Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?

Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

kskboys

Reaction score
Just because it is extremely difficult to find a good QB does not mean you should overpay one who isn't getting it done. I was just reading the latest coach's polls about Dak, and he was put in the tier 2 category, the one where he doesn't put the team on his back and will them to win. That's almost word for word what they said.

After reading the article, I'm just not sure there is huge money out there for Dak on another team. There are only so many Clev Browns and DALL Cowboys out there who will overpay a player.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just because it is extremely difficult to find a good QB does not mean you should overpay one who isn't getting it done. I was just reading the latest coach's polls about Dak, and he was put in the tier 2 category, the one where he doesn't put the team on his back and will them to win. That's almost word for word what they said.

After reading the article, I'm just not sure there is huge money out there for Dak on another team. There are only so many Clev Browns and DALL Cowboys out there who will overpay a player.
This.

Reaction score

You can say that all day. But everyone knows the Cowboys will always catch hell because everyone hates "America's Team". The talking heads, other coaches and players. Whatever. The fact is this - Dak is absolutely a top 10 QB. I mean just look at his stats for last year. And we've already determined that the GB game was a sh!tshow by the entire team - not just Dak. So he is a "tier 2" QB? You know as well as I do that he is not. Speaking of polls - did you see the poll this week from NFL players saying Josh Allen is the most overrated QB in the league. That's all you need as evidence about the validity of polls.

There are teams out there that would absolutely pay Dak 60 million a year and would have a drunk fest celebrating that deal. So we will see what Jerry wants to do when the time comes. Again, the question I ask and the one no one can answer. If you let Dak walk, who in the ever living hell do you bring in that gives you a better chance at success? Regardless of whether you can bring someone in for 20 million less a year and spend that money elsewhere. Who? If you look closely, the options will scare the sh!t out of you.

Reaction score
Someone that can get us the number one pick in the draft so we can have our pick of QB's
So let me get this right. So we have a top 10 franchise QB and you are willing to tank the team for a year or two hoping that you land a QB in the freaking draft? Are you kidding me? Go back and look at the top QBs taken in the draft and see what the batting average has been. I have high expectations for this past draft QBs - but if you take the last 10 or 15, you would be much better off with Dak than 80% of those guys. Prove me wrong. Your strategy would lead to at least a 50/50 chance you send Dallas into the sh!thole for a decade.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Prove me wrong.
They have been doing it for 29 years

send Dallas into the sh!thole for a decade.

They cannot send them where they are already at.

All those great regular season wins we have had with Romo and now Dak does not matter if they cannot get it done in the playoffs.

Tired of seeing this any time we face a good team.

0_dak-prescott.jpg

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If truth be told, I'm strongly in favor of the Cowboys drafting a QB early in the 2025 draft. :flagwave:
Dak has performed well, albeit, although a bit limited. It's forgivable, in lieu of a true GM. :huh:

I honestly feel that the combination of a half-assed FO and lack of a sound philosophy hurt us!

Last edited:
Reaction score
If truth be told, I'm strongly in favor of the Cowboys drafting a QB early in the 2025 draft. :flagwave:
Dak has performed well, albeit, although a bit limited. It's forgivable, in lieu of a true GM. :huh:
How are you going to do that when Dallas will win 10 or 11 games this year? Dallas is not going to be in the running for the top draft QBs in 2025. You want to win playoff games or go to the SB in the next few years? Get a legit GM and have Jerry stay out of everything except the check writing. That is the only winning formula.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
How are you going to do that when Dallas will win 10 or 11 games this year? Dallas is not going to be in the running for the top draft QBs in 2025. You want to win playoff games or go to the SB in the next few years? Get a legit GM and have Jerry stay out of everything except the check writing. That is the only winning formula.
If you think the Cowboys might get another GM to replace Jerry when he's the one in control, I have a bridge in California to sell you! :grin:

There's anything but a guarantee that this team will win 10 or 11 games, when the upcoming schedule is one that will challenge any team.

If you know someone with the wherewithal to prevent Jerry from staying on as the Cowboys GM in the upcoming year, good luck with that.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I can't say I fall into any of the 3 options for sure. Dak has the talent, but against talented teams he seems to get lost in his own head when things start going badly. He should be gathering his teammates and pumping them up instead sitting by himself with his head down. That old saying about when the going gets tough...comes to mind.

triplets_93

Reaction score
The difference is ........ That D coordinator (who decided to play a completely different style of defense for that one game) is no longer here.

Dak is still here and wants to be paid the highest ever .......... for "the brotherhood"
Dak is so noble!
They'll be a Statue of him somewhere.

triplets_93

Reaction score
It's probably not that they don't care. It's because they realize there isn't a clear cut option that works. The Cowboy issues are much deeper than the starting QB.
The Jonses don't really care.
What they do care about, the Bottom Line, it will be strong regardless of whether Dak, or some other person is the QB.
Jerry, always selling the sizzle. And he's a Master of it.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
My opinion has changed on this. I say yes because he beats up on the NFC East and it would be hard to replace his production in the draft. Obviously, we haven’t been able to find a replacement yet.

Reaction score
If you think the Cowboys might get another GM to replace Jerry when he's the one in control, I have a bridge in California to sell you! :grin:

There's anything but a guarantee that this team will win 10 or 11 games, when the upcoming schedule is one that will challenge any team.

If you know someone with the wherewithal to prevent Jerry from staying on as the Cowboys GM in the upcoming year, good luck with that.
Not saying there will be a new GM or Jerry will be leaving. Just saying that is where the primary problem lays by a mile - not with Prescott as your QB.