Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?

Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t want to see Dak signed. Sure…he generates gaudy stats, but against teams that are less talented and/or are playing from behind. Dak has had plenty of time and opportunity to lead the Cowboys to multiple playoff wins…not like they haven’t had talented teams. His time has come and gone.
Sure…bringing in a new QB won’t be without growing pains leading to less wins; but is keeping Dak the answer. Jerry just paid CD and if he pays Dak the Cowboys will be limited under the salary cap to make moves in bring in new talent (not that the FO was adept in doing that anyways)…so is having a “franchise” QB with little to no talent around him more preferable to a mediocre QB with talent around him with the potential to keep adding and developing talent?
I prefer the latter scenario…
Reasonable

Flamma

Reaction score
I voted do not care. I don't think he should be extended prior to week 1. I think they should wait until week 8. If he shows a valiant effort against the Ravens, Lions, and 49ers, sign him. I don't even need victories, but show some effort. In 2013 Romo lost to the Broncos, but he passed for over 500 yards. I'm not saying Dak has to do that, but at least be good. QBs can be good in losing efforts. Make me believe we have a snowball's chance in hell.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I voted do not care. I don't think he should be extended prior to week 1. I think they should wait until week 8. If he shows a valiant effort against the Ravens, Lions, and 49ers, sign him. I don't even need victories, but show some effort. In 2013 Romo lost to the Broncos, but he passed for over 500 yards. I'm not saying Dak has to do that, but at least be good. QBs can be good in losing efforts. Make me believe we have a snowball's chance in hell.
This is actually a great idea ....... prove you can beat the 9'rs and Lions.

kskboys

Reaction score
Me, I don’t find Dak to be ‘ordinary’. I think he’s well above average - borderline top ten. But he’s asking for top-five money and he’s not delivered top-five play. Business is business and the Cowboys need to make a smart business decision here. Too often they get overly cozying with some of there more veteran talent. Stand off - don’t get overly personal. Make objective decisions.
Yeah yeah yeah, don't get caught up in the details. Above average, ordinary, whatever, that's just semantics. If he's not delivered top 5 play, then he's ordinary.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The smart move would be to wait and see what he looks like through the first 8 games. If he's lighting up those playoff teams from last year then, at least they would have that to at least show a positive trend, because in the past he has been terrible against playoff caliber teams. If he's still got the flop sweat deer in headlights look in those games then let him play it out and say goodbye.

Of course, the Jones boys rarely make the smart move, and they like their guys, and always cave and give the players whatever they want after trying to look like they are master negotiators. So there's that.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wow, just finished writing almost the exact same thought. I agree 100%. At least give a flicker of hope that he can perform in these games.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The smart move would be to wait and see what he looks like through the first 8 games. If he's lighting up those playoff teams from last year then, at least they would have that to at least show a positive trend, because in the past he has been terrible against playoff caliber teams. If he's still got the flop sweat deer in headlights look in those games then let him play it out and say goodbye.

Of course, the Jones boys rarely make the smart move, and they like their guys, and always cave and give the players whatever they want after trying to look like they are master negotiators. So there's that.
Great minds and such

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The YES votes are competing against the I DONT CARE votes...................
Oulala............ :muttley:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Romo choked that Broncos game at the moment of truth - just like the fumbled FG chip shot snap. That is who Romo was and continued to be after resigning him. Same will happen if we resign Dak. We know who Dak is by now. We know his ceiling. He isn't worth the money.

John813

Reaction score
Voted I don't care.

I think Jerry gets it done, and now with Lamb signed they will get Dak locked up.
Lance showed nothing to say he's even a #2.
Doubt Jerry wants to see Dak walk and roll the dice on a draftee, even if they were a baseball player /s.

If they sign him, cool. If they don't, cool.
They didn't do much to try to buck the one and done trend in the playoffs.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Want to see the forums current mood on this topic.
Let's see. I am a GM. Should I sign the runner up for the NFL MVP award from 2023 to a contract extension. Hmmm. Tough choice. Also, should I refrain from shooting myself in the head. Hmmm. Tough choice.

Seriously???? Some choices are tough. Some aren't.

Reaction score
Good grief is right. Your post is riddled with fabrication

3 NFL all pro lineman, a top receiver, and somehow Dak is working with less?

And since when is he a "perennial" MVP finalist? He led the league in INTs 2 frigging seasons ago.

Also the idea of winning "5 or less games" with anyone else is historically inaccurate

Facts are, the team has won 5 out of the past 6 games that rush has started in daks place

Do I want Dak re-signed?

Answer: HELL no!

It's like having dinner at the same restaurant every Friday. The appetizers and main course are reasonably good, but every single week the dessert leaves you vomiting out in the parking lot.

That, in a nutshell, is Daks Cowboy tenure. Why would you pay $60 M a year for that?

Try a new restaurant brother. You might be disappointed, you might be pleasantly surprised. But what we got now ain't working. It's been almost a decade. If he hasn't figured it out by now he's never going to.
You are clueless. Like Louis Reddick said on espn this morning (and he is incredibly more qualified to make this determination than you are), the Cowboys would be fools to let a QB like Prescott go. That Prescott has been a top 10 QB for years - and that blaming him for the post season failures is ridiculous. There was blame to go around all over the place during those playoff losses. He went on to say "now could a Mahomes or Burrow have won those games for you in spite of the other deficiencies on the team? Maybe. But those are two guys on teams they are not about to leave". So I'm asking you - who else do you replace Dak with if he is let go? Give me a name - it won't be anyone that will give you a better chance to win. And regarding some of the points you attempted to make. Elite teams don't have success with ONE top receiver. What are Prescott's other receiver options after Lamb? All highly successful offenses have a strong 2 and sometimes 3 receiver. NFL defenses will limit an offense with only one major weapon at receiver. How about RB - enough said on that. To even mention Rush in the same breath as Dak is laughable. If you don't think Dallas would have had 5+ more losses last year with Rush at QB - you're beyond help. You say "he hasn't figured it out in a decade". Again, complete ignorance. Again, he is a top 10 QB in the league and continues to pile up wins for this organization in spite of Jerry Jones, HC changes, major team injuries, limited rosters / weapons. So thankfully you and a lot of the other folks on this board aren't making any of the decisions. Stick with your day job.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Hurts has no trade/no tag in his current deal. No team would give up three firsts if they were getting both Prescott and Hurts.
No trade doesn’t stop trades, it just directs the recipient. And the only comparable trade to Jalen at his age with his accolades would be Watson… who garnered 3 1sts.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
You are clueless. Like Louis Reddick said on espn this morning (and he is incredibly more qualified to make this determination than you are), the Cowboys would be fools to let a QB like Prescott go. That Prescott has been a top 10 QB for years - and that blaming him for the post season failures is ridiculous. There was blame to go around all over the place during those playoff losses. He went on to say "now could a Mahomes or Burrow have won those games for you in spite of the other deficiencies on the team? Maybe. But those are two guys on teams they are not about to leave". So I'm asking you - who else do you replace Dak with if he is let go? Give me a name - it won't be anyone that will give you a better chance to win. And regarding some of the points you attempted to make. Elite teams don't have success with ONE top receiver. What are Prescott's other receiver options after Lamb? All highly successful offenses have a strong 2 and sometimes 3 receiver. NFL defenses will limit an offense with only one major weapon at receiver. How about RB - enough said on that. To even mention Rush in the same breath as Dak is laughable. If you don't think Dallas would have had 5+ more losses last year with Rush at QB - you're beyond help. You say "he hasn't figured it out in a decade". Again, complete ignorance. Again, he is a top 10 QB in the league and continues to pile up wins for this organization in spite of Jerry Jones, HC changes, major team injuries, limited rosters / weapons. So thankfully you and a lot of the other folks on this board aren't making any of the decisions. Stick with your day job.
Cool story Tad.

Your original post was still chock full of fabrications. It's not too late to own it and publicly apologize