Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?

Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Only if we get to the NFC championship game. I'm tired of him choking in big games. When you do that you're not entitled to be one of the highest paid quarterbacks. I don't know who told him otherwise.
Market value. Next in line. And Brotherhood.

that's pretty much the case for Dak getting paid, in a nutshell.

I don't agree with it either. But that's the argument.

Reaction score
Only if we get to the NFC championship game. I'm tired of him choking in big games. When you do that you're not entitled to be one of the highest paid quarterbacks. I don't know who told him otherwise.
This is hilarious. You'll find out in about 6 months why he thinks he is entitled to be one of the highest paid quarterbacks. With Dallas or with another team, he will be the highest paid QB in the league in 2025.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He hates the Cowboys with a passion and predicted them to lose in almost every game last year .......
He's another possible Dak's father......dude is a Joke and he had dreams of someone making him a GM.
Now get Ernie the Cowboy in here and the deal is sealed!!! :muttley:

Reaction score
why so he can choke in the playoffs and look stupid while he looks at his ipad and then gets up and throws another easy interception
Ha, using last season's playoff loss to the Packers, go back and watch the defense. Those guys were completely lost from the opening kickoff. A lot of pressure on a QB when he sees that the defense is going to give up 48 freaking points. Did he have to play overly aggressive and tight after watching that start to the game? Yep. Doesn't excuse the defense for not showing up.

Reaction score
Yeah yeah yeah, don't get caught up in the details. Above average, ordinary, whatever, that's just semantics. If he's not delivered top 5 play, then he's ordinary.
So being one of the top 10 QBs on earth is ordinary? Nonsense. Would like to see your head explode if Dallas did have an "ordinary" QB this season. It would be epic.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Market value. Next in line. And Brotherhood.

that's pretty much the case for Dak getting paid, in a nutshell.

I don't agree with it either. But that's the argument.
That is assuming there are teams that are out there willing to pay Dak all time money. Those teams are not there. Think about it.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
So being one of the top 10 QBs on earth is ordinary? Nonsense. Would like to see your head explode if Dallas did have an "ordinary" QB this season. It would be epic.
All time worst playoff QB record wise.

Plus, what are you threatening me with the loss of Dak exactly? Not winning SBs? Not even competing for them? The horrors! It's not like we are used to that already.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Ha, using last season's playoff loss to the Packers, go back and watch the defense. Those guys were completely lost from the opening kickoff. A lot of pressure on a QB when he sees that the defense is going to give up 48 freaking points. Did he have to play overly aggressive and tight after watching that start to the game? Yep. Doesn't excuse the defense for not showing up.
Dak was completely lost form the opening kickoff from picks, to pick sixes, to taking bad sacks out of FG range. Yeah, Dak sure was awesome that first half!

Reaction score
That is assuming there are teams that are out there willing to pay Dak all time money. Those teams are not there. Think about it.
Those teams are absolutely out there. You can put the Raiders and Saints as two that would pay that kind of money for Prescott. And there are several more. That's why Jerry Jones will regret once again waiting to the last minute to negotiate these deals.

Reaction score
All time worst playoff QB record wise.

Plus, what are you threatening me with the loss of Dak exactly? Not winning SBs? Not even competing for them? The horrors! It's not like we are used to that already.
The fact is Prescott is absolutely talented enough to lead the Cowboys to a Super Bowl if he had a competent front office that could field a complete roster. Your chances of seeing the Cowboys in a Super Bowl again are much better improving the roster around Prescott than starting over with a new quarterback. I know all of you want to make it where one move will solve everything - but QB is not the problem.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
^^^^^^
everyone please pay no attention to the *fact* that 14 of those 27 first half points were giftwrapped by Dak. Literally directly attributable to him.

And this argument that he "was overly aggressive and tight" after seeing the defense give up an early TD?
Hogwash.

An 8 year vet who is demanding to be paid more than anyone in NFL history, couldn't handle the pressure of an early 7-0 deficit against a team that barely scraped in?

Yeah, that's the guy you want to pin your hopes to.

Keep flailing. It's been epic watching the "hailstate" contingent melt down defending their boy.
Just waiting for the cowbells to start ringing......:muttley:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are clueless. Like Louis Reddick said on espn this morning (and he is incredibly more qualified to make this determination than you are), the Cowboys would be fools to let a QB like Prescott go. That Prescott has been a top 10 QB for years - and that blaming him for the post season failures is ridiculous. There was blame to go around all over the place during those playoff losses. He went on to say "now could a Mahomes or Burrow have won those games for you in spite of the other deficiencies on the team? Maybe. But those are two guys on teams they are not about to leave". So I'm asking you - who else do you replace Dak with if he is let go? Give me a name - it won't be anyone that will give you a better chance to win. And regarding some of the points you attempted to make. Elite teams don't have success with ONE top receiver. What are Prescott's other receiver options after Lamb? All highly successful offenses have a strong 2 and sometimes 3 receiver. NFL defenses will limit an offense with only one major weapon at receiver. How about RB - enough said on that. To even mention Rush in the same breath as Dak is laughable. If you don't think Dallas would have had 5+ more losses last year with Rush at QB - you're beyond help. You say "he hasn't figured it out in a decade". Again, complete ignorance. Again, he is a top 10 QB in the league and continues to pile up wins for this organization in spite of Jerry Jones, HC changes, major team injuries, limited rosters / weapons. So thankfully you and a lot of the other folks on this board aren't making any of the decisions. Stick with your day job.

Here you go, Mr.Reddick..............

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
This is hilarious. You'll find out in about 6 months why he thinks he is entitled to be one of the highest paid quarterbacks. With Dallas or with another team, he will be the highest paid QB in the league in 2025.
And he'll continue to.choke in big games. Rich or not, he'll never be elite. What will be hilarious will be watching rookie qbs pass him by. Lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
... up-and-until the next quarterback up gets their contract finalized.

foofighters

Reaction score
I voted yes. this may shock some peeps but I am scared about not signing him long term. Guess who's slobbering to be a NFL QB and is playing in Boulder? I can see Jerry in love with this kid. I see it. I see it happening.