Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?

Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

leeblair

Reaction score
This isn't basketball. One player cannot carry a team of 22 players.

Agreed - but you have to agree that Prescott takes 95% of the blame. That's the point. And it is grossly shallow and foolish of fans to think the solution is to "let Prescott walk" and think that is going to pave the way to greater success in the playoffs. Dallas has a great QB now - we would be wise not to F with it.
Let's be clear and get this out of the way right now:
One player CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE in how a team fares.
And one player CAN sink the team's hopes if he underperforms.
Dak Prescott has consistently underperformed when the team was good enough to take the next step.

Creeper

Reaction score
I voted yes, but it really depends on the deal. If Dak signs for $55 million for 6 years, I would be okay with that. I would not give him $60 million for 4 years.

Reaction score
30 of 32 NFL HC's put him in Tier 2. Soooo, they're wrong and you're right?
OK, let's put this nonsense to bed. First of all, why not share where you see this poll. Secondly, if they claim he is a Tier 2 QB, it's because the consider Tier 1 Elite and only includes players like Mahomes, Burrow and Allen. If that's the case, sure - he is "tier 2" with the quarterbacks ranked in the 5 to 12 range. I can guarantee you this - Dallas won't have a tier 1 QB anytime soon due to letting Prescott walk next year. Again, Prescott is not this team's problem.

Reaction score
Dak is a loser and will always be a loser . He is incapable of beating teams in post season even with stacked rosters on his side. That’s an objective fact and not an opinion. He’s tied for the the worst post season win percentage in NFL history minimum 7 games,

Let's be clear and get this out of the way right now:
One player CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE in how a team fares.
And one player CAN sink the team's hopes if he underperforms.
Dak Prescott has consistently underperformed when the team was good enough to take the next step.
When it comes to the quarterback, a handful can. But those fellas are on other teams and Dallas can't get them. And Prescott is still a better quarterback than all but maybe 8 or 9 in the league. Again, you guys are silly putting all of the playoff losses on Prescott. You could point to all kinds of other areas that cost them those games. Roster management, injuries, inferior coaching, unpreparedness, on and on and on.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
When it comes to the quarterback, a handful can. But those fellas are on other teams and Dallas can't get them. And Prescott is still a better quarterback than all but maybe 8 or 9 in the league. Again, you guys are silly putting all of the playoff losses on Prescott. You could point to all kinds of other areas that cost them those games. Roster management, injuries, inferior coaching, unpreparedness, on and on and on.
Always an excuse. There were always excuses for Romo too. More than 10 QBs since Prescott's first start have been to a conference title game. Dak isn't top 10.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well looks like the Do not cares are having the most flex from 10-12%

The No Daks are staying strong at 68%

The Dak lovers are staying in the high 21%

NumOneQB

Reaction score
They would be stupid not to. There is zero plan in place for a replacement. Of course, do we ever expect this franchise to do anything the right way or just fly at the seat of their pants? There is no way they expected Lance to be a viable option. I refuse to believe they’re that incompetent. They shoulda drafted a legitimate QB this offseason (or last) if moving on from Dak was really on the table. So in short, I expect Jerry to do what Jerry does with Dak’s deal, delay and think he’s playing hardball, stall, let the market skyrocket (which it already has), then overpay with a max contract.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
No, first of all he's had 8 years to win it all, hasn't done it, and history is not on his side to do so.

Second, he's had 2 instances just this off season with his ankle, the one that got broken. Warning sign that he may not physically hold up over the course of even a new 4-year deal, let alone the 5 or 6 years that the Cowboys would need him to take so they could prorate signing bonus, etc. over the long turn.

Sorry, Dak, you're a good guy and a good quarterback, but you've had your chance here, play out this year, win the SB, and I'll consider changing my opinion...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Second, he's had 2 instances just this off season with his ankle, the one that got broken. Warning sign that he may not physically hold up over the course of even a new 4-year deal, let alone the 5 or 6 years that the Cowboys would need him to take so they could prorate signing bonus, etc. over the long turn.
Yea ...... I had the exact same injury when I was 23 .......I had fusion done like 13 years ago because it had deteriorated so much.