Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?

Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I voted yes. this may shock some peeps but I am scared about not signing him long term. Guess who's slobbering to be a NFL QB and is playing in Boulder? I can see Jerry in love with this kid. I see it. I see it happening.
I get what you are saying ....... but if they were after that guy they would be starting Trey this year and sitting Dak to get a high draft pick.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
No trade doesn’t stop trades, it just directs the recipient. And the only comparable trade to Jalen at his age with his accolades would be Watson… who garnered 3 1sts.
And every team in the NFL is fully aware of how that trade worked out. No team would consider repeating that kind of deal. I give the Eagles credit for getting their QB signed early. He was, for about a week, the highest paid player in NFL history. He hasn’t played one game on his deal and already it’s the eighth highest… soon to be ninth when Dak signs. Nonetheless, no team is trading three seconds for Hurts, let alone three firsts, even if he were to agree to it. Which he won’t.

He is young, though, only two of the ten highest paid QBs are younger than he is. Both are paid more and have accomplished less. That pretty much says it all about compensation for quarterbacks in the contemporary NFL.

Reaction score
And he'll continue to.choke in big games. Rich or not, he'll never be elite. What will be hilarious will be watching rookie qbs pass him by. Lol
There are no rookies that have passed him by yet. And none on the horizon. So again, you guys all wanting to conveniently pin the shortcomings of the Cowboys on one player - a top QB in the league - is nonsense.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I was going to vote "no," but ended up voting "l don't care." As long as the Jones' own the team, it doesn't matter who the QB is. I'm rooting for Dak to take Jerry for every penny he can at this point.

Reaction score

Here you go, Mr.Reddick..............

It doesn't have anything to do with how much he "should" be paid. No human being should be paid that much money to play football. The point is he WILL 100% be paid that much starting in 2025 - and you can bank on it. And saving money on another QB to lead the Cowboys is as risky as wiping your *** with a broken coke bottle. If Jerry goes that direction, so be it. Prescott will be fine / filthy rich wherever he ends up. Weigh the risks and roll with it.

SBWinner

Reaction score
My answer is it depends on amount and as most employees do, per performance. If they can write it that way, then yes sign him. He is a good QB but we all want the playoff success as well. To be fair, The QB is a single position and other positions count in winning as well. But there needs to be a balanced approach, and this is such an individual star league that payment to QBs is disproportionately high.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I voted no but I am very close to voting I don't care. I guess if we do sign him we will be more competitive but with him Cee Dee and eventually Micha getting big contracts, I am not expecting anything more than maybe one playoff win, if we are lucky enough to even make the playoffs.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Ha, and which of those rookies would come in to play with Dallas? Caleb Williams? Jayden Daniels? Bo Nix? Drake May? You realize we don't have any shot at those guys, right?
Didn't say we did. Just saying some of those will pass Dak within a year or two. Dak isn't going to get better. Some of those will.

Reaction score
My answer is it depends on amount and as most employees do, per performance. If they can write it that way, then yes sign him. He is a good QB but we all want the playoff success as well. To be fair, The QB is a single position and other positions count in winning as well. But there needs to be a balanced approach, and this is such an individual star league that payment to QBs is disproportionately high.
True, and I would prefer that Prescott (like Brady and Mahomes) would agree to a more team friendly deal that would allow the Cowboys to add more talent around him. But unlike the Chiefs and Patriot organizations, you can understand why Prescott and his agent would question whether the Jones's would take that money and spend it wisely. Their track record is not good.

Reaction score
Didn't say we did. Just saying some of those will pass Dak within a year or two. Dak isn't going to get better. Some of those will.
So the point then remains - if you let Prescott walk, who takes over that makes you a better team? Any current top veteran QB is already tied up with a team and not coming to Dallas. Any top rookie is playing for a team that had high draft picks - and they are locked in for years with those teams. So you have NO better option than Prescott for the near future. THAT IS MY POINT. NO BETTER QB AVAILABLE. So what good does it do to save 20 million dollars a year on your starting QB if he is less talented? Makes absolutely no sense.