with Dak.

But what if Romo is anything close to what he was in 2014? We are going to let him stand on the sideline while a rookie gets us eliminated in the playoffs? Look, experience matters when it comes to QBs in the playoffs. This is no knock against Dak, but he hasn't seen every coverage, every blitz, every formation that a defense can throw at you and Romo has.

If experience didn't matter, why has no rookie QB ever won a SB? And to accept the argument that Dak is the first means that you are arguing that Dak is the greatest rookie QB of all time in the history of the NFL and can make every throw, make every read, and make every audible that a 14 year vet can.

Is this seriously the argument being made?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
In the situation this team is in right now you play who gives you the best chance at winning in the playoffs. It is just that simple. Dak is showing his inexperience against good teams and that is only going to be magnified going forward. The time is now and there are no guarantees this success flows into next season. You play the guy who gives you the best chance to win now, period.
Seems to be a lot of rooting for the player, not the team going on. Ironic since that was a go to point made often by many Romo haters toward the Romo fans over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.